Are there Aliens or Extra-solar Colonies in Rifts

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

plotulus
D-Bee

Are there Aliens or Extra-solar Colonies in Rifts

Unread post by plotulus »

Or even Colonies on Mars, Venus or any other planet or moon in The Sol system? I am asking also if they still exist or were wiped out during The Great Cataclysm. Also by Aliens, I mean Outer space aliens, not D-Bees.
Shark_Force
Palladin

Re: Are there Aliens or Extra-solar Colonies in Rifts

Unread post by Shark_Force »

plotulus wrote:Or even Colonies on Mars, Venus or any other planet or moon in The Sol system? I am asking also if they still exist or were wiped out during The Great Cataclysm. Also by Aliens, I mean Outer space aliens, not D-Bees.

depends. the aliens (arkhons i think) that are in south america are also on mars. they are undoubtedly considered aliens by the people in space, and undoubtedly considered d-bees (or whatever the south american slang equivalent is) by the people in south america :)

can't think of any good examples that definitely arrived via space travel as opposed to rifts, but given there's nothing stopping a rift from being between one point in a universe to another point in the exact same universe, it is entirely possible that almost any given "d-bee" is, in fact, actually an "Outer space alien".
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

plotulus wrote:Or even Colonies on Mars, Venus or any other planet or moon in The Sol system? I am asking also if they still exist or were wiped out during The Great Cataclysm. Also by Aliens, I mean Outer space aliens, not D-Bees.

As mentioned the Arkhons have established themselves on Mars.

Earth based space habitats existed before the Great Cataclysm, and still do in the current Rifts-Earth period. There are 4 major independent space habitat/stations, plus a 5th on the Moon. There used to be an outpost on Mars, but due to a "mad scientist" Mars has been over run by giant mutant insects. One of the Martian Moons has an outpost, along with the Asteroid Belt. There is wreckage from an incomplete/destroyed space station in Earth orbit, and IIRC there are numerous "smaller" independent outposts.

You can get more details in the After the Bomb/Rifts dual Source Book: Mutants in Orbit. IIRC they also have the possibility of aliens, but I don't think they went into much detail..
Blue_Lion
Knight

Unread post by Blue_Lion »

Yes.
There are lots of extra dimensional aliens as well as a race in SA called aliens that are by canon able to fly in space and have a space colonies. Mutants in orbit is rifts space and has colonies on mars if I recall.
The Clones are coming you shall all be replaced, but who is to say you have not been replaced already.

Master of Type-O and the obvios.

Soon my army oc clones and winged-monkies will rule the world but first, must .......

I may debate canon and RAW, but the games I run are highly house ruled. So I am not debating for how I play but about how the system works as written.
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

there are no human colonies outside our own solar system by canon. and inside our solar system, there are only a few. a small one on Mars that got abandoned due to the mutant bugs, and then overrun by the Arkhon. The moon, one of the larger groups. and a few tiny ones on various asteroids. tis does not include the space stations around earth, which have grown big enough to count as colonies, in general.\

as far as non-human races go.. well there are a lot of them that have come via rifts, and thus are probably just interdimensional, although there is the possiblity some of these might have originated from a world in our own universe, or at least might have counterparts in our own universe. the only ones that did not appear from a rift or similar source are the Arkhon's, which showed up in a big fleet of starships. though the Arkhon at earth are basically a renegade group, not an official invasion force.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
boxee
Hero

Unread post by boxee »

LOL there are human colonies all over the megaverse. Just start looking around, pantheons of the megaverse has a bunch. Phase world has a bunch. Many of the rifts connect to worlds dominated by human or have large amounts of human slaves/food.
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

there is a difference between "Human Dbee's that happen to live on another world" and "colonies of (rifts/goldenage) earth"
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
jaymz
Palladin
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)

Unread post by jaymz »

As everyone else has pointed out...Mutants in Orbot, Rifts South America 2 (to a degree) will explain Rifts Space well enough and there was a Rifter Article that added a bit more as well.

I had at one point compiled and amalgamated everything of those sources into a document and had added to it to make a Rifts: Space Sourcebook but alas a computer crash lost every thing....was about MAYBE a few days of work left to finish it too.
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

Expanded the orbital stations, defined their fleets, etc.
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
boxee
Hero

Unread post by boxee »

glitterboy2098 wrote:there is a difference between "Human Dbee's that happen to live on another world" and "colonies of (rifts/goldenage) earth"

There is, yes, but it was not specified in the question.
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

Actually it is kind of inferred within the originating question.....

\m/
boxee
Hero

Unread post by boxee »

jaymz wrote:Actually it is kind of inferred within the originating question.....

That might be one way of looking at it, but I was thinking about people leaving earth to live elsewhere and colonizing. I was not thinking it was linked to any one era of history. Maybe your right.
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

Well he did ask extra-solar not extra dimensional :lol:

\m/
Mlp7029
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Mlp7029 »

There are also aliens in the Megaversal Legion based in South America. Lots of aliens from other dimensions that have colonies on Earth.
Hotrod
Knight

Unread post by Hotrod »

It's hard to say. It may be that humans and True Atlanteans colonized worlds in their own universe without even realizing that they had rifted to their own universe. To a non-spacefaring, but dimension-hopping people, there would be no practical difference. It may be that Rifts Earth, the Palladium Fantasy world, and Wormwood are all in the same universe, or even the same galaxy.
Hotrod
Author, Rifter Contributor, and Map Artist
Duty's Edge, a Rifts novel. Available as an ebook, PDF,or printed book.
Check out my maps here!
Also, check out my Instant NPC Generators!
Like what you see? There's more on my Patreon Page.

Return to “Rifts®”