TW golem

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Blue_Lion
Knight

TW golem

Unread post by Blue_Lion »

So if the tech equivalent of a golem is a robot, and you where a TW with access all invocations 1-15 how would you build a TW golem?
Note:the exact formula does not matter just what features and stats.

Example.

Larry Lion's robo-golem
This automated robot is moves under the power of the golem spell. It heart is a gem encrusted bio-ppe reactor. This device contains large amount of single cell organisms with a high natural PPE level. A sustain spell is used to keep them alive and a chain of drain life and life source is used to draw out PPE to recharge the PPE batteries at the rate of 12 PPE per hour. A small TW generator is installed to provide power to the electronics.

MDC
Main body 160
arms 35
Hands 15
Legs 50
feet 15
head 75

Speed 64MPH
Swimming not posible
PS equal to SN 25
AI computer to augment the golem IQ 10-Skills of note(all equal to level 4)- carpentry, military fortification, trap mine construction, Detect trap, detect ambush, track humanoids, track animals, prowl, pilot automobiles, pilot hover cycles, wp sword, wp blunt, wp energy pistol, wp heavy energy.

Sensors radar 2 mile range
Thermal graphic and inferred optics (has a built in talisman to see invisible)
enhanced hearing.

Tech Weapons
Eye lasers- 2d6 MD holds 15 shots
Range 500'
Payload 15 (recharges at the rate of 1 per hour)

Rail gun-carries a rail modified NG rail gun, with drum and power source attached to back.
Damage 1d6X10 MD per 40 round burst
Range 1 mile

TW features(equal to level 4 caster)
Power PPE bio plant.
See the invisible (constant)
Golem regeneration
TW generator with call lighting recharge(15)
Flame sword(left fore arm) 4d6 MD (7)
Ice sword (right arm) 3d6 MD (9)
Armor of ithan (10)
impervious to energy (20)
Invisibilty superior (20)
PPE batery with 160 PPE.
The Clones are coming you shall all be replaced, but who is to say you have not been replaced already.

Master of Type-O and the obvios.

Soon my army oc clones and winged-monkies will rule the world but first, must .......

I may debate canon and RAW, but the games I run are highly house ruled. So I am not debating for how I play but about how the system works as written.
13eowulf
Megaversal® Ambassador

Re: TW golem

Unread post by 13eowulf »

One of the Rifters (21 I think) has additional Familiar rules for Rifts, including ways to enhance familiars, and spell that specifically interact with familiars, as well as special Rifts type familiars.

One such familiar, the Action Golem, is a TW creation, an action figure brought to life via TW magic, and made into a familiar.

I would think that a non-familiar version would be possible as well, perhaps on a large scale, as a TW golem.

Incidentally in another Rifter (I want to say 44, but not at my books) as a TW full conversion borg. I would think that many of the components available there may cross over to a TW version of a golem.
Oderint Dum Metuant.
Blue_Lion
Knight

13eowulf wrote:One of the Rifters (21 I think) has additional Familiar rules for Rifts, including ways to enhance familiars, and spell that specifically interact with familiars, as well as special Rifts type familiars.

One such familiar, the Action Golem, is a TW creation, an action figure brought to life via TW magic, and made into a familiar.

I would think that a non-familiar version would be possible as well, perhaps on a large scale, as a TW golem.

Incidentally in another Rifter (I want to say 44, but not at my books) as a TW full conversion borg. I would think that many of the components available there may cross over to a TW version of a golem.

That was completely irrelevant to the challenge presented.
This was a challenge to design your own TW robot/golem.
The Clones are coming you shall all be replaced, but who is to say you have not been replaced already.

Soon my army oc clones and winged-monkies will rule the world but first, must .......

I may debate canon and RAW, but the games I run are highly house ruled. So I am not debating for how I play but about how the system works as written.
13eowulf
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by 13eowulf »

Blue_Lion wrote:
13eowulf wrote:One of the Rifters (21 I think) has additional Familiar rules for Rifts, including ways to enhance familiars, and spell that specifically interact with familiars, as well as special Rifts type familiars.

It may not have been exactly what you were looking for, but printed examples of a TW golem construct and TW creation features potentially crossable in combos that some may not think of are hardly irrelevant.

I posted that (and this) from my phone as a way to help others, with the initial intent of coming at this later when I have time at an actual computer.

Given your immediate and obvious hostility to anything outside what you desire as a response I am now disinclined to do so, and would encourage others to pass to avoid unpleasantness by running afoul of your preconceived notions of a "proper" response.
Oderint Dum Metuant.
Blue_Lion
Knight

13eowulf wrote:
Blue_Lion wrote:

It may not have been exactly what you were looking for, but printed examples of a TW golem construct and TW creation features potentially crossable in combos that some may not think of are hardly irrelevant.

I posted that (and this) from my phone as a way to help others, with the initial intent of coming at this later when I have time at an actual computer.

Given your immediate and obvious hostility to anything outside what you desire as a response I am now disinclined to do so, and would encourage others to pass to avoid unpleasantness by running afoul of your preconceived notions of a "proper" response.

Sorry you misunderstood my intent with the reply. I was already aware of the material in the rifters. What I was presenting was a challenge for people to design robot golems of there own. The inent of my reply to you was, to try clear up what I thought was a misunderstanding. The point was to create you own robot golem, not list ones on the books. A design challenge not a reference search.

Return to “Rifts®”