An military styled jerry-rigger OOCs?

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Sohisohi
Explorer

An military styled jerry-rigger OOCs?

Unread post by Sohisohi »

Greetings, I've been looking for a occ/pcc/rcc that can basically patch together various war machines. Pretty much bring able to make a plane from: a downed samus, washed up MDC boat, and half a hover bike. I looked around and was thinking that maybe I would start with the the Rouge Scientist or Robot Controller as a base point, but both have their issues...

Anything in these books, besides a technowizard, that comes close to what I am looking for?
dragonfett
Knight

Re: An military styled jerry-rigger OOCs?

Unread post by dragonfett »

As far as I can tell, it's more about skill selection. That being said, the Operator OCC gets special OCC only abilities that also might help.
Under the Pain of Death
I would Stand Alone
Against an Army of Darkness
And Horrors Unknown
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Unread post by eliakon »

Your probably looking for something a bit more cinematic than an Operator.
In which case I would suggest looking at the N&SS Gizmoteer classes, or the Hardware classes in Heroes Unlimited.
Those games have far more over the top, cinematic characters who can do the A-Team montage thing and turn a golf cart into a tank with some drain piping and plywood.
Or. as you said... build a suit of power armor out of scrap, or salvage up an airplane out of a junk yard or what have you.
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Blue_Lion
Knight

Unread post by Blue_Lion »

umm. sounds like the idea is a varrent of the gizmo class idea in ninjas and super spies.

Honestly it sounds like a military operator or TW would fill the roll with the right skills.
It really comes down to skills and GMs.
The Clones are coming you shall all be replaced, but who is to say you have not been replaced already.

Master of Type-O and the obvios.

Soon my army oc clones and winged-monkies will rule the world but first, must .......

I may debate canon and RAW, but the games I run are highly house ruled. So I am not debating for how I play but about how the system works as written.
Colonel_Tetsuya
Champion

Unread post by Colonel_Tetsuya »

Technical Officer. Thats like.. literally what they are. They get access to all the mechanical and electrical skills required to repair and build things.

Or an Operator or TW with some military-styled skill selections. My current cameo-character for games is a (Space) Wolfen Techno-Wizard who is a UWW Warlock Marine (in this case, the company Armorer). All it really required to make it work was a few military style skills (Fortification, Vehicle Armorer, Armorer, etc), a few WPs (E Rifle, E pistol, Heavy MD, and, later learned on earth, Shotgun), etc.
Im loving the Foes list; it's the only thing keeping me from tearing out my eyes from the dumb.
Sohisohi
Explorer

Colonel_Tetsuya wrote:Technical Officer.

Book?
dreicunan
Hero

Unread post by dreicunan »

Sohisohi wrote:
Colonel_Tetsuya wrote:Technical Officer.

Book?

Rifts Ultimate Edition page. 236. You'd need to cover your skill needs between the MOS you choose and your OCC Related skills.

The Field Mechanic from Triax (WB5) would be worth looking at as well.
Axelmania wrote:You of course, being the ultimate authority on what is an error and what is not.
Declared the ultimate authority on what is an error and what is not by Axelmania on 5.11.19.
Sohisohi
Explorer

eliakon wrote:Or. as you said... build a suit of power armor out of scrap, or salvage up an airplane out of a junk yard or what have you.
Well, my main goal is not to be able to manufacture these vehicles from the ground up. Instead, simply having the ability to re-use/re-apply already produced parts to create something new (i.e. knowing what a circuit board is and being able to use it without necessarily knowing how to manufacture one from the ground up). So in my previous example of making a plane: the washed up boat acts as a the fuselage of the plane, although the main body is damaged on the samas its jet is not and can act as the propulsion system along with a lateral/longitudinal controls, and the hover system from half a hover-bike gives you your altitude capacity and additional balance/stability when placed under the vehicles CG. The character would understand these concepts, and how they could reuse other parts from other vehicles, but they wouldn't be able to manufacture it from the ground up what so ever. Effectively, they'd just be a pretty impressive maintenance personnel.

dreicunan wrote:The Field Mechanic from Triax (WB5) would be worth looking at as well.
I glossed over some of the main mechanics for the various human factions. But, I've found them all to be slightly lacking. I wasn't surprised though, besides GA, all these factions are built around piloting/maintaining robots, mecha, or power armor. I simply won't have the skill points to spec into what I want without heavy holes early-game or starting Lv5/6...

If I multi-class: Hardware Hero (Heroes), Tinker Gizmoteer (Spies), & Psy-Operator (Rifts); then I'd be able to run just about everything I want, and then some, merely at Lv3. Though, getting a GM to actually accept any multi-OCC is going to be the hard part. Technical officer could work, but I'd have to be allowed to re-spec into a different division instead of leveling (which is also going to require GM hand-waving). Only other option I have, unless a Rifter covers a similar techno-PCC/OCC, then I could always just homebrew a class... But that, like everything I've suggested...
Blue_Lion wrote:It really comes down to skills and GMs.
Nightmask
Palladin

Unread post by Nightmask »

Thing is to be able to do the kind of things you want you kind of DO have to know how to build things from the ground up, it's that extensive knowledge that lets them know how to take and re-purpose things in the fashion you want. If you don't know how the things work how can you know how to reuse them for other things? That's how the N&SS Gizmoteer classes work for example, the character has a comprehensive knowledge of the particular fields that they select which lets them kitbash things together in ways they were never originally meant to be used.
Fair warning: I consider being called a munchkin a highly offensive slur and do report people when they err in doing so.

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

It's 'canon', not 'cannon'. A cannon is a big gun like on pirate ships, canon is what you mean when referring to something as being contained within one of the books such as how many dice to roll for a stat.
dreicunan
Hero

Re: Reply

Sohisohi wrote:
eliakon wrote:Or. as you said... build a suit of power armor out of scrap, or salvage up an airplane out of a junk yard or what have you.
Well, my main goal is not to be able to manufacture these vehicles from the ground up. Instead, simply having the ability to re-use/re-apply already produced parts to create something new (i.e. knowing what a circuit board is and being able to use it without necessarily knowing how to manufacture one from the ground up). So in my previous example of making a plane: the washed up boat acts as a the fuselage of the plane, although the main body is damaged on the samas its jet is not and can act as the propulsion system along with a lateral/longitudinal controls, and the hover system from half a hover-bike gives you your altitude capacity and additional balance/stability when placed under the vehicles CG. The character would understand these concepts, and how they could reuse other parts from other vehicles, but they wouldn't be able to manufacture it from the ground up what so ever. Effectively, they'd just be a pretty impressive maintenance personnel.

dreicunan wrote:The Field Mechanic from Triax (WB5) would be worth looking at as well.
I glossed over some of the main mechanics for the various human factions. But, I've found them all to be slightly lacking. I wasn't surprised though, besides GA, all these factions are built around piloting/maintaining robots, mecha, or power armor. I simply won't have the skill points to spec into what I want without heavy holes early-game or starting Lv5/6...

If I multi-class: Hardware Hero (Heroes), Tinker Gizmoteer (Spies), & Psy-Operator (Rifts); then I'd be able to run just about everything I want, and then some, merely at Lv3. Though, getting a GM to actually accept any multi-OCC is going to be the hard part. Technical officer could work, but I'd have to be allowed to re-spec into a different division instead of leveling (which is also going to require GM hand-waving). Only other option I have, unless a Rifter covers a similar techno-PCC/OCC, then I could always just homebrew a class... But that, like everything I've suggested...
Blue_Lion wrote:It really comes down to skills and GMs.

Just run a psi-tech from Psyscape (WB12 p. 74-76). Part of the class description mentions them being "able to figure out how to piece together a working machine in a flash of psychic insight just by looking at parts and components." Sounds like exactly what you are looking to have, with the bonus of no isp cost telemechanics whenever you want it.
Axelmania wrote:You of course, being the ultimate authority on what is an error and what is not.
Declared the ultimate authority on what is an error and what is not by Axelmania on 5.11.19.
Mack
Supreme Being
Comment: This space for rent.

Unread post by Mack »

Definitely pick a Psi-Tech.
Some gave all.
Love your neighbor.
Know the facts. Know your opinion. Know the difference.
Sohisohi
Explorer

dreicunan wrote:Just run a psi-tech from Psyscape (WB12 p. 74-76). Part of the class description mentions them being "able to figure out how to piece together a working machine in a flash of psychic insight just by looking at parts and components." Sounds like exactly what you are looking to have, with the bonus of no isp cost telemechanics whenever you want it.
Mack wrote:Definitely pick a Psi-Tech.
"can run Telemechanics continuously"; yup, pretty much what I was looking for.
Thanks for the assist, only downside is that the characters background is heavily scripted but whatever.
Figured that if a class like what I was looking for existed, it would have to be a PCC or RCC because of the ~15 skill limit.
Colonel_Tetsuya
Champion

What skill limit?
Im loving the Foes list; it's the only thing keeping me from tearing out my eyes from the dumb.
dreicunan
Hero

Sohisohi wrote:
dreicunan wrote:Just run a psi-tech from Psyscape (WB12 p. 74-76). Part of the class description mentions them being "able to figure out how to piece together a working machine in a flash of psychic insight just by looking at parts and components." Sounds like exactly what you are looking to have, with the bonus of no isp cost telemechanics whenever you want it.
Mack wrote:Definitely pick a Psi-Tech.
"can run Telemechanics continuously"; yup, pretty much what I was looking for.
Thanks for the assist, only downside is that the characters background is heavily scripted but whatever.
Figured that if a class like what I was looking for existed, it would have to be a PCC or RCC because of the ~15 skill limit.

I have the same question as Colonel_Tetsuya regarding the skill limit.

I'm also curious about your perception of the background being heavily scripted. It is full of "tend to" statements, but that does not equal "always." If your Psi-tech has a MA of 17 and a ME of 19, he's probably getting along with people just fine and not easily intimidated by anyone. I read the OCC as being rather open for a player to come up with almost any background that you'd want. Remember, the Psi-Tech doesn't have to be from Psyscape. They aren't even human exclusive. Elves, Ogres, and "other" are all options, so basically any psychic capable race would be fair game.
Sohisohi
Explorer

Colonel_Tetsuya wrote:What skill limit?
dreicunan wrote:I have the same question as Colonel_Tetsuya regarding the skill limit.
Oh, just pointing out that OCC skills (what you get when picking a class) tend to be around ~15 skills. But, because palladium wants each class to be somewhat rounded they will throw in some extras. On top of that, you need some prerequisite skills if you plan on going mechanic; such as: computer operation, literacy, programing, Advance mathematics, engineering, etc. That and each specific vehicle area requires a technical and electrical pick, on top of other more general skills needed to soup-up/repair just that one pick. After all of that, you actually only have enough skill selection (with OCC related skills) to go fully into 3-4 different vehicle types. Now, granted, to some that might be enough since you can go PA or Mecha, boats/ships, planes, and automobiles; but for me, it's not enough. Even If I build my own class, from the ground up, I'd probably run into the same issue. Hence why I was hoping an RCC or PCC relied on the technical psy powers to circumvent the way palladium normally makes classes, which it ended up playing out that way.

dreicunan wrote:I'm also curious about your perception of the background being heavily scripted. It is full of "tend to" statements, but that does not equal "always." If your Psi-tech has a MA of 17 and a ME of 19, he's probably getting along with people just fine and not easily intimidated by anyone.
If it is written down, it law. I have no intention of bringing a snowflaked character to the table (if it can be avoided), though this is more of a personal criticism on my part.
Sir Dellis
Explorer
Comment: There is nothing like wearing Maize and Blue in a sea of putrid Scarlet and Gray.

Unread post by Sir Dellis »

There are also certain situations where if your character has psionics that you are supposed to reduce the number of OCC related and/or secondary skills based on the level of psionics that the character has. I am sure that it is listed in RUE under the psionics section for character creation.

I personally skip this rule as a house rule but I know that it is there
Colonel_Tetsuya
Champion

Sohisohi wrote:
Colonel_Tetsuya wrote:What skill limit?
dreicunan wrote:I have the same question as Colonel_Tetsuya regarding the skill limit.
Oh, just pointing out that OCC skills (what you get when picking a class) tend to be around ~15 skills. But, because palladium wants each class to be somewhat rounded they will throw in some extras. On top of that, you need some prerequisite skills if you plan on going mechanic; such as: computer operation, literacy, programing, Advance mathematics, engineering, etc. That and each specific vehicle area requires a technical and electrical pick,

No, actually it doesn't. Electrical Engineering and Mechanical Engineering pretty much cover everything. You dont need Aircraft Mechanics, for instance, to work on Aircraft - Mechanical Engineering will do you just fine. The "lower" tier skills are there for classes who cant get all of the skills and/or for when you want more success chance - for instance, Automotive Engineering has a higher success chance than Mechanical Engineer, so in any case where you can use that, you will.

on top of other more general skills needed to soup-up/repair just that one pick.

Huh?

Vehicle Armorer covers souping up all vehicles, pretty much.

After all of that, you actually only have enough skill selection (with OCC related skills) to go fully into 3-4 different vehicle types. Now, granted, to some that might be enough since you can go PA or Mecha, boats/ships, planes, and automobiles; but for me, it's not enough. Even If I build my own class, from the ground up, I'd probably run into the same issue. Hence why I was hoping an RCC or PCC relied on the technical psy powers to circumvent the way palladium normally makes classes, which it ended up playing out that way.

I think you have a rather serious misapprehension of how the skills work in Palladium.

dreicunan wrote:I'm also curious about your perception of the background being heavily scripted. It is full of "tend to" statements, but that does not equal "always." If your Psi-tech has a MA of 17 and a ME of 19, he's probably getting along with people just fine and not easily intimidated by anyone.
If it is written down, it law. I have no intention of bringing a snowflaked character to the table (if it can be avoided), though this is more of a personal criticism on my part.

So how do you reconcile when things that are written ("its law!") outright contradict one another? (Example: We are outright told Technowizardry developed on Rifts Earth, and that all Technowizards are goggle-faffing WW2 pilot wannabees... except the Splugorth have been practicing Technowizardry for tens of thousands of years as have the inhabitants of the Three Galaxies - where the TW is so advanced that it does NOT look like weird neo-Steampunk junk but just like any other technology)

If, in your world, every LLW is a dress-wearing sissy, and every TW is a bomber-jacket-wearing, goggle-bound moron.... i'm glad im not at that table.

I find it ironic that you wont bring a "snowflaked" character to the table, but want a character that can literally do everything. That's specifically something Palladium usually tries to disallow.

While i am not saying Psi-tech is a bad class for what you want (it isn't), i think you massively overlook what other classes bring to the table.

For example, as an Operator:

(OCC skills)
Computer Ops
Computer Repair
Electrical Engineer
Jury-Rig
Mechanical Engineer
Weapons Engineer

Robot Electronics
Vehicle Armorer (which gives Basic Mechanics @ +20, AND the ability to drive all military vehicles and trucks at base proficiency. This skill RULES).
Robot Mechanics
Automotive Mechanics (and you can take this as a secondary skill to free this up if you want something else).
Field Armorer
Advanced Math
Computer Programing
Weapon Systems

You can literally do -everything- with those skills related to vehicles. (No bionics or cybernetics though). AND still have the cool additional soup-up abilities that the Operator gets. + Any Technical skill as secondary skills.

Or, as a Technowizard:

(OCC Skills)
Computer Ops
Computer Programming
Computer Repair
Basic Electronics
Mechanical Engineer

Electrical Engineer
Robot Electronics
Robot Mechanics
Weapon Systems
Field Armorer
Weapons Engineer
Vehicle Armorer

Weapon Systems (as Sec)
Automotive Mechanics (as Sec)

Again, every vehicle covered. With both you have some extra room to use science and technical skills to get a few other options (MacGyver-like making explosives via found-stuff with Chem skills). And as a TW you can even add stuff to the vehicles you make to make them better (Armor of Ithan, Impervious to Energy, swapping the power source to PPE/ISP, etc). TW's also get Telemechanics and other Psi-powers that help them with machines.

Again, Psi-tech is a prefectly viable class for this.. but so are Operator and TW, and most other classes that get a decent skill selection. You can even do it with Rogue Scholar and Rogue Scientist fairly easily. They get more than enough skill selections.
Last edited by Colonel_Tetsuya on Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Colonel_Tetsuya
Champion

Sir Dellis wrote:There are also certain situations where if your character has psionics that you are supposed to reduce the number of OCC related and/or secondary skills based on the level of psionics that the character has. I am sure that it is listed in RUE under the psionics section for character creation.

Nope, this was removed in RUE. It actually (ironically) only applies to the Psi-Operator option, if you take that.

You can roll Major Psionics (or choose them) without sacrificing OCC related skills.
Sir Dellis
Explorer
Comment: There is nothing like wearing Maize and Blue in a sea of putrid Scarlet and Gray.

Unread post by Sir Dellis »

Colonel_Tetsuya wrote:
Sir Dellis wrote:There are also certain situations where if your character has psionics that you are supposed to reduce the number of OCC related and/or secondary skills based on the level of psionics that the character has. I am sure that it is listed in RUE under the psionics section for character creation.

Nope, this was removed in RUE. It actually (ironically) only applies to the Psi-Operator option, if you take that.

You can roll Major Psionics (or choose them) without sacrificing OCC related skills.

ahh, nice to know. I did know about the Operator OCC losing skills if you become a "psi-operator". My wife recently created her first Rifts character (an operator) and she let out a couple curse words at the possibility of losing skills, LOL :)
Colonel_Tetsuya
Champion

Sir Dellis wrote:
Colonel_Tetsuya wrote:

ahh, nice to know. I did know about the Operator OCC losing skills if you become a "psi-operator". My wife recently created her first Rifts character (an operator) and she let out a couple curse words at the possibility of losing skills, LOL :)

It actually makes the Techno-Wizard a more attractive option for the party mechanic/repair guy to me, honestly. They dont get the cool class abilities the Operator gets (souping up stuff, repairs on the cheap) that stack swith/work better than ‘traditional’ abilities/skills....

But they get a similar skill stack, the ability to do TW mods (obviously), AND they automatically get the useful psi-powers (Telemechanics, Machine Ghost, Total Recall, etc) without skill loss.
dreicunan
Hero

Sohisohi wrote:
Even accepting you argument, the "law" in this case says that they tend to be, not that they all are. Psi-Techs who are very comfortable being the life of the party with a huge circle of friends have to exist in order for what is written to be true!

If you roll 17 for MA and 19 for ME, getting along with people and not being easily intimidated isn't "snowflaking" anything. It is actually playing your character according to the stats! Kevin S would heartily approve.
Sohisohi
Explorer

Colonel_Tetsuya wrote:No, actually it doesn't. Electrical Engineering and Mechanical Engineering pretty much cover everything. You dont need Aircraft Mechanics, for instance, to work on Aircraft - Mechanical Engineering will do you just fine. The "lower" tier skills are there for classes who cant get all of the skills and/or for when you want more success chance - for instance, Automotive Engineering has a higher success chance than Mechanical Engineer, so in any case where you can use that, you will.

I think you have a rather serious misapprehension of how the skills work in Palladium.

Admittedly I don't, I haven't played many games and most of the time I'm GMing among family. There is alot I end up looking over.

Colonel_Tetsuya wrote: how do you reconcile when things that are written ("its law!") outright contradict one another? (Example: We are outright told Technowizardry developed on Rifts Earth, and that all Technowizards are goggle-faffing WW2 pilot wannabees... except the Splugorth have been practicing Technowizardry for tens of thousands of years as have the inhabitants of the Three Galaxies - where the TW is so advanced that it does NOT look like weird neo-Steampunk junk but just like any other technology)

I always considered 3G to be the Rifts Earth dimension, but in the future. Since eventually the milkyway and Andromeda will hit, but there is also another Galaxy tailing Andromeda. So, effectively, there will be 3 Galaxies close by to one another. Unless otherwise stated, Ad Hoc it away. If you can't, the you go to court- palladium being the judge ruling on the matter. That being said. . .
dreicunan wrote:Even accepting you argument, the "law" in this case says that they tend to be, not that they all are. Psi-Techs who are very comfortable being the life of the party with a huge circle of friends have to exist in order for what is written to be true!

If you roll 17 for MA and 19 for ME, getting along with people and not being easily intimidated isn't "snowflaking" anything. It is actually playing your character according to the stats! Kevin S would heartily approve.

And it outright states that would be the case, if machines are part of the conversation. Outside of that, text seemed pretty clear. We both know that type of background would not have been written unless you where expected to play it. The law is the law.

Colonel_Tetsuya wrote: I find it ironic that you wont bring a "snowflaked" character to the table, but want a character that can literally do everything. That's specifically something Palladium usually tries to disallow.
Now I find that hard to believe , beings that you posted every class that could do everything I wanted straight from the RUE. I'm pretty sure that Palladium has openly asserted that some classes are simply better than others, so I'm not sure as to why you'd come to such a conclusion.
Colonel_Tetsuya
Champion

The Three Galaxies are not the future of our galaxy. For one, there are stable portals between the two universes (at least four portals from Earth to Center alone), and other portals can be opened by Shifters or other Magic users, using spells that definitely cannot transcend billions of years of time. Time also passes concurrently between the two universes.

And that still wouldnt solve the issue of Technowizardry pre-dating Rifts Earth by (potentially) hundreds of thousands of years, as the Splugorth have been practicing it for who knows how long (but at least ~40,000 years or so in the Three Galaxies alone) because we dont know how far back the Splugorth go... other than “a really long ways”.

Point i was trying to make is.... “whats written is law”, particularly with Palladium and most definitely with Rifts, leaves you with a game that is literally unlplayable.
Blue_Lion
Knight

Unread post by Blue_Lion »

Colonel_Tetsuya wrote:The Three Galaxies are not the future of our galaxy. For one, there are stable portals between the two universes (at least four portals from Earth to Center alone), and other portals can be opened by Shifters or other Magic users, using spells that definitely cannot transcend billions of years of time. Time also passes concurrently between the two universes.

And that still wouldnt solve the issue of Technowizardry pre-dating Rifts Earth by (potentially) hundreds of thousands of years, as the Splugorth have been practicing it for who knows how long (but at least ~40,000 years or so in the Three Galaxies alone) because we dont know how far back the Splugorth go... other than “a really long ways”.

Point i was trying to make is.... “whats written is law”, particularly with Palladium and most definitely with Rifts, leaves you with a game that is literally unlplayable.

The impression I got was earth existed in phase world dimension and rifts dimention as well as HU, Ninjas and superspies. They are all different dimensions with none really being ours. (phase world and rifts repesent a possible future of our dimension.

(and it is playable unless you are a computer.)
The Clones are coming you shall all be replaced, but who is to say you have not been replaced already.

Master of Type-O and the obvios.

Soon my army oc clones and winged-monkies will rule the world but first, must .......

I may debate canon and RAW, but the games I run are highly house ruled. So I am not debating for how I play but about how the system works as written.
Colonel_Tetsuya
Champion

Blue_Lion wrote:The impression I got was earth existed in phase world dimension and rifts dimention as well as HU, Ninjas and superspies. They are all different dimensions with none really being ours. (phase world and rifts repesent a possible future of our dimension.

(and it is playable unless you are a computer.)

Thats a strange impression to get when were told outright that while there are several planets called “Earth” in the Three Galaxies, NONE of them are really Earth, and Earth doesnt exist there.

Not to mention that the Corskrew is too small to be the Milky Way (about 15,000 LY too small) and the other two are even smaller.

It is NOT an “alternate Earth” like HU or Splicers or Nightbane. Its a separate dimension entirely.

And no, if you try to play by the rules, as written, the game isnt playable. You cant even create a character.
dreicunan
Hero

Sohisohi wrote:
dreicunan wrote:Even accepting you argument, the "law" in this case says that they tend to be, not that they all are. Psi-Techs who are very comfortable being the life of the party with a huge circle of friends have to exist in order for what is written to be true!

And it outright states that would be the case, if machines are part of the conversation. Outside of that, text seemed pretty clear. We both know that type of background would not have been written unless you where expected to play it. The law is the law.
Okay, once again accepting your "law" argument, let's look at this.

"Most" are lousy with people, so by law not ALL are.

They "tend" to be quiet and shy, and thus by law can't ALL be, or it wouldn't merely be a tendency.

"Many" are uncomfortable around normal people, and thus by law not ALL are (and in fact there is a strong argument to be made based on word choices in this section that MOST are NOT uncomfortable around normal people - "many" does not necesitate a majority").

"Most" lack social skills, and thus by law not ALL lack them (and by law only 50%+1 Psi-tech do, though the number could be higher)

They "tend" to underestimate themselves in other areas, which means by law that they don't always do so.

"The most insecure" shun contact with the outside world, and thus by law those whose insecurities do not place them in the category of the "most" insecure do not.

MA represents a character's personality, likeability, personal charm, and charisma. ME represents the amount of mental and emotional stress the character can stand, and we know from the penalties for low ME that a lack of it means that you are easily intimidated.

So, by law, if you have a Psi-Tech with a high MA and ME, you need to play the character as a social butterfly who is hardly intimidated by anything. :D
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

Sohisohi wrote:Greetings, I've been looking for a occ/pcc/rcc that can basically patch together various war machines. Pretty much bring able to make a plane from: a downed samus, washed up MDC boat, and half a hover bike. I looked around and was thinking that maybe I would start with the the Rouge Scientist or Robot Controller as a base point, but both have their issues...

Anything in these books, besides a technowizard, that comes close to what I am looking for?

OCC/RCC really isn't what you need here. You really need:
- a Race/Class that can select the proper skills (electrical and mechanical, maybe even some technical and military), others have mentioned the necessary skills
- the ability of the player and GM to see how you can re purpose X for a different role, or put another way the player has to be able to see how X can be used in Y role and a GM that can provide the necessary detail information.

Return to “Rifts®”