Zembahk and lemurian bio armor?

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

VR Dragon
Dungeon Crawler

Zembahk and lemurian bio armor?

Unread post by VR Dragon »

A question...

Could a Zembahk worm alien be able to bond with a lemurian suit of bio armor? Ie could it pilot and operate said armor?
kaid
Knight

Re: Zembahk and lemurian bio armor?

Unread post by kaid »

I don’t see why not. It talks about the armor adjusting to the shape of the wearer.
Curbludgeon
Hero
Comment: They/Them

Unread post by Curbludgeon »

The Atlantis write up says the average Zembahk never wears mega-damage body armor, which is less of a problem than how likely they would be to conflate biowizardry with biomancy. Assuming one is convinced it's cool and all, there's a problem of size. Bio-Armors can retract to only cover 25% of a person, but most of them weigh more than 20X than the Zembahk.

I'd say if you limit it to Wave Strider(which only weighs 2-3 times more than the Zembahk) it's no big deal. Kelp Armor or Bio-Barding(with a fairy-sized saddle) wouldn't be a major stretch. I'd consider lowering the mdc 25-50% to make up for the size difference. Bio-skins would be fine, and I think an Octo-Arm, Fin Pack, and Sea Eye could help to make up the bulk difference.
VR Dragon
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by VR Dragon »

Whats wrong with a core where the worm is and a big hulking body around it. A good symbiosis concept. The armor gives the worm a humanoid form and the worm augments the armor.

Just say the unit can't retract fully ?
Curbludgeon
Hero
Comment: They/Them

Unread post by Curbludgeon »

Oh, I totally wouldn't give them a humanoid form with the armor. There are enough references of the suit conforming to the body underneath that I'd say a zembahk in bio armor doesn't get limbs. That's why I think the Octo Arm and Kelp armor are about as fancy as it should get, since both offer manipulators.

I could see a Crustacean bio-armor variant where the armored zembahk looks like a small Mulvolva Metzla. Maybe that could be some sort of spin on a Lemurian stone ship, particularly if the Symbiote Conduit is decided to be a bit of a cousin to the zembahk.
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Unread post by eliakon »

Curbludgeon wrote:<snip>
particularly if the Symbiote Conduit is decided to be a bit of a cousin to the zembahk.

Or secretly kidnaped and genetically modified Zembahk...
It would fit well since the Lemurians as written are far more like the Splugorth than the Jungle Elves
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Return to “Rifts®”