TW Wing Pack from Splynn Dimensional Market

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

LostOne
Champion

TW Wing Pack from Splynn Dimensional Market

Unread post by LostOne »

Question about this item on p181. It says it is a TW item but is missing the typical spells and materials required to make it. It gives a speed and duration but fails to mention maximum altitude. Anyone have a guess? The speed is faster than any flight spell I can recall (Fly and Fly as the Eagle) so it doesn't appear to be based on those. I didn't see errata for Splynn when I looked but maybe I was looking in the wrong place and there's always a chance this item may have been printed in another book as well.
"But you can't make an omelet without ruthlessly crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning to others." -Order of the Stick #760
Blue_Lion
Knight

Re: TW Wing Pack from Splynn Dimensional Market

Unread post by Blue_Lion »

That typical of allot of TW. Basically it is a special TW item that the creation of is not known. What are the spells needed to make stormspire weapons?-not listed.
TW items with the spells listed to make them are intended to be general items that any TW can make, ones without guidelines are special maker specific.
The Clones are coming you shall all be replaced, but who is to say you have not been replaced already.

Master of Type-O and the obvios.

Soon my army oc clones and winged-monkies will rule the world but first, must .......

I may debate canon and RAW, but the games I run are highly house ruled. So I am not debating for how I play but about how the system works as written.
LostOne
Champion

Unread post by LostOne »

And honestly that's fine. I mostly just want opinions on max altitude. If I had the spells used to make it I could extrapolate there but since I don't see any fly spells that match the speed it's less straightfoward.
"But you can't make an omelet without ruthlessly crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning to others." -Order of the Stick #760
Blue_Lion
Knight

Unread post by Blue_Lion »

LostOne wrote:And honestly that's fine. I mostly just want opinions on max altitude. If I had the spells used to make it I could extrapolate there but since I don't see any fly spells that match the speed it's less straightfoward.

Treat it as a jet pack.(they have a general max altitude.)
TW does not need to match just what spells can do.
The Clones are coming you shall all be replaced, but who is to say you have not been replaced already.

Master of Type-O and the obvios.

Soon my army oc clones and winged-monkies will rule the world but first, must .......

I may debate canon and RAW, but the games I run are highly house ruled. So I am not debating for how I play but about how the system works as written.

Return to “Rifts®”