My CS War Campaign Chronicle

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Incriptus
Hero
Comment: Hey, relaaaax. Pretend it's a game. Maybe it'll even be fun
Shoot the tubes, Dogmeat!

My CS War Campaign Chronicle

Unread post by Incriptus »

Beginning Friday I am going to be running an ambitious version of the CS War Campaign.

The players are going to be experiencing the war from both sides. They will be making one set of CS soldiers and one set of Tolkeen Defenders. [Yes they are aware that Tolkeen is supposed to lose]. I am intending to follow the larger plot [which they don't know] however I will be changing around somethings [especially timeline related] as I see fit. We will begin from the perspective of a group of elite CS Soldiers.
Incriptus
Hero

Re: My CS War Campaign Chronicle

The CS Proto-Company Charter

In preparing for a prolonged war against the magical nation of Tolkeen the Coalition High Command has authorized the creation of the Proto-Company under command of the Department of Special Divisions (DSD).

It has been determined that expanding into non-conventional skills, tactics, equipment and human augmentation will be necessary to counter balance the unpredictable nature of combat with magic users, DBee’s and Demons.
Members of the Proto-Company “PC’s” will be deployed as individual squads, either for special missions or as an attachment to another combat group. These PCs are encouraged to engage in unconventional warfare and are subject to less strict standards of uniformity. Prototype equipment, training, augmentation will be observed in action via the PCs to be determined if they merit larger integration into the larger armed forces.

PC dossier: Ashley

Designated as a Psi-Nullifier by the Psi-Division Ashley has the power to disrupt the flow of magical and psionic energy directed at her or her allies. In addition she is invisible to magical and psychic senses giving her the ability to sneak into places others could not.

Ashley was living her life in the Chi-Town ‘Burbs as a street rat when she was picked up by NT-SET. At the time her psionic abilities were not fully developed but she had an unusual knack for avoiding the Dogboys. During her processing she was determined to have latent psionic abilities and was handed over to PSI-NET. It was at PSI-NET that she caught the attention of Lieutenant Colonel Carol Black head of the Psi-Division. Ashley was put through a special training program to create a Psi-Nullifer. However the training for Psi-Nullifier does have its downsides as Ashley is known to zone out ignore physical stimuli as well as magic.

PC dossier: Erick “Rojo”

Erick is a Juicer. While not officially authorized by the CS high command at this time, General Cabot and Colonel Lyboc have been producing and training a small number of Juicers for eventual integration into the Armed Forces.

Erick was found working in the Chi-Town burbs waiting for admission to the city. He had been observed by the Chi-Town espionage division for some time. Despite being mentally and physically well off Erick, also known as “Rojo” by his friends had a weakness for immediate gratification. His natural impatientness has been exasperated by the Juicer Conversion. Unsuitable for regular army life he was assigned to the Proto-company in hopes that the less regulated environment would do him good. .. or he’d get himself killed.

PC dossier: Chris

This Psi-Hound has been specifically bred for participation in the Proto-Company. It was determined early in the project that the Dog Boy’s natural and psychic sensitive abilities would be of the utmost importance to the Proto-Company.

His breeding and training was designed to give him a wider range of creative thought than the average dog boy giving him the ability to adapt to the ever changing circumstances of war. However the combination of his Instincts and his upbringing can sometimes come up with thoughts that confuse both other dogs and humans.

PC dossier: Jeremy

Demon Slayer. Death Knight. Jeremy is one of the very first of this new M.O.S. with both specialized training, equipment, and power armor to face down whatever hell spawned creature that the enemy will throw at us.

Jeremy comes from an upper class family amongst the Chi-Town elite. His Grandfather fought in over 30 engagements in the Bloody Campaign. His father is a NTSET police captain. Jeremy graduated from the Military Academy with full honors and is the only commissioned officer in the group. However his lofty upbringing and familiarity with otherwise forbidden subjects can sometimes create an odd pattern of behavior in the face of authority. . . and for some reason he doesn’t like guns.

PC dossier: Albert

Albert was raised in the lower levels of Iron Heart as an educated computer worker he was the victim of a supernatural attack. The damage to his body was ripped limb from limb, it was only the advanced medical facilities in the mega-city that saved his life.

Stabilized but with no prospect of having a normal life, he was offered a chance to join the army and receive a full conversion cyborg body and a chance to fight the monsters that had nearly killed him. Albert accepted and has been assigned to the Proto-Company. Albert has been remarkably adept at accepting his new body. However he may be a bit too eager to become a monster to fight monsters as demonstrated by his decision to have two additional cybernetic arms.

Pre Mission 1: Initiation by Fire

The first batch of recruits to undergo PC training has been summoned to Chi Town for initiation and a demonstration to the CS high command. Everyone is fully equipped and eager to show what this elite force is capable of. A short distance from Chi Town a radio transmission came through. General Phineas Chalk’s had taken two divisions and launched a sneak attack on Tolkeen.

Reports are that the Tolkeen defenders are currently decimating his forces. The CS forces are attempting a withdrawal however the effort is going poorly. A final message comes through that the General has gone missing. With the PCs already on a Death’s Head Transport and fully equipped they are ordered to re-route to the south east Tolkeen border. Orders are to extract General Chalk and any other withdrawing soldiers. Having a CS general captured before the war even starts would be a disaster.
DarleyGrimm
Newb

Unread post by DarleyGrimm »

Hey, sounds like a lot of fun, good luck with it.

Hopefully, one of your players will convince the Tolkeen command to deploy caster groups to keep multiple sanctuary spells in operation. There ought to be enough casters and PPE to completely shut-down attacks into Tolkeen, as the spell prevents acts of aggression (no save), even going so far as to render harmless ranged attacks that start from outside the AOE, killing them as soon as they enter. The caster of the spell, however, is not so constricted.
Blue_Lion
Knight

Unread post by Blue_Lion »

So will this be one set of players for both sides or two separate groups in 1 campaign.
The Clones are coming you shall all be replaced, but who is to say you have not been replaced already.

Master of Type-O and the obvios.

Soon my army oc clones and winged-monkies will rule the world but first, must .......

I may debate canon and RAW, but the games I run are highly house ruled. So I am not debating for how I play but about how the system works as written.
Incriptus
Hero

Each player will have 2 characters.

Lets say that some higher force will be keeping them from meeting prematurely but ideally see the set-up/aftermath of each groups actions. As such they'll be switching characters after every chapter.

Return to “Rifts®”