The Godfathers

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

iteration27
Explorer

Re: The Godfathers

Unread post by iteration27 »

sorry bout that,i tend to get carried away with myself and dont always read messages properly.well,once ive got the time i AM going to unify it all anyway.im going to scour every single book and write down each and every related reference categorize them and force them all into unity.
SolCannibal
Champion

Unread post by SolCannibal »

iteration27 wrote:sorry bout that,i tend to get carried away with myself and dont always read messages properly.well,once ive got the time i AM going to unify it all anyway.im going to scour every single book and write down each and every related reference categorize them and force them all into unity.

Have fun, but remember to think of the table. Info that does not interact with the players may be entertaining to read, but add little to the game per se. How could they hear of it even thought not certain of the details or degree of veracity? What effect could any such knowledge about gods, AIs and what "family relations" there might be or not among some have on the PCs, their actions or any plotlines ongoing in one's campaign? Gearing one's lore toward discovery and use, much as in videogames, is key.
RockJock
Knight

Unread post by RockJock »

There are other dragons, besides Dragonwright, such as the Aztec Quetzalcoatl that are apparently uplifted dragons. Maybe that is always a possibility with ancient dragons?
RockJock, holder of the mighty Rune Rock Hammer!
SolCannibal
Champion

Unread post by SolCannibal »

RockJock wrote:There are other dragons, besides Dragonwright, such as the Aztec Quetzalcoatl that are apparently uplifted dragons. Maybe that is always a possibility with ancient dragons?

True, CB2 mentions in passing that Quetzalcoatl was an elder Kukulcan dragon that ascended into godhood and became a protector of humankind. It that the other gods, who had been there before his rise of power, resented his place of power and attention paid to him by humans, among whom the dragon dwelt and taught many secrets before becoming a god. Depending on how one interprets this, it could imply the other Aztec Gods were more distant from mortals and/or did not share the same empathy/origins.
iteration27
Explorer

Unread post by iteration27 »

oh the other aztec gods most definitely lack empathy,being mostly evil and selfish with a love of sacrifice and punishment.
apep the immortal from the egyptian pantheon is another god dragon...and nidhogg possibly.im not sure where i got nidhogg from.i think hes a companion of one of the gods.

whatever i decide to do,it'll mostly be in the background,for my own reference and sense of continuity.But players will learn and interact with this knowledge as and when it becomes appropriate.But nevertheless,its a long range project.

edit:actually i might run a god game after ive got some rifts GMing experience under me belt.start the players at a pivotal point in history for one of the worlds im going to put together.have them start off having just become demi-gods.the first gods the native people ever came to worship.play will consist of them joining the megaversal community of beings and taking steps to spread their influence and gain more followers.conflict with other minor pantheons.holy wars.civilization building.all with the intent of climbing the divine ladder and becoming true gods.
i'll probably include some other rival fledgling pantheon as the main opposition and initially centre the game around the struggle for dominance between these two rival pantheons.there can be only one,as it were.

Return to “Rifts®”