Q&A thread for things not worth their own thread.

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Colonel_Tetsuya
Champion

Re: Q&A thread for things not worth their own thread.

Unread post by Colonel_Tetsuya »

New West has great OCCs, equipment and lots of story bits. It's a pretty solid book.

Vampires (of either stripe) is sorta.. bleh. Ive never found the vampire threat to be really compelling. The Vampire Kingdoms make even less sense than a lot of the rest of the setting, which is saying something, TBH.

Canada is.. lackluster? Only because it has a lot of vanilla detail in it but not a lot in the way of adventure. Its not a terrible book by any means, its just sorta... "hey, here's stuff... out in the middle of nowhere mostly.... and lots of stuff about the area around FQ". So, if you're going to be near FQ, its got a decent amount of info there.

FQ is a book that has a lot of cool stuff in it... if you intend to run that part of the CS War Campaign. Otherwise... almost none of that stuff will be relevant or even released to the public/available. Lots of cool new GBs, though, FQ-specific equipment (their version of the CS Body Armor, their home-grown weapons) but most of that isnt "released" until they break from the CS near the start of the Siege.

Lone Star is half-useful. A ton of the info would only be useful, IMO, if you were playing CS insiders trying to deal with Doctor Bradford's insanity. But the fleshed out Dog Boy writeups are cool (for runaways too) and it has a lot of information on the Pecos Empire. But if your guys aren't going to get down that far south, you wouldnt use most of it.

Japan i cant see being useful at all. Its all pretty much Japan-specific. And none of that stuff gets to the NA region without GM fiat.

If you only had to get one or two, my top picks are New West and either FQ (if you want to get your PCs embroiled in the War Campaign there when FQ withdraws from the CS) or Canada (if you want them to be able to explore the areas around FQ that are "free" and want that info.

Otherwise.. you might honestly be better off with Dino Swamp/Adventures in Dino Swamp as that covers a lot of the eastern seaboard, or even Aftermath (though it is set in 110 PA, it has a lot of stuff about the eastern seaboard area that you can extrapolate backwards - like having your PCs get involved in maybe slowing down or stopping the Splugorth mini-cities in Newfoundland, etc) or even the CS Navy book, which actually has a lot o information about the various free kingdoms along the Saint Lawrence Seaway, and info about the Great Lakes.
Im loving the Foes list; it's the only thing keeping me from tearing out my eyes from the dumb.

Return to “Rifts®”