[Black Market Source Book] Questions

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Dunia
Adventurer

[Black Market Source Book] Questions

Unread post by Dunia »

Just some things that makes me curious:

Special Abilities:
1 - How did the author(s) think about gaining more BM special abilities. You can trade 2 O.C.C. Related skills for 1 Ability, but most of the professions only get 1 O.C.C Related skill at various levels above first, so can I "hoard" unused O.C.C. Related skills and not pick them, and next time in 3 or 4 levels when i get a new one trade in both for an ability?

2 - Home Turf Advantage - is the additional +Perception added to that of the O.C.Cs so if you play a DogBoy you can almost reach +10 perception on home turf?

Special Abilities:
3 - Information Broker: Do these guys get +1 or +3 Perception. The O.C:C. says both things.

4 - Rift Runner: Do these guys get any O.C.C. Related physical skills what so ever?

Aside from these questions, and the lacking Experience Table for the O.C.C's I found that this book was wonderful. maybe not the best cover, but the interior art was so awesome the text was interesting, the equipment and O.C.C's were fantastically thought out, and will probably be great fun to play. I am not a fan of reprinted material (travelling shows) but all in all I give this book a small 8.5/10. More books like this and i will start purchasing more books. I bought this book for my sister, but after looking through it after shehad, i decided to buy t just for the sake of owning it.
Blue_Lion
Knight

Re: [Black Market Source Book] Questions

Unread post by Blue_Lion »

Dunia wrote:Just some things that makes me curious:

Special Abilities:
1 - How did the author(s) think about gaining more BM special abilities. You can trade 2 O.C.C. Related skills for 1 Ability, but most of the professions only get 1 O.C.C Related skill at various levels above first, so can I "hoard" unused O.C.C. Related skills and not pick them, and next time in 3 or 4 levels when i get a new one trade in both for an ability?

2 - Home Turf Advantage - is the additional +Perception added to that of the O.C.Cs so if you play a DogBoy you can almost reach +10 perception on home turf?

Special Abilities:
3 - Information Broker: Do these guys get +1 or +3 Perception. The O.C:C. says both things.

4 - Rift Runner: Do these guys get any O.C.C. Related physical skills what so ever?

Aside from these questions, and the lacking Experience Table for the O.C.C's I found that this book was wonderful. maybe not the best cover, but the interior art was so awesome the text was interesting, the equipment and O.C.C's were fantastically thought out, and will probably be great fun to play. I am not a fan of reprinted material (travelling shows) but all in all I give this book a small 8.5/10. More books like this and i will start purchasing more books. I bought this book for my sister, but after looking through it after shehad, i decided to buy t just for the sake of owning it.

1 some classes do get 2 at set levels in general I think it was intended as a way for non-BM charters to get the abilities at creation. A GM could allow you to devote skills across split level to it and not have it take affect until 2 skills have been set as a reasonable option for a house rule.

2 yes.

3. Last one listed would win.(you could rule that they get both. It really looks like a editing error and the +1 may be what was intended but that is a guess.)

4. Unlisted so depends on how you want to call it. If you think the book has to tell you they can then it would be none, if instead the book has to say they do not get it then they would most likely would.( General rule of thumb for OCC related skills if I recall was unlisted unavailable, but that i think is a house rule from when I first started to play.)
The Clones are coming you shall all be replaced, but who is to say you have not been replaced already.

Master of Type-O and the obvios.

Soon my army oc clones and winged-monkies will rule the world but first, must .......

I may debate canon and RAW, but the games I run are highly house ruled. So I am not debating for how I play but about how the system works as written.
kapnkirk64
Newb

Unread post by kapnkirk64 »

Any idea where we might find the XP tables for the new OCCs?
elecgraystone
Adventurer

Unread post by elecgraystone »

I was looking at the Con Man OCC and under OCC bonuses it has "+ 1D4+2 + 1 to save vs psionic and magical mind control and illusions,". Anyone know what the +1d4+2 was to as it seems like the type of bonus got lost before the +1 to saves.
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

kapnkirk64 wrote:Any idea where we might find the XP tables for the new OCCs?
There was a hiccup and they did not get included in the book. You can go to drive thru rpg and download the preview for rifter 62 and they are printed there I believe.

Return to “Rifts®”