OK I know i ask before but is this right?

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

ZINO
Knight
Comment: NEVER QUIT..... I got lucky

OK I know i ask before but is this right?

Unread post by ZINO »

Book rift world book 36
New Moscow
Storm Cannons
mention only (no stats)?
first question ,where are the stats in this book?
page 32
By design, the city is an expansion of the Sovietski garrison that survived the Long Winter. A place that is meant to be
both a place to live and a place to hole up and defend against any invader. Paved access streets are very wide to accommodate
tanks, armored vehicles and columns of heavy cyborgs and troops to pass. Where these streets meet are large roundabouts
with circular fortifications in the center. Fortifications that can house dozens or hundreds of troops depending on its strategic
importance within the city. Eight of the largest of these fortress bunkers contain lift platforms for Storm Cannons these cannon are big as a house we talking here 20 plus feet central to the city and the nation 's defense. It was the use of Storm Cannons in its early days to absolutely devastate invaders, dragons, demons and monsters that enabled the First City of New Moscow to survive and grow to become the center of the Sovietski nation. The fortresses that house Storm Cannons tower over the homes and businesses around them, but they are very welcomed, giving the city's residents a sense of protection and heritage. Each mighty weapon a reminder of the power held by the Sovietski alone. The\ cannons are carefully maintained, well protected, and function at full capacity even after all these centuries.

so my second question
is the Storm Cannons the same in Thunderstorm ,Heavy Artillery Cyborg? Found rift in world book 17 warlord of Russia the same Storm Cannons

is this right?
let your YES be YES and your NO be NO but plz no maybe
kaid
Knight

Re: OK I know i ask before but is this right?

Unread post by kaid »

ZINO wrote:Book rift world book 36
New Moscow
Storm Cannons
mention only (no stats)?
page 32
By design, the city is an expansion of the Sovietski garrison that survived the Long Winter. A place that is meant to be
both a place to live and a place to hole up and defend against any invader. Paved access streets are very wide to accommodate
tanks, armored vehicles and columns of heavy cyborgs and troops to pass. Where these streets meet are large roundabouts
with circular fortifications in the center. Fortifications that can house dozens or hundreds of troops depending on its strategic
importance within the city. Eight of the largest of these fortress bunkers contain lift platforms for Storm Cannons these cannon are big as a house we talking here 20 plus feet central to the city and the nation 's defense. It was the use of Storm Cannons in its early days to absolutely devastate invaders, dragons, demons and monsters that enabled the First City of New Moscow to survive and grow to become the center of the Sovietski nation. The fortresses that house Storm Cannons tower over the homes and businesses around them, but they are very welcomed, giving the city's residents a sense of protection and heritage. Each mighty weapon a reminder of the power held by the Sovietski alone. The\ cannons are carefully maintained, well protected, and function at full capacity even after all these centuries.

so my second question
is the Storm Cannons the same in Thunderstorm ,Heavy Artillery Cyborg? Found rift in world book 17 warlord of Russia the same Storm Cannons

is this right?

Yes. If you look those borgs are huge they if you took out the fleshy bits would be considered robot vehicles anywhere else and even as huge and strong as they are they get nearly doubled over by the weight of the guns when they are mounted and have to walk like a gorilla. Also note that a lot of the city gun emplacements would be heavily fortified which and the armored housing would bulk up the stationary emplacements.
ZINO
Knight

Unread post by ZINO »

ok the last this this not a rail gun but MDC ballistic,so is this round a 200 MM round?
shadrak
Champion

Unread post by shadrak »

ZINO wrote:Book rift world book 36
New Moscow
Storm Cannons
mention only (no stats)?
page 32

so my second question

is this right?

WB 36 is out now? Or do you have that advanced copy?
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

It has been out for a few months now. They did not reprint the storm cannon stats again although they mention them in city defense quite often. But they are stated out in both warlords of russia and mystic russia so I am guessing they figured they had that covered. As for how they work it describes the shots effect as looking like a thunderstorm. It is some kind of rail gun launched projectile but there seems to be something else going on as well.
shadrak
Champion

Unread post by shadrak »

kaid wrote:It has been out for a few months now. They did not reprint the storm cannon stats again although they mention them in city defense quite often. But they are stated out in both warlords of russia and mystic russia so I am guessing they figured they had that covered. As for how they work it describes the shots effect as looking like a thunderstorm. It is some kind of rail gun launched projectile but there seems to be something else going on as well.

Thanks! I hadn't seen it at the gamestore...I will have to ask about it...

I have to admit, I don't do a lot in Rifts with the Russian stuff other than how it relates to Poland and the Baltics.
ZINO
Knight

Unread post by ZINO »

kaid wrote:It has been out for a few months now. They did not reprint the storm cannon stats again although they mention them in city defense quite often. But they are stated out in both warlords of russia and mystic russia so I am guessing they figured they had that covered. As for how they work it describes the shots effect as looking like a thunderstorm. It is some kind of rail gun launched projectile but there seems to be something else going on as well.

idk for such powerful weapon 2d4x10 MD ,
i thought it was Ballistic MD similar to 120 MM (1d6x10MD )or even 200 MM Cannon(2d6x10MD ,
but a rail IMHO should do a little more Damage i could be wrong which I AM
thank you
PS
guy for info and yes i have the book 36
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

ZINO wrote:

idk for such powerful weapon 2d4x10 MD ,
i thought it was Ballistic MD similar to 120 MM (1d6x10MD )or even 200 MM Cannon(2d6x10MD ,
but a rail IMHO should do a little more Damage i could be wrong which I AM
thank you
PS
guy for info and yes i have the book 36

Also note that the storm cannons are mounted in pairs typically you are going to be double firing these especially when in fixed emplacements with larger ammo magazines. So you are doing more average damage than boom guns while slightly less on the top end damage. The tech was developed from space launching rail gun designs so it is a rail gun type system although the actual round seems to also mount an explosive. Given most warlords and sovietski weapons don't do more than 1d6x10 damage other than missiles weapons that do 4d4x10 over longer than mini missile range would be pretty effective city defense weapons. Also storm cannons have integrated mini missile launchers on the cannon system as well.
ZINO
Knight

Unread post by ZINO »

right on kaid

Return to “Rifts®”