Cyborg Armor for Malvoren

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

LostOne
Champion

Cyborg Armor for Malvoren

Unread post by LostOne »

Is cyborg armor main body only? I'm only finding main body MDC listed. But the Malvoren can use cyborg armor. Seems kinda pointless (like an SDC) juicer) to only war MDC armor main body when a grenade will kill you easily by vaporizing your SDC head and limbs that are unprotected.

So for people playing a Malvoren if you want the full body covered are you grabbing parts from various armors as you come across them, a helmet here, or is there a full set of armor you prefer? Environmental seems ideal but if the Malvoren takes a cybernetic lung it may be less crucial.
"But you can't make an omelet without ruthlessly crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning to others." -Order of the Stick #760
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Re: Cyborg Armor for Malvoren

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

Depends on where you look. Originally Body Armor (including 'borg) was one hit location. You might want to lookup post WB11 Cyborg Armor designs (I know one is in WB11), but for some reason they did not make it into Bionics SB.

I did find that in the Cyborg OCC point #5 in RUE (pg46) they do list Main Body and Limb MDC for the various armors that are in Bionics SB and RMB.
LostOne
Champion

Unread post by LostOne »

ShadowLogan wrote:I did find that in the Cyborg OCC point #5 in RUE (pg46) they do list Main Body and Limb MDC for the various armors that are in Bionics SB and RMB.

Thank you for that, I had completely missed that. Bummer that the main body is lower, but makes sense.
"But you can't make an omelet without ruthlessly crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning to others." -Order of the Stick #760
guardiandashi
Hero

Unread post by guardiandashi »

LostOne wrote:Is cyborg armor main body only? I'm only finding main body MDC listed. But the Malvoren can use cyborg armor. Seems kinda pointless (like an SDC) juicer) to only war MDC armor main body when a grenade will kill you easily by vaporizing your SDC head and limbs that are unprotected.

So for people playing a Malvoren if you want the full body covered are you grabbing parts from various armors as you come across them, a helmet here, or is there a full set of armor you prefer? Environmental seems ideal but if the Malvoren takes a cybernetic lung it may be less crucial.

my take on it is that cyborg armor has location MDC just like normal body armor does, its just that they published it using the old style stats where they only listed the main body mdc rather than the location mdc.
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

guardiandashi wrote:
LostOne wrote:Is cyborg armor main body only? I'm only finding main body MDC listed. But the Malvoren can use cyborg armor. Seems kinda pointless (like an SDC) juicer) to only war MDC armor main body when a grenade will kill you easily by vaporizing your SDC head and limbs that are unprotected.

my take on it is that cyborg armor has location MDC just like normal body armor does, its just that they published it using the old style stats where they only listed the main body mdc rather than the location mdc.

Actually I'm not sure if that is "just the main body" under the old rules, I thought under the old rules it covered the torso and the limbs together.
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Unread post by eliakon »

ShadowLogan wrote:
guardiandashi wrote:

Actually I'm not sure if that is "just the main body" under the old rules, I thought under the old rules it covered the torso and the limbs together.

yes it did cover them.
But they used to simply give MDC values for the main body and call it a day. Just like how for some cinematic reason body armor works even if it is not sealed, or have helmets, or is a skimpy leotard or whatever... Its not as if Rifts is a detailed high realism combat simulator.
This is not "Saving Private Ryan" this is "Shanghai Noon" or "James Bond" or "Kill Bill"
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Return to “Rifts®”