Chi-Town Location

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

dragonfett
Knight

Chi-Town Location

Unread post by dragonfett »

I think I just figured out where Chi-town is, roughly.
It's near Bloomington, Il.
I figured this out because one of the 'Burbs is called New Colfax.
Colfax is a suburb of Bloomington.
Bloomington is roughly 80 miles SW of Chicago.
Bloomington is the crossroads of two interstate.

Granted, this is all conjecture, but I feel it's very reasonable.
Under the Pain of Death
I would Stand Alone
Against an Army of Darkness
And Horrors Unknown
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin
Comment: Full of Love and C-4, give me a hug.

Re: Chi-Town Location

Unread post by Mech-Viper Prime »

The ruins of Old Chicago can be found some 80 miles northeast of Chi-Town
From the rmb
Ravenwing wrote:"Killing Dbee's isn't murder, they aren't human, it's pest control!"

Zardoz wrote:You have been raised up from Brutality, to kill the Brutals who multiply, and are legion. To this end, Zardoz your God gave you the gift of the Gun. The Gun is good!
dragonfett
Knight

That area between Bloomington to Colfax is just about 80 miles (someone had said Colfax is exactly 80 miles), and Chicago is northeast of that area.
Under the Pain of Death
I would Stand Alone
And Horrors Unknown
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Unread post by eliakon »

I can't recall which book had the adventure "The Obermax Imperative". I think it was the GM screen or something. Anyway in that adventure you go into the tunnels under Chi town which are explicitly identified as the ruins of some city (which one I can't recall sorry)
So we do have a canon answer... I just can't recall exactly where to look to find it.
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Axelmania
Knight

Unread post by Axelmania »

dragonfett wrote:I figured this out because one of the 'Burbs is called New Colfax.

Worth noting that "New York" is rather distant from York, "New Lazlo" is rather distant from Lazlo, "New England" is rather distant from England... I wouldn't jump to any conclusions here...
dragonfett
Knight

Axelmania wrote:
dragonfett wrote:I figured this out because one of the 'Burbs is called New Colfax.

Worth noting that "New York" is rather distant from York, "New Lazlo" is rather distant from Lazlo, "New England" is rather distant from England... I wouldn't jump to any conclusions here...

True, but it's in the roughly 80 miles away from Chicago to the southwest area, and it is right where I would build a mega-city (near the crossroads of two interstates).
Under the Pain of Death
I would Stand Alone
And Horrors Unknown
Blue_Lion
Knight

Unread post by Blue_Lion »

Axelmania wrote:

That was just one of the things he used. the distance and direction also match up to the books.
He came to the conclusion based off all the things he listed.

Bloomington is roughly 80 miles SW of Chicago.
Bloomington is the crossroads of two interstate

All those combined led to the conclusion.
The Clones are coming you shall all be replaced, but who is to say you have not been replaced already.

Master of Type-O and the obvios.

Soon my army oc clones and winged-monkies will rule the world but first, must .......

I may debate canon and RAW, but the games I run are highly house ruled. So I am not debating for how I play but about how the system works as written.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

To be fair, I think I can understand why the locals are vauge about it's direction "Go eighty miles northeast of Old Chicago, it's the Man-Made moutian with SAMAS flying air patrols 24/7, you can't miss it"
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Braden Campbell
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer

Unread post by Braden Campbell »

It's built on the current location of Colfax, Il. (This is stated in the old Rifts Adventure booklet mentioned previously.)

Also, the Colfax River is mentioned as running through the 'Burbs in the opening story of "Tales From the Chi-Town 'Burbs."
Braden, GMPhD

If that doesn't prompt you to buy it, I don't know what else I can say.

Return to “Rifts®”