custom rules

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

FenriZ
D-Bee

custom rules

Unread post by FenriZ »

Just wondering if anybody uses house rules.instead of the minus ten rule. Also does anyone have rules for ripping off arms or legs of robot power armour or robots?
Khanibal
Hero
Comment: Anything worth killing is worth overkilling.

Re: custom rules

Unread post by Khanibal »

I don't know about the current rule books, but the original Robotech books had rules for ripping damage. It shouldn't be too hard to extrapolate a set of rules from that.
"Then one day, I was just walking down the street and I heard a voice behind me say, 'Reach for it Mister.', and I spun around and there I was face to face with a six-year-old kid.
Well, I just threw my guns down, walked away. Little bastard shot me in the ass.”

-Waco Kid (Blazing Saddles)
Rimmer
Adventurer

Unread post by Rimmer »

I would humbly suggest that it is technically impossible to play Rifts without house rules.
I let my wife play rifts once....................she shot me in the back of the head with a naruni plasma pistol, gaffa taped a type 4 fusion block to my nether regions, and kicked my ass off the apc travelling at 100 MPH

gimme a break, my pc is a playa, not me.
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

Rimmer wrote:I would humbly suggest that it is technically impossible to play Rifts without house rules.

"Wot 'e sed! WAAAAUGH!"
Bind the body to the opened mind
Bind the body to the opened mind

I dream of towers in a world consumed
A void in the sentient sky
I dream of fissures across the moon
Leaves of the lotus rise

~Dream Again By Miracle of Sound
Myrrhibis
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Myrrhibis »

FenriZ wrote:Just wondering if anybody uses house rules.instead of the minus ten rule. Also does anyone have rules for ripping off arms or legs of robot power armour or robots?

Our group uses the -10, but bonuses are permitted in most circumstances.
Leaving the PC with a -7 to +2 on average.
Myrrhibis
--the VAwitchy Gamer Chick
Help my eggs & hatchlings to grow to hatch: Get your own @ Dragcave.net

TeeAychEeMarchHare
Explorer
Comment: War to the knife, knife to the hilt.

Unread post by TeeAychEeMarchHare »

Rimmer wrote:I would humbly suggest that it is technically impossible to play Rifts without house rules.

So very much this.
Too much ammo is a self-correcting problem.
Blue_Lion
Knight

Unread post by Blue_Lion »

I could probably fill a source book with my house rules on building things alone.
Heck I have a house rule for the affects of pulling some ones pants down around their ankles mid fight.(A player did it and I ruled on it and made the ruling a house rule.)

As I understand it even Kevin S uses house rules.
The Clones are coming you shall all be replaced, but who is to say you have not been replaced already.

Master of Type-O and the obvios.

Soon my army oc clones and winged-monkies will rule the world but first, must .......

I may debate canon and RAW, but the games I run are highly house ruled. So I am not debating for how I play but about how the system works as written.
Sohisohi
Explorer

rules

Unread post by Sohisohi »

Rimmer wrote:I would humbly suggest that it is technically impossible to play Rifts without house rules

The truest statement here
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Zer0 Kay »

Technically... wrong. Technically it works and is playable. Figuratively it is like a 98 Chevy S10 with a bad clutch, starter, alternator.

It's on again off again and club my when it does work.
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid
Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech
Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus
The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)

Return to “Rifts®”