Temporal Magic Question

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

HarleeKnight
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: For the White Rose!!!

Temporal Magic Question

Unread post by HarleeKnight »

The spell, Time Warp: Space & Time, says you can warp to a different location but it doesn't explain any further on this. So would you treat that aspect of the spell like Dimensional Teleport or Teleport: Superior?
There are two kinds of people in this world... 1: Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data
dragonfett
Knight

Re: Temporal Magic Question

Unread post by dragonfett »

I would say it's more like Teleport: Superior myself.
Under the Pain of Death
I would Stand Alone
Against an Army of Darkness
And Horrors Unknown
Mack
Supreme Being
Comment: This space for rent.

Unread post by Mack »

Teleport: Superior. While the idea of warping space leaves a lot of room for interpretation, I don't see anything in the description to indicate it can be used to change dimensions.
Some gave all.
Love your neighbor.
Know the facts. Know your opinion. Know the difference.
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

I would go with Teleport: Superior since it is supposed to be related to one of the time warp spells (specifically called out) and that one is limited to non-dimensional travel.

It can be further supported by the amount of PPE expended (800) which is on par with Dimensional Teleport (800) without the time warp function (70). This leads me to think that it is Teleport Superior (600), since if it was a superior form of DT, one would think the PPE cost would be greater than DT looking at a few other upgrade versions of spells (teleport or invisibility simple vs superior for example) or spells which come in weaker/powerful forms (permanent vs temporary duration).
Axelmania
Knight

Unread post by Axelmania »

Book of Magic 243-251 is a nice re-arrangement of England 74-83 since it's now arranged by spell level instead of alphabetical. TWSAT is found at the end in either case.

Given that Dimensional Teleport has only a 6%/level chance of working and costs the same 800 PPE (as SL points out) it wouldn't make sense to also have this capacity, as that would really make DT less competitive. All it would have going for it is a 1500 pound weight limit instead of 1000. It doesn't mention needing to touch them but that's a pretty fair assumption.

Lacking rules, I agree that using Teleport Superior as a guideline is the best option.

Return to “Rifts®”