ok need help here

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

ZINO
Knight
Comment: NEVER QUIT..... I got lucky

ok need help here

Unread post by ZINO »

ok read this word for word but what it MD of this light infantry weapon stats?
WB 36 Sovietski

The Kalashnikov
The Weapon of the People
The AK-47 assault rifle is possibly the most iconic weapon ever created by the Soviets. The rifle was praised largely for its
durability, reliability in combat and simplicity of use. At the beginning
of the Golden Age. there were over 300 million AK-47 firearms worldwide, and approximately an additional 50 million
other weapons in the Kalashnikov family of weapons. Throughout the Golden Age and the new cold war that followed,
the Kalashn ikov was put back into full production as the primary weapon of the Russian armed forces. As technology developed,
it was upgraded for future production runs, leading to Mega-Damage energy weapons that used the original , beloved
design, some even mimicking the same sounds of gunfire made by the assault rifle with each laser or ion blast. It was decided
that familiarity breeds confidence and patriotic pride, which is why the old design was kept even for energy weapons. The new
M.D.C. materials made the weapon even more lightweight and resistant to physical damage on the battlefield.

AK-147 Kalashnikov (S.D.C.)
The AK-147 is the most prevalent weapon in all the Sovietski. Millions of these weapons were unearthed during the raids
on pre-cataclysm outposts and weapon caches after the Sovietski emerged. The rifle looks almost exactly like the pre-Rifts AKA7,
complete with iron sights. The body is made out of light M.D.C. materials, making it lightweight and extremely rugged. The
weapon can fire three and six round bursts and comes with either a folding metal or an integrated wooden stock for added stability. This is truly the weapon of the people.
Weight: 7 pounds (3.2 kg).
Range: 1,300 feet (396 m).
S.D.C. Damage
Standard Bullets: 5D6 S.D.C. Hit Points per round, lD4xlO S.D.C. for a three round burst or ID6xlO S.D.C.
with a six round burst.
Rate of Fire: Each single shot or burst counts as one attack.
Payload:
20, 30 and 60 round magazines, or 120 round detachable drum-style magazine (adds 10 pounds/4.5 kg to the weight).
Black Market Cost: 1,100 credits. Excellent availability. Free to Red Star Reservists.

it made out of MDC but what the MDC Stat?
did i miss this again
let your YES be YES and your NO be NO but plz no maybe
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

Re: ok need help here

Unread post by Warshield73 »

Rifts Game Master Guide, Pg. 111, #12

It states that "unless otherwise stated" the MDC of weapons is 15-25 for pistols, rifles 30-50, rail guns 70-100.

I have always thought these MDC values were a little high but as far as I know this is still canon.
Northern Gun Chief of Robotics
Designer of NG-X40 Storm Hammer Power Armor & NG-HC1000 Dragonfly Hover Chopper
Big game hunter, explorer extra ordinaire and expert on the Aegis Buffalo
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider Rifts Bestiary: Vol 1, Rifts Bestiary: Vol 2
ZINO
Knight
Comment: NEVER QUIT..... I got lucky

Unread post by ZINO »

thank you Warshield73
let your YES be YES and your NO be NO but plz no maybe
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

I do kinda wish weapons had an MDC listing for them. Then you could differentiate things like NG weapons not so high damage but more durable to wilks higher damage but more fragile.
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

Unread post by Warshield73 »

kaid wrote:I do kinda wish weapons had an MDC listing for them. Then you could differentiate things like NG weapons not so high damage but more durable to wilks higher damage but more fragile.

Yes, MDC and what year the weapon is introduced would be great to for people starting campaigns closer to 101PA.

You are right it would make sense for NG weapons to have more MDC then Wilks and CS more then Black Market.
Northern Gun Chief of Robotics
Designer of NG-X40 Storm Hammer Power Armor & NG-HC1000 Dragonfly Hover Chopper
Big game hunter, explorer extra ordinaire and expert on the Aegis Buffalo
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider Rifts Bestiary: Vol 1, Rifts Bestiary: Vol 2

Return to “Rifts®”