Miniatures for Rifts (What do you use?)

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

oskoolgamer
D-Bee

Miniatures for Rifts (What do you use?)

Unread post by oskoolgamer »

I have always used mini's for my games. It helps people visualize whats going on and where everyone is. Over the years found several sources of mini's for my games. I thought I would post some of the mini's that I have found/use and would love for people to add any sources that they have found as well.

I would also like Palladium to start producing their own mini's (I would prefer in plastic to keep price down). I have been trying to get some SAMAS and Glitterboys for years.

Deadzone by Mantic games- Great Adventurers for coalition/phase world- high tech adventurers. Fairly well priced for what you get. Enforcer's and Rebs are my favorites and work great for Phase World.

Warhammer 40K- Too expensive for me and don’t really look right for me but some are OK.

Warmachine- A little expensive, but some have a really interesting look that fit with Rifts quite well.

Infinity- Some really interesting miniatures and some fit really well for Rifts. Not too badly priced on some of them either.

Fallout, Wasteland warfare- Good post apocalyptic models but way too expensive for my wallet.

Warlord games- Several ranges including sci-fi and zombie hoards. A little too expensive for me though.

Reaper miniatures- Have several ranges for monsters, aliens and adventurers. The bones ranges are nicely priced too. IMEF models fit for some adventurers/man at arms types, Cyber-reavers make good skelebots at a good price (currently 4 for $10), I use the Nova corp soldiers for large groups of coalition or other enemies. They have a ton of named characters that make good adventurers. Not to mention all the aliens, dragons and other weird stuff. These are the majority of what I currently use.

What mini's do you use in your games??
DhAkael
Knight

Re: Miniatures for Rifts (What do you use?)

Unread post by DhAkael »

https://roll20.net/
Haven't done a face-2-face in a geologic age so... I use the free virtual assets or create my own using teh GiMP.
Bind the body to the opened mind
Bind the body to the opened mind

I dream of towers in a world consumed
A void in the sentient sky
I dream of fissures across the moon
Leaves of the lotus rise

~Dream Again By Miracle of Sound
dragonfett
Knight

Unread post by dragonfett »

I don't, mainly because the combat ranges don't scale well to battle maps. But if push comes to shove, I would probably use different colored glass beads or glass beads with pieces of paper taped to them. Maybe even get some cutout folded paper minis.
Under the Pain of Death
I would Stand Alone
Against an Army of Darkness
And Horrors Unknown
GundamChief
Wanderer
Comment: It's a Gundam! *Boom!* ~ Every enemy soldier ever.

Unread post by GundamChief »

For Rifts I use a variety when I run.

D&D minis for the more magical, classical, primitive based classes or societies.

Some Warhammer, but not many since aside from Chaos, there's little there that actually fits Rifts.

Fallout Warfare. I have my bundle, so I'll get a fair amount of use if I run a Rifts game. Survivors and critters will probably get the most use.

I also Use some Mutant Chronicles and SLA-Industries minis from their Wargames now and then for Rifts since they fit depending on where in the world you set the game.

Otherwise I run games via imagination, or paper mini's if the players want them. I have some old Rifts Minis too, but mostly Coalition and one Glitterboy.
"Your tricks are no match for Gundams immense power"-Amuro Rei
oskoolgamer
D-Bee

Unread post by oskoolgamer »

I have also been considering getting a bunch of mini's in the 15mm scale. They now have some good sci-fi mini's out there and the scale would work better with long range weapons. At least with some of them ... many would still be ranged way off the table though.

Truthfully I don't have much of an issue with range when I use my 28mm mini's though. Buildings, ruins & rubble, add in overgrown vegetation and trees, a sprinkling of alien plant life and whalla, Gritty firefights where range is less of an issue. It also gives more places for baddies to ambush or escape. Those melee type people (players and enemies) have enough places and cover to get close. Those long range dominators (like glitterboys) get a little twitchie when range is limited and bad guys jump out of the ruins 50 ft away. I definitely have encounters in wide open spaces as well (how else should I get the melee munchkins twitching?) Different players (and enemies) will have advantages in different scenarios and I try and spread the wealth.
GundamChief
Wanderer
Comment: It's a Gundam! *Boom!* ~ Every enemy soldier ever.

Unread post by GundamChief »

I decided to look and see if Palladium actually does make Mini's yesterday.

Turns out they do! Alot of them! They are made of pewter, and the selection is a bit limited with focus on the Coalition. So I'm gonna be buying some when I get home from being out of state.
"Your tricks are no match for Gundams immense power"-Amuro Rei
Salcor
Wanderer

Unread post by Salcor »

A few different ones. https://photos.app.goo.gl/UgEox0Eqkv185Eh32

CS miniatures
I use sedition wars vanguard and reaper bones nova corp for deadboys
gnolls from frostgrave for dog boys
dust allies reaper suits for SAMAS
MEgaCon Games USCR behemoth for a CS Mauler
A modified Disney Infinities Ultron for a UAR-1 Enforcer

Player Miniatures
A Corvus Belli Yao Hau Invincible combined with PB Boom Gun for a Glitter Boy
A number of custom minis from Heroforge.com
House 4 and House 9 figures from Megacon games for Juicers