seriously?

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

iteration27
Explorer

seriously?

Unread post by iteration27 »

ok so my GM in his main game has a pair of demi-god twins who annoyed him simply by refusing to ever be split up,doing everything together,even when it would have been better for them to split up.So as a punishment(not necessarily fair),when captured by the splugorth,he thought it would be funny to have them both fused together at the spine via biowizard tortue(to their credit,theyve been stuck this way for months of real time and still happily play the character/'s)
This got me wondering what weird,cruel,unfair and or funny pusnishments have been inflicted in other peoples games.
jaymz
Palladin
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)

Re: seriously?

Unread post by jaymz »

I made a player's character switch genders when I felt he was being a complete A$$ to a female player at the table and started having NPCs treating his character the way he was behaving to the female player. Took four session before he wised up.
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
iteration27
Explorer

lol four whole sessions!? i bet he secretly loved it.
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

Oh no he was getting more and more aggravated and pissed off with each session. I think another player actually clued him in outside the game.
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

jaymz wrote:Oh no he was getting more and more aggravated and pissed off with each session. I think another player actually clued him in outside the game.

"Ypu're not being treated like a second=class citizen, you're being treated like a first-class JERK."
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
iteration27
Explorer

i dont wanna sound horrible,but the guy sounds pretty clueless as a human being
taalismn
Priest

iteration27 wrote:i dont wanna sound horrible,but the guy sounds pretty clueless as a human being

...I've sadly met even more clueless.
Sometimes you need relativistic velocity to get the ol' cluebat to penetrate for effect.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
iteration27
Explorer

i guess ive been fortunate in my associations...well there was this one guy,but its not relevant to anything on here,so i shall refrain.and im sure he always knew what he was sayin anyway.disagreeable and distasteful by design.
taalismn
Priest

iteration27 wrote:i guess ive been fortunate in my associations...well there was this one guy,but its not relevant to anything on here,so i shall refrain.and im sure he always knew what he was sayin anyway.disagreeable and distasteful by design.

MY experience has been that no matter what you do, there's somebody out there that will take offense to you. Apologizing over the phone having a gravelly post-cold voice, my self-effacing use of the word 'decrepitude' got me my kidneys verbally ripped out.

Anyways...Heroes Unlimited-style campaign where the local hero group was having try-outs. Asked what he could do, one candidate asked, 'what would you like?' Slow player on the end speaks up "Make me a milkshake!'
"Okay."
One transformation spell later, the wiseass is a large milkshake. GM had him stay that way until the other players could figure out how to safely turn him back, with much side discussion of the side effects of letting him go bad without refrigeration, the effects of freezing, and whether or not drinking him constituted cannibalism(especially as one of the team bricks had the IQ of one, and might just accidentally see the refreshing cold treat sitting there unclaimed...) .
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
iteration27
Explorer

i'd have to say no,not cannibalism...but still wouldnt try it,incase the spell wears off halfway through.That would be quite embarrassing depending on what portion of the person youre glugging down at the time.
Blue_Lion
Knight

Unread post by Blue_Lion »

Player kept arguing with the GM so he brought in Cthulu horror clicks figure and placed it on the side table before the game.
The Clones are coming you shall all be replaced, but who is to say you have not been replaced already.

Master of Type-O and the obvios.

Soon my army oc clones and winged-monkies will rule the world but first, must .......

I may debate canon and RAW, but the games I run are highly house ruled. So I am not debating for how I play but about how the system works as written.
iteration27
Explorer

well thats more intimidation than punishment.pretty crafty though.
Blue_Lion
Knight

iteration27 wrote:well thats more intimidation than punishment.pretty crafty though.

The side table was the next thing through a rift.
The Clones are coming you shall all be replaced, but who is to say you have not been replaced already.

Soon my army oc clones and winged-monkies will rule the world but first, must .......

I may debate canon and RAW, but the games I run are highly house ruled. So I am not debating for how I play but about how the system works as written.
Axelmania
Knight

Unread post by Axelmania »

jaymz wrote:I made a player's character switch genders when I felt he was being a complete A$$ to a female player at the table and started having NPCs treating his character the way he was behaving to the female player. Took four session before he wised up.

Just to clarify, was the male player treating the female player badly, or was his character treating her character badly?
Blue_Lion
Knight

Axelmania wrote:
jaymz wrote:I made a player's character switch genders when I felt he was being a complete A$$ to a female player at the table and started having NPCs treating his character the way he was behaving to the female player. Took four session before he wised up.

Just to clarify, was the male player treating the female player badly, or was his character treating her character badly?

It seamed fairly clear. The player whos charter was changed to female was harassing the female player's PC in game. So to teach him a lesson the GM turned the harassing players charter female and used NPCs to harass him like he was harassing the other players PC.

So the group had a female player.
A male player had his PC harass the female players PC.
The GM turned the male players PC female.
The GM used NPCs to harass the harassing male player's PC.

jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

Actually it was some of column a and some of column b. Now to the guys defense to a certain degree he was what we would call stereotypical gamer so not much in the way of social skill around females. My punishment came after I had warned him to stop.

\m/
iteration27
Explorer

next thing through the rift? sounds like a whole party punishment.unless the idea was to get the other players to police eachother.
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin
Comment: 24 was the start... We are Legion.

Unread post by Pepsi Jedi »

Wasn't in Palladium but in a White Wolf: Changeling game once.

There was a guy that was the son, of an owner of a site I played on. A real entitled know it all jerk that loved to throw his weight around and the fact that his mother's pull made it so he had super strong characters approved. He made a sidhe (An elf basically) whom was noble and both threw around his nobility, and his intense beauty like a weapon all the time. All the ladies simply must be there for his romantic interests and all the males were people for him to lord over with his rank and title and all. He would actually complain if other males didn't swoon over his beauty due to his stats. (Appearance 7 + Surreal Beauty Merit, if you know the game))

This went on for some time, but the other players couldn't say much or his mommy would kick us off the site.

Well then.... I got permission to run a storyline. Naturally he insinuated himself and expected to be the hero of the entire thing. There was an evil Chimera in the storyline that was acting as a minion for the big bad guy of the story. It was basically a flying baboon like from Wizard of Oz, but sadistic and cruel.

Long story short Mr Perfect shows up one night to play. Confronts the Chimera and, due to it being built by me.. The guy's super stats didn't really affect it overly much. he ended up thrashed physically, immobilized, and thrown down some stairs. The guy was already raging that I pretty much denied him the ability to be the hero and thrashing around saying that there was nothing to be done.

So with Mr Perfects "PERFECT" Character one box away from dead, and totally immobilized via a magical power..... instead of just slaughtering him (Which frankly I should have done. But again didn't want to get thrown off the site), instead I had the baboon....... shall we say... Mockingly leave a.... large, voluminous, fluidic deposit of.... reproductive material on Mr Perfect's sidhe's face. Showing his utter dominance over the fallen elven knight of ill disposition. This was done and he left the individual to be -found- that way. Physically beaten. Immobilized and.... covered in said.... voluminous sticky deposit. He was found by some commoners whom he had 'lorded over' in the past.

So naturally the story of the event was WIDELY spread.

The player was absolutely livid. Total nerd rage, but... I hadn't killed his character, and the player base argued that I had been merciful in the action. That naturally a 'smart' villain would have just stabbed him in the heart and left him dead. So while the guy was in full out rage mode, he couldn't get me in 'trouble'. When entering the scene I had warned people it was a pretty badass bad guy and injury/maiming/and even character death's were a possibility. The guy thought he had plot armor from above due to his mommy. So when he raged I just calmly pointed to the warning given before the scene that everyone had agreed to going in.

He was utterly humiliated. And a nickname for him/his character arose from it. Not... a particularly kind one. It took him down a few notches and established MY dominance.

This was..... 12 years ago? Guy still hates me with the heat of a million exploding suns. Has never forgiven or forgotten the incident.

It still makes me smile, any time I think about it.

Lt. Nyota Uhura: I'm impressed. For a moment there, I thought you were just a dumb hick who only has sex with farm animals.

James Tiberius Kirk: Well, not _only_...
iteration27
Explorer

lol way to demonstrate to an arse what everyone knows hes full of.

Never played in a changeling game,it was always mage,werewolf and vampire,with the odd wraith game.dont think our GM much liked the changelings.
taalismn
Priest

Blue_Lion wrote:
iteration27 wrote:well thats more intimidation than punishment.pretty crafty though.

The side table was the next thing through a rift.

My mental image was...
"Here are your characters"(holds up Warhammer-scale figurines for scale, sets them on table)
"This is what's coming next through the rift)(gestures to MUCH larger side table)
"This guy is standing atop it."(points at Cthulu figure)

You can just see the giant shadow looming over the characters, who are all in either "Oh shi-" or "Escape spell, NOW!" mode. :D
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Sohisohi
Explorer

Re: SS

Unread post by Sohisohi »

Made a character to strong, so DM killed them off so I could make something more balanced.
"Punishments" are only dealt out when murderhoboing becomes a problem, otherwise. . .
If a player can't take banter at the table then they are asked to leave.
TeeAychEeMarchHare
Explorer
Comment: War to the knife, knife to the hilt.

Re: SS

Unread post by TeeAychEeMarchHare »

Sohisohi wrote:Made a character to strong, so DM killed them off so I could make something more balanced.
"Punishments" are only dealt out when murderhoboing becomes a problem, otherwise. . .
If a player can't take banter at the table then they are asked to leave.

This. Except I'll even allow murderhobos. Of course, every action has an opposite and sometimes disproportionate consequence...What I won't tolerate are munchkins, and I have very little patience for power gamers. But I don't run adventures/campaigns that are 90% combat, 10% other, so power gamers tend to get bored and not stick around long. I stick to GMing systems that *in my experience* are more difficult for munchkins and power gamers to abuse.

As for table banter, it's pretty easy to tell the difference between someone joking around and someone being a disrespectful jagoff. If someone has such a tender butt that they're going to try to pull the "I'm OFFENDED!" card like it's some kind of badge of honor, they'd best just drag their carcass to another table. I *will* game with children and teens, especially if they are mature at the table, but not an 'adult' that acts like an entitled, petulant child. No snowflakes at my table.

I've had to 'deal with' a munchkin once, and it was in a Rifts campaign. I ended up pulling one of the badder God's out of CB2 and beating the ever-loving **** out of him. He got pissy and didn't want to play if I was GMing any more after that.
Too much ammo is a self-correcting problem.
taalismn
Priest

Pepsi Jedi wrote:Wasn't in Palladium but in a White Wolf: Changeling game once.

He was utterly humiliated. And a nickname for him/his character arose from it. Not... a particularly kind one. It took him down a few notches and established MY dominance. .

Kinda surprised the Chim didn't use the guy as a scratching post...Scar damage to Good Looks? Fits in behavior-wise just as well as Marking Territory and Mock-Humping The Defeated Rival.
That would have been adding injury to insult.
Regardless, you seem to have totaled him just as effectively without Beating Him With an Ugly Stick.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin

taalismn wrote:

He was utterly humiliated. And a nickname for him/his character arose from it. Not... a particularly kind one. It took him down a few notches and established MY dominance. .

Kinda surprised the Chim didn't use the guy as a scratching post...Scar damage to Good Looks? Fits in behavior-wise just as well as Marking Territory and Mock-Humping The Defeated Rival.
That would have been adding injury to insult.
Regardless, you seem to have totaled him just as effectively without Beating Him With an Ugly Stick.

By the point he was subdued, he was on his last health box at incap. Further damage would have killed him. He was pretty tore up in the fight, the baboon DID bite his face at one point. Sadly it was magically healed.

The event and humiliation from the rest though, lives on. Guy still hates me. lol

Lt. Nyota Uhura: I'm impressed. For a moment there, I thought you were just a dumb hick who only has sex with farm animals.

dragonfett
Knight

Unread post by dragonfett »

There was a guy that was the son, of an owner of a site I played on. A real entitled know it all jerk that loved to throw his weight around and the fact that his mother's pull made it so he had super strong characters approved. He made a sidhe (An elf basically) whom was noble and both threw around his nobility, and his intense beauty like a weapon all the time. All the ladies simply must be there for his romantic interests and all the males were people for him to lord over with his rank and title and all. He would actually complain if other males didn't swoon over his beauty due to his stats. (Appearance 7 + Surreal Beauty Merit, if you know the game))

This went on for some time, but the other players couldn't say much or his mommy would kick us off the site.

Well then.... I got permission to run a storyline. Naturally he insinuated himself and expected to be the hero of the entire thing. There was an evil Chimera in the storyline that was acting as a minion for the big bad guy of the story. It was basically a flying baboon like from Wizard of Oz, but sadistic and cruel.

Long story short Mr Perfect shows up one night to play. Confronts the Chimera and, due to it being built by me.. The guy's super stats didn't really affect it overly much. he ended up thrashed physically, immobilized, and thrown down some stairs. The guy was already raging that I pretty much denied him the ability to be the hero and thrashing around saying that there was nothing to be done.

So with Mr Perfects "PERFECT" Character one box away from dead, and totally immobilized via a magical power..... instead of just slaughtering him (Which frankly I should have done. But again didn't want to get thrown off the site), instead I had the baboon....... shall we say... Mockingly leave a.... large, voluminous, fluidic deposit of.... reproductive material on Mr Perfect's sidhe's face. Showing his utter dominance over the fallen elven knight of ill disposition. This was done and he left the individual to be -found- that way. Physically beaten. Immobilized and.... covered in said.... voluminous sticky deposit. He was found by some commoners whom he had 'lorded over' in the past.

The player was absolutely livid. Total nerd rage, but... I hadn't killed his character, and the player base argued that I had been merciful in the action. That naturally a 'smart' villain would have just stabbed him in the heart and left him dead. So while the guy was in full out rage mode, he couldn't get me in 'trouble'. When entering the scene I had warned people it was a pretty badass bad guy and injury/maiming/and even character death's were a possibility. The guy thought he had plot armor from above due to his mommy. So when he raged I just calmly pointed to the warning given before the scene that everyone had agreed to going in.

He was utterly humiliated. And a nickname for him/his character arose from it. Not... a particularly kind one. It took him down a few notches and established MY dominance.

This was..... 12 years ago? Guy still hates me with the heat of a million exploding suns. Has never forgiven or forgotten the incident.

That. Is. EPIC!

I have never had the displeasure of playing in a game where another player was making an ass of themselves, but I have had the displeasure of playing in a game where the GM felt it was a Him vs. Us situation, every time.
Under the Pain of Death
I would Stand Alone
Against an Army of Darkness
And Horrors Unknown
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Zer0 Kay »

I was GMing a campaign the rules lawyer had decided to use his dragon hatchling like a falcon... never mind that they dont have talons but feet... and he attempted to snatch a SAMAS flying toward him at full speed out of the air by yanking off its wings mid air. I had him roll, successful strike, Roll damage, did a minor amount. Nope the wings are damaged but because you didn't sheer them off in this suicidal maneuver you also receive damage (treating it as a simultanious attack) roll damage... your legs are broken. Rules Lawyer pitches a fit complaining that it isn't possible and it's not in the rules. I asked him to show me where shearing off wings just from a grab attack done with non-prehensile feet between two objects of similar mass with the oppositions airspeed being much higher was. He just got up said he was done and stormed off. Thing was, he had a team and though he would have been incapacitated for a bit while his bio regeneration healed his bones or I probably would have even allowed a transformation into something that didn't have bones and then back to fix the problem, he decided to act like a child. The guy is a real lawyer now... wonder if he storms off when he loses a case he thought he had in the bag.

Edit: I forgot the best part. This guy annoyed the group so much when he said he was done and stormed off the other players cheered.
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid
Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech
Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus
The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
iteration27
Explorer

didnt the dragon hatchling mind bein used like that? i thought they were born as intelligent beings.
Last edited by iteration27 on Sat May 05, 2018 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin

Dragons have claws on their feet. Ripping off wings with them wouldn't be hard.

Or it could just use it's hands.

Not trying to nit pick but that one kinda sounds like you didn't like the guy so got inventive with the rules.

Blue_Lion
Knight

Pepsi Jedi wrote:Dragons have claws on their feet. Ripping off wings with them wouldn't be hard.

Not trying to nit pick but that one kinda sounds like you didn't like the guy so got inventive with the rules.

Dragons may have clawed toes but that does not mean they can be used for griping like a falcon claws. So ripping off wings with the feet like the player wanted to do would be hard if they do not have feet like that. I do not recall ever hearing of PB dragons having feet like that art is not the best source but most dragon pics I have seen in PB do not show talon like feet on most dragons.(several different things make ripping off wings of a high speed object hard)

He did allow the attempt but required reducing MDC to 0. AS there is no rules for ripping off limbs that I know of requiring to reduce MDC to 0 is fair way to determine if it works.

Not sure what rule he used to determine the legs broke from damage.

taalismn
Priest

Zer0 Kay wrote:I was GMing a campaign the rules lawyer had decided to use his dragon hatchling like a falcon... never mind that they dont have talons but feet... and he attempted to snatch a SAMAS flying toward him at full speed out of the air by yanking off its wings mid air. I had him roll, successful strike, Roll damage, did a minor amount. Nope the wings are damaged but because you didn't sheer them off in this suicidal maneuver you also receive damage (treating it as a simultanious attack) roll damage... your legs are broken. Rules Lawyer pitches a fit complaining that it isn't possible and it's not in the rules. I asked him to show me where shearing off wings just from a grab attack done with non-prehensile feet between two objects of similar mass with the oppositions airspeed being much higher was. He just got up said he was done and stormed off. .

Apparently never saw two hawks fighting in midair...they don't tear wings off, they TUMBLE through the air.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin

Blue_Lion wrote:
Pepsi Jedi wrote:Dragons have claws on their feet. Ripping off wings with them wouldn't be hard.

Dragons may have clawed toes but that does not mean they can be used for griping like a falcon claws. So ripping off wings with the feet like the player wanted to do would be hard if they do not have feet like that. I do not recall ever hearing of PB dragons having feet like that art is not the best source but most dragon pics I have seen in PB do not show talon like feet on most dragons.(several different things make ripping off wings of a high speed object hard)

He did allow the attempt but required reducing MDC to 0. AS there is no rules for ripping off limbs that I know of requiring to reduce MDC to 0 is fair way to determine if it works.

I guess it would depend on your definition of 'Rip off"

Basicly a called strike with your claws to the wings would damage them/rip them off if successful. Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiip the wings are shredded and fall away.

If not.. a few 1000lbs of MDC dragon impacting the power armor likely had no good effects.

If you mean "PLUCK" them off as in grab hold of the wings and pull, there could be a point of contention but he could always do that with his hands, which are also clawed.

Not sure where you'd get that legs would break either. Dragons are naturally MDC unless your power armor some how does MDC levels of damage from a glancing blow or something, as a direct impact is bound to be much worse on the power armor than the dragon. lol. if the impact is strong enough to break MDC dragon legs that same damage should have been translated to the power armor. If not more.

(Like a gnat hitting a windshield. Or well more like a dog getting hit by a car. Sure it might mess up the grill a bit, but the dog is going to be splattered)

jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

That would depend more on if said dragon was a hatchling or an adult......hatchlings have the MDC of heavy PA at most.....

\m/
Shark_Force
Palladin

Unread post by Shark_Force »

seems like the other obvious solution is to make *everything* attracted to him. i mean, hey, you're supernaturally attractive, so don't complain too much when everyone and everything starts flirting with you (or worse), whether you're interested or not :)
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin

Shark_Force wrote:

seems like the other obvious solution is to make *everything* attracted to him. i mean, hey, you're supernaturally attractive, so don't complain too much when everyone and everything starts flirting with you (or worse), whether you're interested or not :)

The game in question I wasn't the over all GM. It was an online setting in which I was a player,

Players were allowed to run Storylines with admin approval, but in limited capacity. In short I coudln't controll the entire world to do so.

In addition he'd have loved the attention.

I only had 'control' in so far as the approved storyline was concerned.

Blue_Lion
Knight

Pepsi Jedi wrote:
Blue_Lion wrote:

I guess it would depend on your definition of 'Rip off"

Basicly a called strike with your claws to the wings would damage them/rip them off if successful. Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiip the wings are shredded and fall away.

If not.. a few 1000lbs of MDC dragon impacting the power armor likely had no good effects.

If you mean "PLUCK" them off as in grab hold of the wings and pull, there could be a point of contention but he could always do that with his hands, which are also clawed.

Not sure where you'd get that legs would break either. Dragons are naturally MDC unless your power armor some how does MDC levels of damage from a glancing blow or something, as a direct impact is bound to be much worse on the power armor than the dragon. lol. if the impact is strong enough to break MDC dragon legs that same damage should have been translated to the power armor. If not more.

(Like a gnat hitting a windshield. Or well more like a dog getting hit by a car. Sure it might mess up the grill a bit, but the dog is going to be splattered)

He could have grabbed them with his hands however the player clearly specified he was going to use his feet. As it was the player specifying how his charter was going to do it, other ways it could have been tried to do it are irrelevant to if it could be done as the player specified.

(the only possible damage I could see is either a body block tackle or high speed crash/ram damage, the body block would be unlikly to break a dragons legs, and the crash both sides would take damage.)

Pepsi Jedi
Palladin

My point is that a strike with the feet is still an MDC Claw attack. So ripping at them with your toe talons would still have the same effect, Unless the dragon was some how flying 100s of miles an hour and attempted to 'grab' and then 'rend'.

Simply raking them with the claws as one flew by the other would result in the wings rippingoff (If sufficient damage was done)

I do agree that with out signifigantly damaging the wings, they wouldn't just pop off. (( Benifit of MD Materials)

And yes. I agree that a slam of a (realitivly) Small object into a MDC dragon is unlikely to do literal mega damage to it, and if both sides WERE movng at sufficent speed and hit one another (Crash) it would hurt them both. Thus if it's enough to break the MD dragon's legs. It should be enough to break the MD wings on the power armor.

Blue_Lion
Knight

Pepsi Jedi wrote:My point is that a strike with the feet is still an MDC Claw attack. So ripping at them with your toe talons would still have the same effect, Unless the dragon was some how flying 100s of miles an hour and attempted to 'grab' and then 'rend'.

Simply raking them with the claws as one flew by the other would result in the wings rippingoff (If sufficient damage was done)

I do agree that with out signifigantly damaging the wings, they wouldn't just pop off. (( Benifit of MD Materials)

And yes. I agree that a slam of a (realitivly) Small object into a MDC dragon is unlikely to do literal mega damage to it, and if both sides WERE movng at sufficent speed and hit one another (Crash) it would hurt them both. Thus if it's enough to break the MD dragon's legs. It should be enough to break the MD wings on the power armor.

Your point does seam addressed by the original post as he said they rolled for damage and it was not sufficient to destroy the wings. so they where not sheered off.

Actually a slam from a PA would be the body block tackle and it literally do MDC. He said he treated the ram as simultaneous attack, ram damage is to my understanding defaulted to main body unless you have a ramming plow.

Khanibal
Hero
Comment: Anything worth killing is worth overkilling.

Unread post by Khanibal »

You're SDC, a car is SDC. Rip the side mirror off a passing car and let us know how that worked out for you.
"Then one day, I was just walking down the street and I heard a voice behind me say, 'Reach for it Mister.', and I spun around and there I was face to face with a six-year-old kid.
Well, I just threw my guns down, walked away. Little bastard shot me in the ass.”

-Waco Kid (Blazing Saddles)
Axelmania
Knight

Unread post by Axelmania »

I don't think that comparison works, as MDC creatures can jump on MD grenades in a way that SDC creatures cannot jump on mundane grenades.
Khanibal
Hero
Comment: Anything worth killing is worth overkilling.

Unread post by Khanibal »

Okay, how about this: You're a 230lb linebacker and you tackle a 230lb fullback running at 200mph, without pads.
"Then one day, I was just walking down the street and I heard a voice behind me say, 'Reach for it Mister.', and I spun around and there I was face to face with a six-year-old kid.
Well, I just threw my guns down, walked away. Little bastard shot me in the ass.”

-Waco Kid (Blazing Saddles)
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin

Blue_Lion wrote:
Pepsi Jedi wrote:My point is that a strike with the feet is still an MDC Claw attack. So ripping at them with your toe talons would still have the same effect, Unless the dragon was some how flying 100s of miles an hour and attempted to 'grab' and then 'rend'.

Your point does seam addressed by the original post as he said they rolled for damage and it was not sufficient to destroy the wings. so they where not sheered off.

Actually a slam from a PA would be the body block tackle and it literally do MDC. He said he treated the ram as simultaneous attack, ram damage is to my understanding defaulted to main body unless you have a ramming plow.

The point's not addressed because the OP stipulates that a dragon couldn't do so because it didn't have prehensile back feet.

The lack of sufficent damage would yes mean that the strike did not 'succeed' in sheering off the wings, but such is still a viable attack.

Can you point me to the pages pertaining to MD tackles? I'd need to review such. I'm going to guess that it's not likely enough to shatter a dragon's legs though.

Pepsi Jedi
Palladin

Khanibal wrote:You're SDC, a car is SDC. Rip the side mirror off a passing car and let us know how that worked out for you.

Am I 20 feet tall, 50 ft long, with a wing span of 100 ft, weigh 20tons, and a dragon? With Supernatural strength and Claws as strong if not stronger than swords and military grade weaponry? It'd work out pretty good.

To be more apt though it wouldn't be a car. it'd be a motorcycle. But still.

Yeah. Pretty fair bet that the Dragon's gonna be just fine.

Pepsi Jedi
Palladin

Khanibal wrote:Okay, how about this: You're a 230lb linebacker and you tackle a 230lb fullback running at 200mph, without pads.

The Dragon hatchling is about 20 tons..... A 20 Ton anything tackling a 230lbs anything is going to come out much better. lol. And the Dragon 'does' have pads. Via it's MDC body (Or in SDC worlds. LOADS of SDC)

To be more apt though. 20 Ton Dragon Hatchling verus *looks it up* 340lbs samus.

So that's a 40,000lbs dragon hitting a 340lbs samus. lol

An average car weighs about 4,000 pounds. 1/10th of a Dragon hatchling. So lets divide the 340lbs Samus by 10 and we get 34lbs

So it'd be like a Car hitting a Corgi.

We all know what happens with that collision.

Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

iteration27 wrote:didnt the dragon hatchling mind bein used like that? i thought they were born as intelligent beings.

Ah I see how you can see that. The rules lawyer was a dragon hatchling and was attempting to act like a falcon.
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

taalismn wrote:
Zer0 Kay wrote:I was GMing a campaign the rules lawyer had decided to use his dragon hatchling like a falcon... never mind that they dont have talons but feet... and he attempted to snatch a SAMAS flying toward him at full speed out of the air by yanking off its wings mid air. I had him roll, successful strike, Roll damage, did a minor amount. Nope the wings are damaged but because you didn't sheer them off in this suicidal maneuver you also receive damage (treating it as a simultanious attack) roll damage... your legs are broken. Rules Lawyer pitches a fit complaining that it isn't possible and it's not in the rules. I asked him to show me where shearing off wings just from a grab attack done with non-prehensile feet between two objects of similar mass with the oppositions airspeed being much higher was. He just got up said he was done and stormed off. .

Apparently never saw two hawks fighting in midair...they don't tear wings off, they TUMBLE through the air.

That's two hawks. This is a hawk vs. An equally massed arrow traveling several times faster than it.
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

And THAT was pretty punny... all. Lovecrafty you mean?
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin

Zer0 Kay wrote:
taalismn wrote:

That's two hawks. This is a hawk vs. An equally massed arrow traveling several times faster than it.

No.. A dragon Hatchling weighs about 20 tons. A samus 340lbs Not Equally massed at all.

Seriously it's the difference between a Sedan and a Corgi.

Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Pepsi Jedi wrote:
Zer0 Kay wrote:
taalismn wrote:

No.. A dragon Hatchling weighs about 20 tons. A samus 340lbs Not Equally massed at all.

Hmm a hatchling pre growth spurt is 20 tons?
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin

Zer0 Kay wrote:
Pepsi Jedi wrote:
Zer0 Kay wrote:
taalismn wrote:

When hatched they're 4-8 tons

Hatchings reach 80% of full size in under 3 months. They remain at that 80% mark until they hit about 600 years old.

So assuming your char is about 3 months old in game, then they'll be 80% the size of adults.

I cracked open the conversion book and checked (Used the horned dragon I believe, as it's the most standard 'DRAGON" of the Dragons). Adult size is like 30 tons so I just rounded down a bit. Technically 20 tons would be 2/3ds or 66%. 80% of 30 tons would be 24 tons. But 20 made for easier conversation and math.

So yeah. 24 tons at 3D4 weeks of hatching.

Even if you just crawled out of an egg you're still 4-8 tons and 30 feet long. which is 8,000 to 16,000lbs Which is still way more than enough to make the point. Just not quite as dramatic as 20 or 24 tons. lol

A 340lbs PA getting smeared by a 4 to 8 ton(8,00lbs to 16,000lbs) dragon is pretty much as smeared as by a 24 ton Dragon. After a certain point you're just hitting a wall.

Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Pepsi Jedi wrote:
Zer0 Kay wrote:
Pepsi Jedi wrote:
Zer0 Kay wrote:
taalismn wrote:Apparently never saw two hawks fighting in midair...they don't tear wings off, they TUMBLE through the air.

When hatched they're 4-8 tons

Hatchings reach 80% of full size in under 3 months. They remain at that 80% mark until they hit about 600 years old.

So assuming your char is about 3 months old in game, then they'll be 80% the size of adults.

I cracked open the conversion book and checked (Used the horned dragon I believe, as it's the most standard 'DRAGON" of the Dragons). Adult size is like 30 tons so I just rounded down a bit. Technically 20 tons would be 2/3ds or 66%. 80% of 30 tons would be 24 tons. But 20 made for easier conversation and math.

So yeah. 24 tons at 3D4 weeks of hatching.

Even if you just crawled out of an egg you're still 4-8 tons and 30 feet long. which is 8,000 to 16,000lbs Which is still way more than enough to make the point. Just not quite as dramatic as 20 or 24 tons. lol

A 340lbs PA getting smeared by a 4 to 8 ton(8,00lbs to 16,000lbs) dragon is pretty much as smeared as by a 24 ton Dragon. After a certain point you're just hitting a wall.

How is two jet engines heavy armor and a gun only 340 lbs. Rediculous. It isnt the heaviest but is heavier than standard armor and has actuators.

Okay so 340lbs to 1600 lbs and speeds?

Return to “Rifts®”