What's beyond the Rocky Mountains in your game?

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

LostOne
Champion

What's beyond the Rocky Mountains in your game?

Unread post by LostOne »

As far as I know what is on the other side of the Rockies is only vaguely detailed in the books. I can't remember anything real specific and nothing more than a fraction of a page. Lots of rumor, etc. It's a great mystery. I'm curious to hear what people have used in their games for what is beyond the Rockies? Have your characters traveled there? Why? What adventure ideas do you have for getting the players there or for things coming from there?
"But you can't make an omelet without ruthlessly crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning to others." -Order of the Stick #760
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin
Comment: 24 was the start... We are Legion.

Re: What's beyond the Rocky Mountains in your game?

Unread post by Pepsi Jedi »

The far side of the Rockies (Which are actually 'new' mountains.. as the "Rockies" as we know them seem to have been rifted out and new taller mountains are in their place) has been purposefully left vague by kevin.

The implication always was "Something REALLY COOL is out there!! But..... Kevin just hadn't sat down to do the book yet!

New west or spirit west sort of side handedly slipps a few indian things out there but the feel is kinda like Kevin forgot he was holding things West of the Rockies in reserve and those got slipped past when he wasn't paying attention.

So.. "So far" West of the Rockies is "Supposed" To be unknown so far in the books. Not that there's nothing out there but Kevin's REALLY COOL Idead just hasn't been written down yet.

To Answer the OP, I've often wondered myself. The options are open and varied.

People don't realize that much of Cali is.... not 100% beautiful with out large human intervention. LA would revert to desert status with in a few years if human upkeep wasn't present. And that's with out even touching the massive earth quakes and tidal waves which would/should have eraced most of civilization south of.... Oregon.

Personally I've used the Pacific north west for a few kingdoms of Mutant Animals ATB Style (( NOT ROAD HOGS.)) I believe at one point we had 4 detailed kingdoms carved out in the Pacific North West. Different mindsets/politics/ acceptance of magic/etc. Of course one was a rather evil kingdom because... if you're going to have more than one kingdom one has to be the pricks right? lol.

Lt. Nyota Uhura: I'm impressed. For a moment there, I thought you were just a dumb hick who only has sex with farm animals.

James Tiberius Kirk: Well, not _only_...
Blue_Lion
Knight

Unread post by Blue_Lion »

A tech military power based out of joint base Lewis McCord.
A city defended by mystic martial artist in what once was Seattle.
A permanent rift inside Mt Rainier that only links to a dimension that appears to be uninhabited and filled with regenerating natural resources.
A few tech Indian tribes.
An evil elf slaver nation on the Olympic Peninsula.
Clone lab 13.
The Yakima invasion point.
The keepers fire.
The free robot republic.
The Clones are coming you shall all be replaced, but who is to say you have not been replaced already.

Master of Type-O and the obvios.

Soon my army oc clones and winged-monkies will rule the world but first, must .......

I may debate canon and RAW, but the games I run are highly house ruled. So I am not debating for how I play but about how the system works as written.
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin

Blue_Lion wrote:A tech military power based out of joint base Lewis Accord.
A permanent rift inside Mt Rainier that only links to a dimension that appears to be uninhabited and filled with regenerating natural resources.
Clone lab 13.
The keepers fire.
The free robot republic.

Not trying to nitpick, but honestly asking.

Do you mean Joint base Lewis Mcchord? (I'm guessing an autocorrect got ya there) Wouldn't that have been taken out by the Tidal waves during the Cataclysm?

How did you get around the Tidal waves which would have erased Seattle totally (It's on the sound/sea and about a millimeter above sea level. lol)

And how did you get around Mt Rainier not exploding during the Cataclysm? It's right up there with St Helens and is long over due for an Eruption. When the Rifts came Volcanos all over the world went off. Seems that one would have dramatically.

Again very much not being mean. I'm curious as to how those were addressed, as two are literally on the coast, and the third is a massive volcano due to explode 'IRL' and really would have gone off in Rifts.

Lt. Nyota Uhura: I'm impressed. For a moment there, I thought you were just a dumb hick who only has sex with farm animals.

glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

WB7 talks about small kingdoms out there. The new navy does some trading and even sold some Merovingian tanks to a few.

Personally I give it a real 'the postman' feel, both book and movie. Lots of small fairly limited tech city states.. Really more large towns. With the usual mix of alliances, hostilities, and trade.

I do also have it in my notes as having a lot of alien vegetation and mundane animals mixed in.. To match RUE. Makes the wild regions between the towns more interesting. Especially when you consider i decided to stick a bunch of prehistoric mammals and birds out there as well.

I do have the main Valley in California flooded and a small inland sea. The valley preserve thus gets oceanfront property. That also means the southern deserts are a bit greener (more like savanna)
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

glitterboy2098 wrote:WB7 talks about small kingdoms out there. The new navy does some trading and even sold some Merovingian tanks to a few.

Personally I give it a real 'the postman' feel, both book and movie. Lots of small fairly limited tech city states.. Really more large towns. With the usual mix of alliances, hostilities, and trade.

I do also have it in my notes as having a lot of alien vegetation and mundane animals mixed in.. To match RUE. Makes the wild regions between the towns more interesting. Especially when you consider i decided to stick a bunch of prehistoric mammals and birds out there as well.

I do have the main Valley in California flooded and a small inland sea. The valley preserve thus gets oceanfront property. That also means the southern deserts are a bit greener (more like savanna)

This...plus some new cooled volcanic lava plains.

EShemarrian(Wayfinder) settlements up around the Washington/Oregon border, fringe tribe enclaves(Clan Shelley) in northern California and along the coast.

Some Cult of the Deep worshippers along the coast.
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Incriptus
Hero
Comment: Hey, relaaaax. Pretend it's a game. Maybe it'll even be fun
Shoot the tubes, Dogmeat!

Unread post by Incriptus »

I've only concerned myself about my home state of Washington ... who am I kidding, I don't care about Eastern Washington, it's really only the Puget Sound I care about.

I spent a lot of time pouring through my books [more than I'd like to admit] but it appears that New West and Spirit West seem to contradict each other with New West saying Washington is one of the highest populated places complete with a TW Train. Then Spirit West gives me one small preserve. Canada does give some information about the Centuar/Cyber-Centaurs/Cyber Knights spending time in Washington [although they're mostly in B.C.]

I spent some time looking at a map that raised the sea level by 60 meters to get a feel for what the sound would look like, and it basically shattered Seattle into a bunch of islands when the valley flooded.

I'm guessing I would embrace a bit of the oddity of Rifts Earth ... how about the Puget Sound being a meeting place for the Whale Singers? Perhaps and alliance between Dolphin People and Horse People?
dreicunan
Hero

Unread post by dreicunan »

Incriptus wrote:I've only concerned myself about my home state of Washington ... who am I kidding, I don't care about Eastern Washington, it's really only the Puget Sound I care about.

I spent a lot of time pouring through my books [more than I'd like to admit] but it appears that New West and Spirit West seem to contradict each other with New West saying Washington is one of the highest populated places complete with a TW Train. Then Spirit West gives me one small preserve. Canada does give some information about the Centuar/Cyber-Centaurs/Cyber Knights spending time in Washington [although they're mostly in B.C.]

I spent some time looking at a map that raised the sea level by 60 meters to get a feel for what the sound would look like, and it basically shattered Seattle into a bunch of islands when the valley flooded.

I'm guessing I would embrace a bit of the oddity of Rifts Earth ... how about the Puget Sound being a meeting place for the Whale Singers? Perhaps and alliance between Dolphin People and Horse People?

An alliance against the Crab People (Crab People)?
Axelmania wrote:You of course, being the ultimate authority on what is an error and what is not.
Declared the ultimate authority on what is an error and what is not by Axelmania on 5.11.19.
Blue_Lion
Knight

Pepsi Jedi wrote:
Clone lab 13.
The keepers fire.
The free robot republic.

Do you mean Joint base Lewis Mcchord? (I'm guessing an autocorrect got ya there) Wouldn't that have been taken out by the Tidal waves during the Cataclysm?

How did you get around the Tidal waves which would have erased Seattle totally (It's on the sound/sea and about a millimeter above sea level. lol)

And how did you get around Mt Rainier not exploding during the Cataclysm? It's right up there with St Helens and is long over due for an Eruption. When the Rifts came Volcanos all over the world went off. Seems that one would have dramatically.

Again very much not being mean. I'm curious as to how those were addressed, as two are literally on the coast, and the third is a massive volcano due to explode 'IRL' and really would have gone off in Rifts.

When my Rainer erupted made a hole a hole in the dimentional fabric creating a permanate rift.

Tsunomies hitting Seattle are limited to what the sound could generate as the Olympic penises shielded them from the worst that cane across the Pacific.. The people built the city on the mac bones restorng pre rift factories. So while once seatle a new city is there.

Yes it got auto corrected. It is jblm. Mdc structures and storage yard could stand most natural disasters and to is main branches are not directly on the cost. My Rainer erupting would do more damage than tilde waves.

You got a single sentence blurb but there is more to it.
The Clones are coming you shall all be replaced, but who is to say you have not been replaced already.

Soon my army oc clones and winged-monkies will rule the world but first, must .......

I may debate canon and RAW, but the games I run are highly house ruled. So I am not debating for how I play but about how the system works as written.
Proseksword
Adventurer

Unread post by Proseksword »

I kinda like there being not much of anything there. A few small native American communities & nothing more.
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin

Blue_Lion wrote:
Pepsi Jedi wrote:
Clone lab 13.
The keepers fire.
The free robot republic.

When my Rainer erupted made a hole a hole in the dimentional fabric creating a permanate rift.

Tsunomies hitting Seattle are limited to what the sound could generate as the Olympic penises shielded them from the worst that cane across the Pacific.. The people built the city on the mac bones restorng pre rift factories. So while once seatle a new city is there.

Yes it got auto corrected. It is jblm. Mdc structures and storage yard could stand most natural disasters and to is main branches are not directly on the cost. My Rainer erupting would do more damage than tilde waves.

Ehhh ok. the stuff described in the book would more than be enough to take out seattle and the base but if for some reason (Magic always works) Your versions weren't hit as hard.

Cool. I was curious. :) Thank you for the reply.

Daniel Stoker
Knight
Comment: Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis

Unread post by Daniel Stoker »

Eh, we were told the same thing about Japan and look at what that got us. ;)

Daniel Stoker
Judaism - More Old School than either Christianity or Islam.
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin

Daniel Stoker wrote:Eh, we were told the same thing about Japan and look at what that got us. ;)

Daniel Stoker

Didn't japan totally rift out of existence for a few 100 years and then come back?

dreicunan
Hero

Pepsi Jedi wrote:
Daniel Stoker wrote:Eh, we were told the same thing about Japan and look at what that got us. ;)

Daniel Stoker

Didn't japan totally rift out of existence for a few 100 years and then come back?

No. Some of the high tech cities did, but there were already descendants of survivora living there.
Axelmania wrote:You of course, being the ultimate authority on what is an error and what is not.
Declared the ultimate authority on what is an error and what is not by Axelmania on 5.11.19.
Braden Campbell
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer

Unread post by Braden Campbell »

The city of Los Islanges (home to several hot rod and laser weapon manufacturers)... five small communities in the Bay Area (currently trying to come together into a single civilization)... a human-supremacist militia known as the Ex-Pats (based in San Diego, they are the descendants of the 200 men and women who left the USS Ticonderoga)...about 1000 CyberWorks military androids just wandering around looking for a purpose to their lives (player character option)... hordes of Coyles...
Braden, GMPhD

If that doesn't prompt you to buy it, I don't know what else I can say.
LostOne
Champion

Unread post by LostOne »

I'm strongly considering making it the landing/crashing location of a generational ship of Splicers who escaped their homeworld, maybe the last remnants of the last surviving house in an attempt to find safety. They pass over North America east to west (easily mistaken for a comet) and crash off shore of California. The area over there ends up being fairly easy for them to tame once they grow some war mounts and establish themselves. They saw lots of signs of tech flying over so they build up their defenses and start a breeding program to grow more troops with the expectation they're going to be fighting more of the machines (they wonder if the machines beat them here?). Around the time (a couple decades) they start sending exploration parties and learning things might not be quite so dire, the N.E.X.U.S. shows up and spikes start raining down on the planet spraying nanoplague. Hasty treaties need to be struck and suddenly the splicers have many willing people for biotic and host armor conversion, and psychics with telemechanics start developing tecnojacker powers.

This is still pretty preliminary, but I thought that area might be a good isolated place for the splicers to get a major foothold on this world.

Edit: I ended up making a separate thread for feedback/ideas on this concept for those who are interested: http://www.palladiumbooks.com/forums/vi ... 8&t=155595
Last edited by LostOne on Fri May 11, 2018 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"But you can't make an omelet without ruthlessly crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning to others." -Order of the Stick #760
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Zer0 Kay »

I've pretty much adopted Fell's UCG concepts but he isnt going to write it as a world book so...
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid
Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech
Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus
The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
LostOne
Champion

Unread post by LostOne »

Zer0 Kay wrote:I've pretty much adopted Fell's UCG concepts but he isnt going to write it as a world book so...

I guess I'm not familiar with this.
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

The Boeing Works MegaBunker....an archival/techno-archaeoplogical grail for Operators.
Yeah, Chi-Town might have sent scouts out already to try to find it, but maybe they couldn't find it....is it matter of it being destroyed, not existing, or something stranger? :bandit:
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Unread post by eliakon »

I love to change up the setting every time I run a game. Sometimes little things, sometimes big stuff. That way every game I run (unless deliberately set in a particular world again) is unique and different and my players can get the fun of exploring and discovering this world instead of simply knowing everything already since they have the books and know most everything and this way no one has to try and separate in-game and out-game knowledge... as they don't know for sure what out-game knowledge is really true.

As such I have done a few different things with the Rockies.

In one game I had a huge nation state centered on Salt Lake City that was a based on the survivalists and many Mormons and their preparations for a Tribulation. It was sort of a theocratic Lazlo and sort of loosely based on the original Deseret government and rules.
The Mormons were a missionary faith, but their calling required that they extend aid to all of gods creatures... and as they already believed in other worlds and other life forms they took Dee-Bees in stride and allow them to join the Church... and as the higher levels of government were reserved for Church members the result was a multi-racial and fairly open society.

In another game I had had a D-shift transfer in a large portion of another world... in this case they got a rather large chunk of Robotech Earth including a hive and some Genesis Pits. The result was very similar a to an Invid Invasion style game only the protagonists had Rifts gear instead of RDF/REF/SC Mecha.

In yet another game I had established in my world that China had survived more or less intact... due to the intervention of the Celestial Bureaucracy. The resulting society was a mix of Confucianism Ideals and Communist ideals. The gods were able to use the sites of extant China Towns as a sort of 'tether' where in they could create a dimensionally linked zone back to 'true China' and thus the region had the San Francisco China Town as the heart of a massive city that was in turn the heart of a growing techno-magical nation... The Divine Empire of the Peoples Heavinly Court.

In another I had had the Rockies contain a massive necro-magical effect. Thus like the Land of the Damned almost everything and everyone west of the Rockies had come back as undead of many types and other even less savory things.

In another Los Angels was where the NEMA forces had pulled back to from all over North America, and the rally point for all Canadian, Mexican, and American Navy ships as well as soon any and everyone else in the Pacific.
The result was that by abandoning virtually everything else they were able to hold on... here...
And the result was a near Golden Age nation in California, surrounded on all sides by allied native tribes who helped keep their secrets in exchange for agreements to return the land back to the tribes.
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

LostOne wrote:
Zer0 Kay wrote:I've pretty much adopted Fell's UCG concepts but he isnt going to write it as a world book so...

Unfortunately most aren't. :cry: Politely ask he may tell.
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
LostOne
Champion

Unread post by LostOne »

Zer0 Kay wrote:
LostOne wrote:

Then he should write it up for Rifter or post it on here. :)
Mlp7029
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Mlp7029 »

Prior to the publishing of a Glitterboy factory in Quebec the Boeing factory in Everett WA was the source of the Glitterboys appearing in North America.
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

LostOne wrote:
Zer0 Kay wrote:
LostOne wrote:

I think his plan was Rifters. But it doesnt help me finish Alaska because I wont be able to use his fluff he wrote for me unless his stuff is official. :(
LostOne
Champion

Unread post by LostOne »

Zer0 Kay wrote:
LostOne wrote:
Zer0 Kay wrote:
LostOne wrote:

I think his plan was Rifters. But it doesnt help me finish Alaska because I wont be able to use his fluff he wrote for me unless his stuff is official. :(

Official stuff sometimes ends up in the Rifters. Maybe it could go into the Rifter as official if it is known you're needing/wanting it for Alaska.
Fell
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Fell »

I wrote a lot of stuff for the Great Barrier Mountains, yup, and west of it. Then I asked Kevin what he figured was "out west". Then I tossed a 3rd of what I wrote.

I was considering doing Rifter Articles to push out the updated "out west" material, however I recently came up with a new idea:

Rifts Dark Age

A lot of what I designed / wrote I can adapt to 2099, a hundred years after Chaos Earth. I spend the last week working on maps. I am working on it. Been typing like mad after the PoH.... I think a in between book, between Chaos Earth and Rifts would be fun, very post apocalyptic and pre the post post era of Rifts.

Still think you should do Rifter Articles Zero as a start.

Give me a year. I have three projects I am trying to do AND work full time. ;)

Enjoy / Game on!

Oh the UCG was: United Coast Guard they were a small part of it.
Dan Frederick
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Fell wrote:I wrote a lot of stuff for the Great Barrier Mountains, yup, and west of it. Then I asked Kevin what he figured was "out west". Then I tossed a 3rd of what I wrote.

I was considering doing Rifter Articles to push out the updated "out west" material, however I recently came up with a new idea:

Rifts Dark Age

A lot of what I designed / wrote I can adapt to 2099, a hundred years after Chaos Earth. I spend the last week working on maps. I am working on it. Been typing like mad after the PoH.... I think a in between book, between Chaos Earth and Rifts would be fun, very post apocalyptic and pre the post post era of Rifts.

Still think you should do Rifter Articles Zero as a start.

Give me a year. I have three projects I am trying to do AND work full time. ;)

Enjoy / Game on!

Oh the UCG was: United Coast Guard they were a small part of it.

I know and I'm working on them or rather trying to figure which faction to pull and concentrate on. You have a particular favorite?

They may have been a small part but they were a part of the fluff you made for me so I'm kind of attached.
FluidicAztec
Explorer

Unread post by FluidicAztec »

Pepsi Jedi wrote:
Clone lab 13.
The keepers fire.
The free robot republic.

It's actually Joint Base Lewis-McChord or JBLM....I type it like every day.
FluidicAztec
Explorer

Unread post by FluidicAztec »

Blue_Lion wrote:
Pepsi Jedi wrote:
Clone lab 13.
The keepers fire.
The free robot republic.

This could be the opportunity for Ramtha to finally appear! https://www.ramtha.com/content/aboutus.aspx
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

FluidicAztec wrote:
Pepsi Jedi wrote:
Clone lab 13.
The keepers fire.
The free robot republic.

It's actually Joint Base Lewis-McChord or JBLM....I type it like every day.

Dang :cry: still too far away. Stupid Snoqualmie. I miss the service. You USAF or Army?
Blue_Lion
Knight

dreicunan wrote:
Pepsi Jedi wrote:

Daniel Stoker

No. Some of the high tech cities did, but there were already descendants of survivora living there.

If I recall right 1 city phased out of time. the rest are people that survived the rifts amd rebuilt.

dreicunan
Hero

Blue_Lion wrote:
dreicunan wrote:
Pepsi Jedi wrote:

Daniel Stoker

If I recall right 1 city phased out of time. the rest are people that survived the rifts amd rebuilt.

Hiroshima and everything in a 100 mile diameter, including Kure, Iwakuni, and Ichto (see page 70 of WB8).
Last edited by dreicunan on Tue May 15, 2018 7:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

Beyond the Rocky Mountains?
That’s where the Bullwinkle Mountains are.
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Killer Cyborg wrote:Beyond the Rocky Mountains?
That’s where the Bullwinkle Mountains are.

Ah... and the ones in Pottsylvania?
Razorwing
Hero

Unread post by Razorwing »

Isn't the Cyber-Horseman city of Ixion believed to be located somewhere in what remains of British Columbia on the western side of the Rockies?
There are three types of people in the world; those who can count and those who can't.
Library Ogre
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

More mountains.

Anchored by Yellowstone, St. Helens, and Ceburuco, a triangular section of distortion places you in a dimension of infinite mountains.
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Mark Hall wrote:More mountains.

Anchored by Yellowstone, St. Helens, and Ceburuco, a triangular section of distortion places you in a dimension of infinite mountains.

So what if you come from the other side what is on the coast?
Library Ogre

Zer0 Kay wrote:

What coast? I mean, they've been saying California is going to drop into the ocean... combine a massive tectonic event with all the stuff going on around the CoR, you've basically got something that ends in mountains.

Besides, where would they come from? Everyone knows Japan is uninhabited.

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
All Palladium Articles
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Mark Hall wrote:
Zer0 Kay wrote:

What coast? I mean, they've been saying California is going to drop into the ocean... combine a massive tectonic event with all the stuff going on around the CoR, you've basically got something that ends in mountains.

Besides, where would they come from? Everyone knows Japan is uninhabited.

Lol... obviously I'm asking for what the Lord of the Deep would find. ;) But having said that a triangle that is permanently open into a realm of infinite mountains would explain why reachers never get past the Rockies and if those mountains supply a large amount of snow melt it would explain why there is still water on Earth with that Aussie frog.
Sir_Spirit
Invisible Pink Unicorn

Unread post by Sir_Spirit »

Mark Hall wrote:What coast? I mean, they've been saying California is going to drop into the ocean... .

Who?
Hollywood? Cuz that's actually BS. The two plates are pushing toward each other, not away.....
Damn ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol! Damn everyone who won’t damn ICE/BCP/Border Patrol!! Damn everyone that won’t put lights in his windows and sit up all night damning CE/BCP/BorderPatrol!!!
If you support ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol at this point, you would have called the Gestapo on the people surreptitiously moving into your neighbor's attic and huffed that you were only following the law.
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

Sir_Spirit wrote:
Mark Hall wrote:What coast? I mean, they've been saying California is going to drop into the ocean... .

Who?
Hollywood? Cuz that's actually BS. The two plates are pushing toward each other, not away.....

actually the san andreas fault is a transform fault, with the two plates moving horizontally in opposing directions, slipping past each other.
some
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Library Ogre

Sir_Spirit wrote:

Who?

Mystics and statistics.

All Palladium Articles
Daniel Stoker
Knight

Thank you Warren Zevon. :p

But yeah, you're more going to see LA being a 'suburb' of San Francisco as time goes on.

Daniel Stoker
Library Ogre

Daniel Stoker wrote:Thank you Warren Zevon. :p

But yeah, you're more going to see LA being a 'suburb' of San Francisco as time goes on.

Hey, we got werewolves in London and essential equipment includes Lawyers, Guns, and Money... tell me he's not the right person to go to for guidance. :mrgreen:

All Palladium Articles
Daniel Stoker
Knight

Considering I made sure with my dad to have dinner at Lee Ho Fook's when I was in London, you're not going to get an argument from me.

Daniel Stoker
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

Dirt, rocks, maybe a few trees.
*shrug* who cares?
Bind the body to the opened mind
Bind the body to the opened mind

I dream of towers in a world consumed
A void in the sentient sky
I dream of fissures across the moon
Leaves of the lotus rise

~Dream Again By Miracle of Sound
Daniel Stoker
Knight

Most of the people in this thread? Well besides you. :p

Daniel Stoker
LostOne
Champion

Unread post by LostOne »

DhAkael wrote:Dirt, rocks, maybe a few trees.
*shrug* who cares?

Because it's uncharted territory by the books. It's a mystery wrapped in an enigma behind an impassable wall of stone. There is opportunity there for the Rifts equivalent of a quest for a "holy grail" or El Dorado type macguffin.

Return to “Rifts®”