Need Help with villain backstory....

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

slade the sniper
Hero

Need Help with villain backstory....

Unread post by slade the sniper »

Hi all...in my Rifts Fae campaign (kinda detailed in the Today I... thread) I need help with a villain backstory:
Said villain is a full conversion Beholder who is invited to the Masquerade Ball of the Fae. Anyway, no stats needed, just a story.

-STS
My skin is not a sin - Carlos Wallace
A man's rights rest in three boxes. The ballot box, jury box and the cartridge box - Frederick Douglass
I am a firm believer that men with guns can solve any problem - Inscriptus
Any system in which the most populated areas have the most political power, creates an incentive for areas that want power to increase their population - Killer Cyborg
BookWyrm
Champion
Comment: Mondos non cogitarus, Consilium!

Re: Need Help with villain backstory....

Unread post by BookWyrm »

Door-person: "So....you're Mister....Irving Stawlx?"
Disguised beholder: "Yes, I am. I have my invitation, right here. I should be on the list." (invitation floats forward)
Door-person: (takes invite, checks list) "Yes, sir, you're on the list. That's a rather....unique costume, if I do say so myself."
Disguised Beolder: "Thank you. I originally wanted Ogre Warlord, but my costumer ran out of sculpting foam. The fellow is a miracle worker."
"Yes, I know I'm going to hell; I'm bringing marshmallows."
BookWyrm aka The Horn'd One
Str-8 male Dom/Top;
Honourable but not gullible;
a Hero of the Megaverse. :D
slade the sniper
Hero

Hmmmm, that could work...basically the beholder took/stole/found an invitation.

OK, next question, why would said cyborg beholder want to go to the Masquerade Ball of the Fae with the stolen invitation (note, this is all/many the Fae nobility from all the Courts: Seelie and Unseelie and Orphan...Summer, Spring, Fall, Winter, River, Dawn, Dusk, Etc.)?

I was originally going to have a Splugorth, but that was too OP, then figured a slave barge would be sweet, but the PC's + blind warrior women = four hours of cringe...so, full conversion beholder (as you can see, tentacles and cybernetics are sort of what I am going for...) If anyone has a different idea than full conversion beholder, I am willing to hear it.

The point of this villain is to be a long term, NON-Fae villain in the campaign but has the political/magical ability to travel and follow them almost anywhere and be embroiled in the upcoming Fae civil war.

-STS
A man's rights rest in three boxes. The ballot box, jury box and the cartridge box - Frederick Douglass
Any system in which the most populated areas have the most political power, creates an incentive for areas that want power to increase their population - Killer Cyborg
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

slade the sniper wrote:Hmmmm, that could work...basically the beholder took/stole/found an invitation.

OK, next question, why would said cyborg beholder want to go to the Masquerade Ball of the Fae with the stolen invitation (note, this is all/many the Fae nobility from all the Courts: Seelie and Unseelie and Orphan...Summer, Spring, Fall, Winter, River, Dawn, Dusk, Etc.)?-STS

Has heard that the Ball's where all the power players are going to be, and being a wannabe powerplayer new to the region of the megaverse itself, the Beholder wants to check out who's who and what's going down firsthand, not scrape third or fourth-hand info from gossipy fringe hangers-on several levels of importance removed from the action. Because you can take the magic out of the Beholder, but not the schemer and manipulator.
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
slade the sniper
Hero

I think I'll build the villain as a nightbreed so it can have two different forms...one for social interactions and one for combat...Can a Nightbreed start off as Elf, or do they all have to be "human" to start off with?

Hmmm, maybe that is why Fae are so strange, and why humans kidnapped by the Fae are called Changelings? The Fae look for and capture the Nightbreed before their change, and then let them go afterward. Perhaps the Nightbreed were an experiment by the Fae that was "successful" but exceedingly rare?

That (finally) answers the question (for me) of where Nightbreed came from (the Fae), why humans kidnapped by the Fae are called Changelings, and ties in OWOD, NWOD and the Megaverse even more.

And, now I have the seed of what my villain is.

-STS
slade the sniper
Hero

The demure human noble smiles as her hands rise to intertwine her fingers into her long hair. The spark of intelligence is replaced by a blaze of hatred as her eyes bulge and begin to bleed. Her hands grip two fists of hair as she pulls apart her head, the skin ripping across her scalp and face with a sound like a wet zipper. The bloody skull begins to rise, the spine and offal ripping free of the fleshy moorings of the rest of its body...the wet laugh of the creature accompanied by the loud crack of it's jawbone distending and growing, the humanoid teeth falling out of the mouth, pushed out of their sockets and replaced by rows of serrated shark-like teeth as the eyes pop out as eye stalks grow outward. Fifteen seconds later the human woman is replaced by a gutted sack of flesh and muscle laying empty on the ground, discarded teeth strewn about and a floating cackling skull, shark mawed and monstrously large, a dark black mist swirling around it as the lungs and intestines writhe below it like tentacles, the spine now oddly metallic as it swishes through the air menacingly.

What is the Horror Factor of that??

-STS

Return to “Rifts®”