using MD weapons to parry SDC punches from SDC beings

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Re: using MD weapons to parry SDC punches from SDC beings

Unread post by Zer0 Kay »

dreicunan wrote:
Zer0 Kay wrote:
dreicunan wrote:
Zer0 Kay wrote:
The Beast wrote:Whether the blade is surrounded by the field or just the cutting edge gets the field is kind of irrelevant. What is relevant is if you'd take damage. I think a practical demonstration would work best, so everyone who's saying you would go get a couple of your friends, a knife and a video camera. Give one friend the knife, tell him to block your attacks with the knife, and then start punching him. Have the other one record it so you all can upload it to YouTube later so we can all see how it worked out for you. Just make sure that person hold their phone sideways if you record it with a smartphone. I hate watching those videos when they're held the wrong way.

And what does the N&S book say about blocks?
Well are we going to tell him to block or parry? The techniques are different

Allow me to once again point out that Palladium defines a parry as a block (See RUE p. 340 and 346, as well as every other version of the Palladium combat rules that I have seen so far except for Valley of the Pharaohs, which does not use the megaversal system).

So then what does N&S (a megaversal system that even has an MD weapon in it) about a block then?

N&S had the same language, but please see my post above regarding Rifts GMG p. 33, which defines a parry as either a deflection or a block.

Then ask the player or, if you are the player, the GM of the parry was a deflection or a block.
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid
Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech
Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus
The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
Shorty Lickens
Hero
Comment: Arrrrgggghhhh!

Unread post by Shorty Lickens »

To me, parry and deflect are the same.

And in an MDC world, I think I am OK with them also being a block.
http://incompetech.com/graphpaper/
Create and print dozens of different graph papers.
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Zer0 Kay »

Shorty Lickens wrote:To me, parry and deflect are the same.

And in an MDC world, I think I am OK with them also being a block.

Me too.

Parry = deflect
Block = ...block
Riposte = party plus counter strike
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid
Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech
Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus
The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)

Return to “Rifts®”