What does the inside of a Death's Head look like

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Blue_Lion
Knight

Re: What does the inside of a Death's Head look like

Unread post by Blue_Lion »

Zer0 Kay wrote:
Blue_Lion wrote:
Zer0 Kay wrote:
dreicunan wrote:I suggest that they use T-rats: the pouches are bigger on the inside.

I hear they even use a sun as a heater.

T-rats where the B rats of the 90s.

But weren't invented till the 2060's :)

T-rats are a real thing. They exist now. They do not do what people where joking about but they are real. It is what the B-rats in the 90s where called.
The Clones are coming you shall all be replaced, but who is to say you have not been replaced already.

Master of Type-O and the obvios.

Soon my army oc clones and winged-monkies will rule the world but first, must .......

I may debate canon and RAW, but the games I run are highly house ruled. So I am not debating for how I play but about how the system works as written.
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Zer0 Kay »

Blue_Lion wrote:
Zer0 Kay wrote:
Blue_Lion wrote:
Zer0 Kay wrote:
dreicunan wrote:I suggest that they use T-rats: the pouches are bigger on the inside.

I hear they even use a sun as a heater.

T-rats where the B rats of the 90s.

But weren't invented till the 2060's :)

T-rats are a real thing. They exist now. They do not do what people where joking about but they are real. It is what the B-rats in the 90s where called.

Could have sworn the E-rats became the B rats. From what I read T-rat was a description meaning tray based rather than a designated like UGR-B

They may have existed in the past but technically they do not exist unless some sicko is hoarding some. Current inventory includes these.
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid
Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech
Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus
The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
Blue_Lion
Knight

Zer0 Kay wrote:
Could have sworn the E-rats became the B rats. From what I read T-rat was a description meaning tray based rather than a designated like UGR-B

They may have existed in the past but technically they do not exist unless some sicko is hoarding some. Current inventory includes these.

Believe it or not old field rations are still around i saw some one selling wwII c rats on ebay the other day. In addition there are some that made it into military museum collections.

look here is a post from this year discussing a sale of them at a store.
http://www.mreinfo.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1636
The Clones are coming you shall all be replaced, but who is to say you have not been replaced already.

Soon my army oc clones and winged-monkies will rule the world but first, must .......

I may debate canon and RAW, but the games I run are highly house ruled. So I am not debating for how I play but about how the system works as written.
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Blue_Lion wrote:
Zer0 Kay wrote:

Believe it or not old field rations are still around i saw some one selling wwII c rats on ebay the other day. In addition there are some that made it into military museum collections.

Eww gross, hopefully collectors of disgusting foods and not ancient ration connoisseurs
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

bit of both actually. they rarely actually eat anything that old (though taste testing relatively fresh MRE's from around the world is a popular subject) but just opening them and showing off the contents is popular.
youtube is full of reviews of both sorts.. but one good site to visit is here: http://www.mreinfo.com/
has a forum with lots of reviews and discussion, and articles about some of the more common MRE options from around the world.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Blue_Lion wrote:
The Beast wrote:
Pepsi Jedi wrote:Yeah. I always assumed something like a C5 too. With a command deck for the flight crew and gunners.

Most of the space given over for the APCs etc with the troop seating along the sides in flip down net seats or something.

IIRC, the C17s I flew in had the seats bolted onto racks that went in the center where the cargo would normally be during cargo flights. The C5s I've been in had passenger spaces up above the cargo area. I don't remember seeing any with net seats along the sides, but it's been over a decade since I was in one. I imagine if the Air Force wanted to use the C5s for just passengers they'd have the same setup as the C17s did.

Think they where referring to how planes like the C130 look configured for airborne operations. The back of the seats look like nets. Similar seats can be in a c-5 with an open middle.
C 130
http://www.aircraftsandplanes.com/wp-co ... Inside.jpg
C 5
https://i.pinimg.com/736x/9e/fc/99/9efc ... 4bc83c.jpg

c 17
https://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/ar ... 28656i.jpg

Or C17
https://goo.gl/images/qvdSnr
https://goo.gl/images/XdfN44

Your C5 picture is another c130 picture. I doubt the largest of the three which can carry an Abrams or the fully assembled primary fuselage of a c130 would be that small. And should be more like this
https://goo.gl/images/cYyzpx
The upper deck which is narrower has rear facing seats arranged 3 and 3 for 10ish rows
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

worrth remembering that with a standard load that it carries multiple Mk.V APC's. whether said APC's have infantry inside at the time is unspecified, but might well be the case.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Nightmask
Palladin

Unread post by Nightmask »

Zer0 Kay wrote:
Blue_Lion wrote:
Zer0 Kay wrote:

Eww gross, hopefully collectors of disgusting foods and not ancient ration connoisseurs

Those actually exist in the Schlock Mercenary webcomic verse, because apparently after a certain point those MRE become BETTER and BETTER with age so that by the time of the comic they're a highly prized and sought after commodity.
Fair warning: I consider being called a munchkin a highly offensive slur and do report people when they err in doing so.

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

It's 'canon', not 'cannon'. A cannon is a big gun like on pirate ships, canon is what you mean when referring to something as being contained within one of the books such as how many dice to roll for a stat.
shadrak
Champion

Unread post by shadrak »

LOL...

All this back and forth about MREs, A Rations and B Rations...

Can someone tell me about the Army's MDC body armor capable of taking 6-20 direct hits from an AT-4?

SMH...

The stuff you see on here.

How about this, someone tell me what the inside of a Coalition Mark IX MLRS looks like given that its external dimensions are 20 feet (counting the launcher, so you could make it about 12 feet for height) by 10 feet by 33.5 feet...

I mean, there must be some pocket dimension inside given that it carries 160 missiles!!!!
Nightmask
Palladin

Unread post by Nightmask »

shadrak wrote:LOL...

Can someone tell me about the Army's MDC body armor capable of taking 6-20 direct hits from an AT-4?

SMH...

How about this, someone tell me what the inside of a Coalition Mark IX MLRS looks like given that its external dimensions are 20 feet (counting the launcher, so you could make it about 12 feet for height) by 10 feet by 33.5 feet...

I mean, there must be some pocket dimension inside given that it carries 160 missiles!!!!

I don't think anybody is very good at managing dimensions at Palladium, or somehow I've missed them due to all the rest. One original run Robotech module for the Invid Invasion setting has a transport supposedly carrying pairs of experimental veritechs when the transport couldn't handle more than a single pair just from volume alone yet supposedly had something like eight vehicles inside of it which was also way beyond it's weight limit for transport (and that doesn't even count the volume and mass of missiles and other ammo for said vehicles).
Fair warning: I consider being called a munchkin a highly offensive slur and do report people when they err in doing so.

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

It's 'canon', not 'cannon'. A cannon is a big gun like on pirate ships, canon is what you mean when referring to something as being contained within one of the books such as how many dice to roll for a stat.
Blue_Lion
Knight

Nightmask wrote:

SMH...

I don't think anybody is very good at managing dimensions at Palladium, or somehow I've missed them due to all the rest. One original run Robotech module for the Invid Invasion setting has a transport supposedly carrying pairs of experimental veritechs when the transport couldn't handle more than a single pair just from volume alone yet supposedly had something like eight vehicles inside of it which was also way beyond it's weight limit for transport (and that doesn't even count the volume and mass of missiles and other ammo for said vehicles).

Size and logistics is not something PB is known for. Isnt there a transport in triax that is smaller than what it carries.

shadrak
Champion

Unread post by shadrak »

Blue_Lion wrote:
Nightmask wrote:

SMH...

Size and logistics is not something PB is known for. Isnt there a transport in triax that is smaller than what it carries.

Sounds about right.
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

Empty; kinda like Tru -ahem- Prossek's head. :D :twisted:
Bind the body to the opened mind
Bind the body to the opened mind

I dream of towers in a world consumed
A void in the sentient sky
I dream of fissures across the moon
Leaves of the lotus rise

~Dream Again By Miracle of Sound
shadrak
Champion

Unread post by shadrak »

DhAkael wrote:Empty; kinda like Tru -ahem- Prossek's head. :D :twisted:

Hey! I feel like you are implying that Prossek is a one dimensional caricature of a real person! I resent that! Prossek is a really smart guy that made the CS great!

His offspring are poised to make it greater-er....and with more heart as of Heroes of humanity!

Return to “Rifts®”