N&SS/MC Undead Immortals in RIFTS

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Atroxadventurer
Wanderer

N&SS/MC Undead Immortals in RIFTS

Unread post by Atroxadventurer »

I'm sure this has been asked before, but I'm having trouble finding it.
What are the stats for an Undead Immortal from Mystic China in RIFTS?
Seems like this was in a book somewhere, not seeing in Conversions.
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Re: N&SS/MC Undead Immortals in RIFTS

Unread post by The Beast »

Atroxadventurer wrote:I'm sure this has been asked before, but I'm having trouble finding it.

Mystic China was never converted. Rifter 3 has some optional conversions for that book, but nothing official was ever released.
Atroxadventurer
Wanderer

The Beast wrote:
Atroxadventurer wrote:I'm sure this has been asked before, but I'm having trouble finding it.

Mystic China was never converted. Rifter 3 has some optional conversions for that book, but nothing official was ever released.

Ok, cool thanks, I'll get that RIFTER out :D
Blue_Lion
Knight

Unread post by Blue_Lion »

That is odd my copy has things already converted in it. It talks about rifts and things that are mdc in rifts are stated as such. So I am confused at the need to convert a book that seams to be written with its conversations included.
The Clones are coming you shall all be replaced, but who is to say you have not been replaced already.

Master of Type-O and the obvios.

Soon my army oc clones and winged-monkies will rule the world but first, must .......

I may debate canon and RAW, but the games I run are highly house ruled. So I am not debating for how I play but about how the system works as written.
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

Blue_Lion wrote:That is odd my copy has things already converted in it. It talks about rifts and things that are mdc in rifts are stated as such. So I am confused at the need to convert a book that seams to be written with its conversations included.

Yes mystic china is a bit odd like that. Some stuff has conversions in the book and some does not. It does not seem to be totally consistent about it though so pretty much GM call.
The Beast

kaid wrote:
Blue_Lion wrote:That is odd my copy has things already converted in it. It talks about rifts and things that are mdc in rifts are stated as such. So I am confused at the need to convert a book that seams to be written with its conversations included.

Yes mystic china is a bit odd like that. Some stuff has conversions in the book and some does not. It does not seem to be totally consistent about it though so pretty much GM call.

Yeah, mine's like that too. Only a handful of things have any sort of conversion.
Blue_Lion
Knight

Unread post by Blue_Lion »

kaid wrote:

Or it could be the stuff without conversion notes does not change. That would seam to be logical to me. If it includes MD conversions anything lacking a note about how it changes stays the same.
The Clones are coming you shall all be replaced, but who is to say you have not been replaced already.

Master of Type-O and the obvios.

Soon my army oc clones and winged-monkies will rule the world but first, must .......

I may debate canon and RAW, but the games I run are highly house ruled. So I am not debating for how I play but about how the system works as written.
The Beast

Blue_Lion wrote:
kaid wrote:

Or it could be the stuff without conversion notes does not change. That would seam to be logical to me. If it includes MD conversions anything lacking a note about how it changes stays the same.

I must disagree on your assessment. To me it seems that conversion to Rifts was added in only at the last minute, and even then, only as an afterthought. I kind of think that PB figured we'd convert everything ourselves using the conversion book, and it wasn't until someone pointed out that there's new (at the time) stuff in it that isn't covered by the conversion book that PB made a half-hearted attempt at doing so. Either that or Kevin thought Erick would write provide conversion notes on things that needed them, Erick thought Kevin would write conversion notes on things that needed them, and then before publishing they realized there were no conversion notes and so notes were added in here-and-there. Prior to posting I went through the book to see what had notes for converting to Rifts. They are as follows:

Black Steel Centipede (p. 141)
Yin-Yang Kata (p. 159)
Sword Chi Technique (p. 160)
Draw Yin Yang Symbol (p. 97)
The Dragon King of the West's Gift (p. 129)
Red Animus of the Element of Fire (p. 130)
Yellow Animus of the Element of Earth (p. 130)
Control Undead/Living Dead (p. 131)
Walk To Other Worlds (p. 131)

So that's one demon, one special kata, one martial art technique, and one magic spell. The rest are abilities under the refinements for the Enlightened Immortal. Now is it possible that those are the only things from that book that get MDC conversions? Yes. However I personally find that to be highly unlikely. Now some stuff can be easily converted using existing guidelines in CB1 and CB1r (like the demons), some stuff can just be said to do/provide MD/MDC (like the spells), and some stuff seems like it wasn't meant to be given stats so players couldn't be/beat them (the immortals). I just find it hard to believe that Palladium decided that the only things that would get MDC conversion notes would be just the things I noted above. Given how Palladium has a history of barely going over their work and fixing mistakes and how Kevin himself admitted that he gets easily distracted I think that the only reason that the above list are the only things with conversion notes is because conversion to Rifts was a last minute after-though.
Atroxadventurer
Wanderer

The Beast wrote:
Blue_Lion wrote:
kaid wrote:

I must disagree on your assessment. To me it seems that conversion to Rifts was added in only at the last minute, and even then, only as an afterthought. I kind of think that PB figured we'd convert everything ourselves using the conversion book, and it wasn't until someone pointed out that there's new (at the time) stuff in it that isn't covered by the conversion book that PB made a half-hearted attempt at doing so. Either that or Kevin thought Erick would write provide conversion notes on things that needed them, Erick thought Kevin would write conversion notes on things that needed them, and then before publishing they realized there were no conversion notes and so notes were added in here-and-there. Prior to posting I went through the book to see what had notes for converting to Rifts. They are as follows:

Black Steel Centipede (p. 141)
Yin-Yang Kata (p. 159)
Sword Chi Technique (p. 160)
Draw Yin Yang Symbol (p. 97)
The Dragon King of the West's Gift (p. 129)
Red Animus of the Element of Fire (p. 130)
Yellow Animus of the Element of Earth (p. 130)
Control Undead/Living Dead (p. 131)
Walk To Other Worlds (p. 131)

So that's one demon, one special kata, one martial art technique, and one magic spell. The rest are abilities under the refinements for the Enlightened Immortal. Now is it possible that those are the only things from that book that get MDC conversions? Yes. However I personally find that to be highly unlikely. Now some stuff can be easily converted using existing guidelines in CB1 and CB1r (like the demons), some stuff can just be said to do/provide MD/MDC (like the spells), and some stuff seems like it wasn't meant to be given stats so players couldn't be/beat them (the immortals). I just find it hard to believe that Palladium decided that the only things that would get MDC conversion notes would be just the things I noted above. Given how Palladium has a history of barely going over their work and fixing mistakes and how Kevin himself admitted that he gets easily distracted I think that the only reason that the above list are the only things with conversion notes is because conversion to Rifts was a last minute after-though.

I guess the Undead Immortal could be done like RIFTS Vampire, just HP that can only be hurt by silver, magic, etc
Axelmania
Knight

Unread post by Axelmania »

I didn't like the Rifter 3 conversions, too powerful, missed the vulnerable spirit.

Return to “Rifts®”