CS propaganda

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Nightmartree
Adventurer
Comment: I don't know what i'm doing, that's for realities GM to figure out

CS propaganda

Unread post by Nightmartree »

Lets write our own!

"Killing a D-Bee a day, keeps the alien intelligences away!"

"Only you can prevent burster fires"

I'm just curious about what kind of propoganda or spun news stories you guys can come up with. The CS may be "Bad Guys" to us on the forums but in world to humans they are hope and part of that comes from their propoganda and external pressures. So your a CS supporter trying to inspire the masses (Or cause targeted fear and rage) what do you tell the people? (And any CS player characters who don't know the "Truth" yet)

"Recent studies indicate that people who grew up near a psychic have a 200% increased chance to be criminals, traitors and D-Bee sympathizers. Please report any suspicious activity to your local military forces immediately to reduce the chances of mental tampering by insidious psychics and their allies"
Blue_Lion
Knight

Re: CS propaganda

Unread post by Blue_Lion »

Serve and be elevated up a level.

(Cusin Sam pointing.)
I want you to keep humanity safe.

Beware of D-bee STDs; Stay healthy stay pure human.

New studies prove all magic comes from demonic alien intelligence bent on enslaving humanity, do not be a tool of evil. Report all magic.

New Intel proves CS number one public enemy worked with demons to have hypnotic messages hidden in her book to enslave the minds of those that read it to further the evil inhuman conquest of earth.
The Clones are coming you shall all be replaced, but who is to say you have not been replaced already.

Master of Type-O and the obvios.

Soon my army oc clones and winged-monkies will rule the world but first, must .......

I may debate canon and RAW, but the games I run are highly house ruled. So I am not debating for how I play but about how the system works as written.
Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

Some excerpts from CS: Civil Society

CS Media

Common TV Programs
-Children's shows: Puppets, cartoons, live action, a lot similar to lessons in school. Dramatizations of history. Evils of Magic and aliens, and the coolness of Dead Boys; think GI Joe: The Movie: inhuman creatures trying to make humans into monsters. Human dupes are helping them to gain personal power. Brave human soldiers stop them with teamwork and explosions.

-Crime Dramas; think Law and Order, but half the uniformed cops are psi-stalkers or psi-hounds. Most criminals are magicians, unregistered psychics, D-bees in disguise, or rogue scientists. Dog Boys and psi-stalkers gone bad are occasionally featured.

-Army Dramas: long recruiting videos, essentially. Very popular, but many Drill Instructors will mock recruits for them "You think you're in a studio up on level three? You're real 'Dead Boy' now, and that stand and fire crap only happens on TV, Puke!"

-News: Local stations produce own under orders from Minitru, plus distribute CS News

-Instructional: Demon and Monster ID, signs of traitors, farming techniques, CS History, recognizing psychic offspring (which has gotten less hysterical, more informative over the years), practical repair. These shows are common in the provinces.

-Frontier shows: mix of contemporary drama and historical propaganda. Not as popular in the provinces; more of an indulgence for people who live in the cities.

CS Radio
Most areas have 3-5 radio stations; one is always news and weather. Other popular genres are folk/country, electronic/dance, classical, and pop music.
-Hard rock, metal, and rap get no airplay on official stations, but the music is not officially banned by genre; some indie stations will carry it, usually in "Headbanger's Ball"-style blocs of programming. Music still must meet Minitru guidelines.

CS Movies
CS produces ~50 feature movies a year; average about 1 per week.
-Produced by private companies, though the government is frequently a large investor
-All movies comply with Minitru propaganda guidelines, though some may be less overt.
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
Axelmania
Knight

Unread post by Axelmania »

"warlock fires", Bursters are a valued member of Psi-Bat
Blue_Lion
Knight

Unread post by Blue_Lion »

Report an unregistered psi and win 2000 cr.
The Clones are coming you shall all be replaced, but who is to say you have not been replaced already.

Master of Type-O and the obvios.

Soon my army oc clones and winged-monkies will rule the world but first, must .......

I may debate canon and RAW, but the games I run are highly house ruled. So I am not debating for how I play but about how the system works as written.
Mlp7029
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Mlp7029 »

Service guarantees citizenship.
Axelmania
Knight

Unread post by Axelmania »

Return to “Rifts®”