Added MDC from Vehicle Armorer and Operator ability question

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Sir Dellis
Explorer
Comment: There is nothing like wearing Maize and Blue in a sea of putrid Scarlet and Gray.

Added MDC from Vehicle Armorer and Operator ability question

Unread post by Sir Dellis »

At level 2, an operator with the vehicle armorer skill can add 24 MDC to a vehicle per the skill description (RUE pg 312) and 5% from their Repair and Soup up vehicles OCC ability (RUE pg 92).

For arguments sake, the vehicle starts with 200 MDC. For determination of the vehicle's final augmented MDC, which skill/ability comes first?

Add the 24 from the skill and then the 5% from the 224 or calculate the 5% from the base MDC?

At level 2, the difference is only 1 MDC (234 vs 235), but at higher levels the difference could be much higher (20-30 MDC), so I just want to get it "right"
Blue_Lion
Knight

Re: Added MDC from Vehicle Armorer and Operator ability ques

Unread post by Blue_Lion »

Now here is a fun question does the limit on how much armor that can be added to a vehicle still apply.
Think it was in rifts Mec and limited it to something like 10% of the base armor was the most you could increase it by.

If it you would be able to ad 24 but the vehicle would only allow 20.
The Clones are coming you shall all be replaced, but who is to say you have not been replaced already.

Master of Type-O and the obvios.

Soon my army oc clones and winged-monkies will rule the world but first, must .......

I may debate canon and RAW, but the games I run are highly house ruled. So I am not debating for how I play but about how the system works as written.
Khanibal
Hero
Comment: Anything worth killing is worth overkilling.

Unread post by Khanibal »

Blue_Lion wrote:Now here is a fun question does the limit on how much armor that can be added to a vehicle still apply.
Think it was in rifts Mec and limited it to something like 10% of the base armor was the most you could increase it by.

If it you would be able to ad 24 but the vehicle would only allow 20.

Rifts: Mercenaries p. 98, "...usually limited to 100 M.D.C." I'm going to assume they mean mb rather than overall, probably less for pa.
"Then one day, I was just walking down the street and I heard a voice behind me say, 'Reach for it Mister.', and I spun around and there I was face to face with a six-year-old kid.
Well, I just threw my guns down, walked away. Little bastard shot me in the ass.”

-Waco Kid (Blazing Saddles)
Sir Dellis
Explorer
Comment: There is nothing like wearing Maize and Blue in a sea of putrid Scarlet and Gray.

Unread post by Sir Dellis »

I saw that information in Mercs on pg 98. I think that is a limit set by the operators at GAW though because it has the pricing for how much GAW charges for if they do the work
Khanibal
Hero
Comment: Anything worth killing is worth overkilling.

Unread post by Khanibal »

Possibly, you have to do some extensive house-ruling though. Speed reduction, initiative penalties, etc. are all possible consequences of overloading the power plant. How much armor can you add before you have to reinforce the frame? That's not a simple job.
"Then one day, I was just walking down the street and I heard a voice behind me say, 'Reach for it Mister.', and I spun around and there I was face to face with a six-year-old kid.
Well, I just threw my guns down, walked away. Little bastard shot me in the ass.”

-Waco Kid (Blazing Saddles)

Return to “Rifts®”