Bionic armor weight

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

VR Dragon
Dungeon Crawler

Bionic armor weight

Unread post by VR Dragon »

I was looking through the RUE book and specifically the bionic armors and could not find a reference to how much each armor weighted.

I am working on a hulking robot war horse and wanted to know how much extra weight a barding version might weight.

I am using the HI-B3 Heavy infantry armor with 420 mdc as a reference. The robot horse is based on a very heavy 22 hand draft horse robot frame with a full 6 reinforcements. So the bot as is weights 2000lbs.
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Re: Bionic armor weight

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

World Book 17 Warlords of Russia lists 135kg (heavy), 90.91kg (med), 45kg (light).
WB11 has the CA-6C at 27kg
WB22 has the Dive Borg Armor at 65kg (Triax2 or Underseas might also have another example).

Other than the above, overall though I don't think it actually gets addressed, its like the weight/mass of a 'borg that doesn't use the standard frames. You could extrapolate out based on the above (if we assume #MDC/kg using the few 'borg armors with weight/mass figures as a guide).
VR Dragon
Dungeon Crawler

Re: Bionic armor weight

Unread post by VR Dragon »

I have calculated that a set of the HI-B3 armor for a robot horse would be around 138 lbs base for 420 mdc. I used the horse barding in new west with 90mdc/30lbs ratio. Seems to make some sense.

Return to “Rifts®”