Cloudweavers & Sky Knights, the non-Lyn-Srial kind

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

13eowulf
Megaversal® Ambassador

Cloudweavers & Sky Knights, the non-Lyn-Srial kind

Unread post by 13eowulf »

So races other than Lyn-Srial can become these OCCs, with added restrictions.

My question is: In addition to what the OCC provides, do these non-Lyn-Srial gain the 15 P.P.E. per level that the Lyn-Srial get?
Because those OCCs dont list a starting PPE, they list a PPE bonus, which (in theory) is to be added to the base Lyn-Srial PPE, which is where their PPE per level is listed, instead of the OCC.

(Yes, I know the two classes are technically listed as RCCs, and yes I know there is a large debate regarding labelling, etc., but can we not derail this thread by rehashing that debate here please? I used OCC for simplicity, given it is for a non-Lyn-Srial)
Oderint Dum Metuant.
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Re: Cloudweavers & Sky Knights, the non-Lyn-Srial kind

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

Are the two classes even available to non Lyn-Srial?

Non-Lyn-Srial can learn Cloudweaving magic, but per pg36 (WB14) would require an IQ AND ME of 18 each. That suggests they can become those two classes (though Cloudweavers on pg36 are suggested to be all female). So there would be some added requirements.

As the PPE. If you allow these CCs to be available to non Ln-Srial and not have them learn the Magic as part of their currect Magic CC... I would go with the simple flat 15 unless you want to find a "similar" OCC to base it off of.
Curbludgeon
Hero
Comment: They/Them

Unread post by Curbludgeon »

Pg. 135 describes male Cloudweavers. I wouldn't allow cloud magic to be learned outside of Sky-Knights and Cloud Weavers. PPE for other races isn't defined in either New West or BoM, but since each cloud costs 50% more PPE for non-Lyn-Srial, and they're not getting a bonus for PE, I'd just give 'em the same amount (1d6x10+1or2d4x10+15/level).
13eowulf
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by 13eowulf »

ShadowLogan wrote:Are the two classes even available to non Lyn-Srial?

Yes other races can become Sky-Knights and Clourweavers, with some added penalties, per New West page 37.

New West pg 37 wrote:Character Notes: Cloud Magic is more akin to Oriental mysticism than magic as understood and practiced by most humans and D-bees. Consequently, it is much more difficult for non-Lyn-Srial to master and grow in the mystic arts of the Cloudweaver or Sky-Knight. This means non-Lyn-Srial must expend 50% more P.P.E. when casting a spell, need an additional 1500 experience points to advance each level (use the Cloud weaver and Sky-Knight X.P. tables), and must have a minimum I.Q. and M.E. of 18 each, as well as an open and imaginative mind. Also note that the Golden Ones will not teach their magic to selfish, evil or vengeful people, and requires years of training.
It takes 1D4+4 years before the character advances to first level Sky-Knight and 2D4+14 years to become a Cloudweaver!
Oderint Dum Metuant.
Incriptus
Hero
Comment: Hey, relaaaax. Pretend it's a game. Maybe it'll even be fun
Shoot the tubes, Dogmeat!

Unread post by Incriptus »

If it is up for a vote I would give it to them ...

Of course if it were up for a vote I would all the racial penalties ...

Return to “Rifts®”