ripping/tearing question

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

FenriZ
D-Bee

ripping/tearing question

Unread post by FenriZ »

Hi there, long time player here. I was just wondering if anyone knew if there were any official rules for Supernaturally strong characters ripping the arms/legs off robots and power armour or is it just reduce the MDC to zero?
Khanibal
Hero
Comment: Anything worth killing is worth overkilling.

Re: ripping/tearing question

Unread post by Khanibal »

Yeah, MDC to zero. I think tearing damage is equivalent to punch damage. Also, with a large machine, leverage will be a problem. The Giant spell may be of use there.
"Then one day, I was just walking down the street and I heard a voice behind me say, 'Reach for it Mister.', and I spun around and there I was face to face with a six-year-old kid.
Well, I just threw my guns down, walked away. Little bastard shot me in the ass.”

-Waco Kid (Blazing Saddles)
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

Tear/Pry attacks do 1/2 punch damage.
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
Blue_Lion
Knight

Unread post by Blue_Lion »

One of the atemi can do damage when you have the target in a lock so in theory could be used to rip of a limb giving sufficient time.
The Clones are coming you shall all be replaced, but who is to say you have not been replaced already.

Master of Type-O and the obvios.

Soon my army oc clones and winged-monkies will rule the world but first, must .......

I may debate canon and RAW, but the games I run are highly house ruled. So I am not debating for how I play but about how the system works as written.
FenriZ
D-Bee

Unread post by FenriZ »

In The Juicer Uprising book it makes mention of Titan Juicers ripping the limbs off Coalition robot vehicles.
Khanibal
Hero
Comment: Anything worth killing is worth overkilling.

Unread post by Khanibal »

FenriZ wrote:In The Juicer Uprising book it makes mention of Titan Juicers ripping the limbs off Coalition robot vehicles.

They may be big enough to get leverage.
"Then one day, I was just walking down the street and I heard a voice behind me say, 'Reach for it Mister.', and I spun around and there I was face to face with a six-year-old kid.
Well, I just threw my guns down, walked away. Little bastard shot me in the ass.”

-Waco Kid (Blazing Saddles)

Return to “Rifts®”