Fun with TW.

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Blue_Lion
Knight

Fun with TW.

Unread post by Blue_Lion »

Basically this is going to be a thread looking at the use of certain spells with TW, and look at some options they might allow if the GM approves of them. All tw is subject to GM approval.

Lets start off with the spell create magic scroll.

Forms this might take in TW-
Printers- basically a no brainer the printer will print out a traditional scoll, it might just magically create it or require you type the spell in to a computer. This would probably be the easiest to get a GM to approve as it is just adding the requirement of equipment to cast the spell basically the same.

Computers (from palm top, lap tops and traditinal towers)-use a word processing program to wright an electronic scroll. This would likly create a file that is magicaly prevented from being coppied. The document would have the same characteristics of a traditional spell such as how to cast and learning from it. It may or may not be able to be sent to another device by electronic means. If the computer has text to speach it might be able to be set to read the spell allowed to cast the spell.

Pocket disk recorders-record the spell in word form on a disk. Not likly to be able to be coppied. Playing the disk with any device with a
speaker should cast the spell. This may take more work to get a GM to aprove but would make scrolls that you can not learn spells from and remove the need to be literate to cast the spell.

Now that said there are way to use this scrolls with security systems and traps.

Setting up a device with a camera and text to speach abilties you could tie it in to a securty network to read the scroll allowed to release the spell when an alarm or motion sensor is triped.

With computer programing you can tie a computer with text to speach and either a scroll or the computer with the electronic scoll idea above and you can use it to release spells to add to your defence.

If your gm allows you to make the pocket disk recoder to make audio scrolls you could set up a motion sensor device to play the scroll and cast it as part of a trap or defense system.

The issue becomes what spells to have it cast and how to set the target. The gm might allow you to program in the peramtors to a computer using a TWs computer programing skill.

Any thoghts on this topic.
The Clones are coming you shall all be replaced, but who is to say you have not been replaced already.

Master of Type-O and the obvios.

Soon my army oc clones and winged-monkies will rule the world but first, must .......

I may debate canon and RAW, but the games I run are highly house ruled. So I am not debating for how I play but about how the system works as written.
dragonfett
Knight

Re: Fun with TW.

Unread post by dragonfett »

I have had thoughts of making a TW Potion Maker from a coffee pot, the Spell Talisman, Create Water, Water to Wine (for the act of transforming the water), and then have the tray you put coffee grinds in enchanted differently so you could use the same Potion Maker to make different potions.
Under the Pain of Death
I would Stand Alone
Against an Army of Darkness
And Horrors Unknown
Mack
Supreme Being
Comment: This space for rent.

Unread post by Mack »

A while back I think I made a food dehydrator that infused the Sustain spell. Would make beef jerky where eating 1 ounce felt like consuming a whole meal.
Some gave all.
Love your neighbor.
Know the facts. Know your opinion. Know the difference.
Shark_Force
Palladin

Unread post by Shark_Force »

Mack wrote:A while back I think I made a food dehydrator that infused the Sustain spell. Would make beef jerky where eating 1 ounce felt like consuming a whole meal.

i didn't make it, but i've been considering doing the same kind of thing with a blender for meal replacement shakes :)
Blue_Lion
Knight

dragonfett wrote:I have had thoughts of making a TW Potion Maker from a coffee pot, the Spell Talisman, Create Water, Water to Wine (for the act of transforming the water), and then have the tray you put coffee grinds in enchanted differently so you could use the same Potion Maker to make different potions.

Perhaps instead of a traditional coffee pot, something like a kurreg where you put a prepared gem in for the spell you want in the potion. The gems would act like reusable K cups.
The Clones are coming you shall all be replaced, but who is to say you have not been replaced already.

Soon my army oc clones and winged-monkies will rule the world but first, must .......

I may debate canon and RAW, but the games I run are highly house ruled. So I am not debating for how I play but about how the system works as written.
Blue_Lion
Knight

RMK robot medical kit ideas.

The nature of these bots would seam to support the use of them and healing spells. Perhaps casting heal self(lvl 7 healing spell) or greater heal.

A slight twist on this would be the mend the broken spell on a object being treated. (some GMs will reject this because they do not believe in free heals.)

A difublator type device and the resurrections spell, might also be a good idea

Not combat but-
combing a wood process machine with the create wood spell to make 2x4, 4x4, 2x6 boards for framing a houses and other building needs should be making some where around the normal amount of wood. (the planks might be good for laying floor or siding, but would need to be trimmed down for framing.) perhaps even a TW plywood press using create wood to make sheets of wood.

Return to “Rifts®”