Rifts Africa - discussion and ideas

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Re: Rifts Africa - discussion and ideas

Unread post by eliakon »

SolCannibal wrote:
eliakon wrote:
glitterboy2098 wrote:given that Millennium trees usually have portals on them, those able to talk to the trees (or convince druids and the like to do so) might actually be able to use them to transit between different parts of the world.

They do?
As far as I know the Tree of Darkness is the only tree with portals.
Is there something I'm missing someplace.

Now that's a good question - just took a look at WB3 and while i found no clear statement, i did come across this.

WB3, pg.14 wrote:Random events that can happen during a Millennium Storm (Roll once for every five minutes of a Millennium Storm.)
86-00 A dimensional rift opens! I leave it to the Game Master as to whether anything bad, troublesome or annoying comes slithering out of the rift. Don't be too rough on the characters. This can be played for humor as well as drama. Or ... an old ally(s) may pop out of a rift created by a Millennium Tree to help defend it or others.

This, together with fact the Trees have full control of whether ley line storms happen or not around them, does seem to imply they might be able to choose to create rifts too, but one must convince her (through the Millenium Druids or somehow directly with empathic communication or something similar) of such a necessity.

So the answer is "No they do NOT have portals on them. BUT they may or may not be able to create a portal via a Millenium Storm depending on how the GM chooses to interpret the statement about an ally appearing."
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

eliakon wrote:[
So the answer is "No they do NOT have portals on them. BUT they may or may not be able to create a portal via a Millenium Storm depending on how the GM chooses to interpret the statement about an ally appearing."

<<"Hello, Dial-A-Dragon? I got a problem with radioactive termites. Think you can send somebody over to get rid of them for me? My account is J-Oaks1881---That's J-O-A-K-S-one-eight-eight-one. Yeah, I've been on Arbornet for a long time now.">>
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
SolCannibal
Champion

Unread post by SolCannibal »

eliakon wrote:So the answer is "No they do NOT have portals on them. BUT they may or may not be able to create a portal via a Millenium Storm depending on how the GM chooses to interpret the statement about an ally appearing."

I did say beforehand "i found no clear statement", though i guess "i found no clear statement in favor of it, but did come across this" might have been more precise.

But yes, pretty much spot on, though the text itself makes it easy to interpret as a "yes", imho.
Not exactly satistying depending on individual player, but i can certainly live with that as a GM.

It does make the idea of direct contact between the Millenium Druid communities through the trees we were previously discussing that much debatable/objectionable.
Last edited by SolCannibal on Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sohisohi
Explorer

Rifts Africa

Unread post by Sohisohi »

Personally I think we need to wipe the map clean, too many factions. I get the feeling that the new russia book is going to include the minion war like Heroes of Humanity did (from cover). I don't mind this, but eventually they have to release a Daemons/De-evils of Earth book where evil just wipes the floor with every faction. If you actually map out territory, it's fairly crowded (granted, more so in America). Even an old style SAMAS can get 300mph at 10hr operation range. You can literally cross the longest part of America point-to-point in less than half of a day. Want to cross Africa's longest points (about the same vertically and horizontally), same suit, only takes less then a day and a half. Point-to-point, same suit, from the start of Europe to the end of Asia (longest points) will only take you thirteen and a half days. Now, granted, 1.6mil is alot to drop so you'll likely end up going for something cheaper at the 150-250mph range (which doesn't exactly fix the issue). Because of how crammed the map is, you are flying over every faction in the region.

If not, their has to be a war in Africa ASAP
Factions need to start being blown off the map
or downsized some some way that actually frees up land
SolCannibal
Champion

Re: Rifts Africa

Sohisohi wrote:If not, their has to be a war in Africa ASAP
Factions need to start being blown off the map
or downsized some some way that actually frees up land

Yeah, let's do away with that gross excess of factions taking up room for GM creativity in Africa - the Nonexistent, Unavailable, Absent, Lacking, Unmentioned, Ommited and their ilk the place with their constant plots and agendas must go away.

Let's bring up an Apocalyptic event to clean up the slate, unlike that other Apocalypse with Horsemen and such in the previous book, that does not count...

RENEWAL!!!! :twisted: :? :clown:
Sohisohi
Explorer

SolCannibal wrote:Let's bring up an Apocalyptic event to clean up the slate, unlike that other Apocalypse with Horsemen and such in the previous book, that does not count... RENEWAL!!!

Except this time Africa falls to darkness. Consider it like book 5 in the war campaign (or book 2 or 3) where Tolkeen finally wins a big blow against the CS so everyone celebrates and head heads home. The Apocalyptic event in Africa was ended, so nobody gathers again to face the next big threat and hells gates just open up everywhere to start a real minion war.
SolCannibal
Champion

Sohisohi wrote:
SolCannibal wrote:Let's bring up an Apocalyptic event to clean up the slate, unlike that other Apocalypse with Horsemen and such in the previous book, that does not count... RENEWAL!!!

Except this time Africa falls to darkness. Consider it like book 5 in the war campaign (or book 2 or 3) where Tolkeen finally wins a big blow against the CS so everyone celebrates and head heads home. The Apocalyptic event in Africa was ended, so nobody gathers again to face the next big threat and hells gates just open up everywhere to start a real minion war.

What part of "excess of factions - the Nonexistent, Unavailable, Absent, Lacking, Unmentioned and Ommited" was somehow not obvious as a joke, really?

The whole reason this topic is even here is Africa is already a mostly blank slate that was also hit by a canon Apocalyptic Event.

A redundant one at that, as we had nothing before the book for the event to actually hit or not and with the apocalyptic event hook in the way writers now had little incentive to add those new places in WB4 (why write up places that will get destroyed/outdated the moment they hit the prints?).

Seriously, get the point, your suggestion are utterly baseless and inappropriate to the subject, not to say ridiculous.

You want to help, actually add something instead of doing some insane troll logic soapbox rant.
The Oh So Amazing Nate
Hero

Unread post by The Oh So Amazing Nate »

Gentleman or Ladies,
Please, let us keep the discussion civil and on topic. This is a great thread that deserves more than to be shut down over a squabble.
Look upon me and tremble ye masses. For I am The Necroposter!
keir451 wrote:Amazing Nate; Thanks for your support!

Razzinold wrote:And the award for best witty retort to someone reporting a minor vehicular collision goes to:
The Oh So Amazing Nate!

Nate, you sir win the internet for today! You've definitely earned the "oh so amazing" part of your name today. :lol:
Sohisohi
Explorer

SolCannibal wrote:
Sohisohi wrote:

What part of "excess of factions - the Nonexistent, Unavailable, Absent, Lacking, Unmentioned and Ommited" was somehow not obvious as a joke, really? The whole reason this topic is even here is Africa is already a mostly blank slate that was also hit by a canon Apocalyptic Event. A redundant one at that, as we had nothing before the book for the event to actually hit or not and with the apocalyptic event hook in the way writers now had little incentive to add those new places in WB4 (why write up places that will get destroyed/outdated the moment they hit the prints?). Seriously, get the point, your suggestion are utterly baseless and inappropriate to the subject, not to say ridiculous. You want to help, actually add something instead of doing some insane troll logic soapbox rant.
I'm talking of ideals, and ideally I'd like Africa to be the launching point for a real minion war which start wiping the map. The thread asks for what we want in Africa, well that's what I want.

I simply have absolutely no interest in 2, or 3, or 4 more factions in Africa until some of the current factions have been downsized. And, lets be honest, Africa is perfect for it. There really is not all that much going on, and as-is, there are also plenty of baddies there now. Enough to raze the current world quite a bit, not to mention all the potential backup once we get a real demon war revved up.

So I'm well aware it is empty, I'd rather keep it that way then to be demanding an already overcrowded world be made more crowded by claiming-up the rest of the open space. Africa should be left empty and alone, unless they are going to put another apocalyptic event there.
Spoiler:
and that's a fact
taalismn
Priest

Nature, and human nature, abhors a vacuum. :P
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
The Oh So Amazing Nate
Hero

Unread post by The Oh So Amazing Nate »

taalismn wrote:Nature, and human nature, abhors a vacuum. :P

Freaked out pets and my dirty carpet stand as a testament to the truth of this statement.
Look upon me and tremble ye masses. For I am The Necroposter!
keir451 wrote:Amazing Nate; Thanks for your support!

Razzinold wrote:And the award for best witty retort to someone reporting a minor vehicular collision goes to:
The Oh So Amazing Nate!

Nate, you sir win the internet for today! You've definitely earned the "oh so amazing" part of your name today. :lol:
taalismn
Priest

The Oh So Amazing Nate wrote:
taalismn wrote:Nature, and human nature, abhors a vacuum. :P

Freaked out pets and my dirty carpet stand as a testament to the truth of this statement.

: :eek: RRRRRRRAAAARRRRRRR!!! :eek: #SKORK#///THHUUBBBBEEE////
"Ah...a little help here?" :oops:
"...really? The cat again?" :|
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Kelorin
Adventurer
Location: Aboard the USS Lexington, flagship of the New Navy Atlantic Fleet

Unread post by Kelorin »

Late to the party, but I'd add Splugorth 'farming' colonies to the western side of Africa closest to Atlantis. Something different than their usual random wander around and snag whatever potentials slaves come their way.

The idea I had was a venture project launched by one or two of the High Lords where the Splugorth go in and take over settlements and set up local governance displacing regional warlords, kings etc. The Splugorth supply the settlments with cash, tech or magic and keep other factions out. In return Atlantis take out minerals, gems and slaves.

Literal colonial company towns, but run by Atlantis Inc.
Apollo Okamura wrote:Kelorin WINZ!! :-)
TechnoGothic wrote:Kelorin WINZ!!
SolCannibal
Champion

Kelorin wrote:Late to the party, but I'd add Splugorth 'farming' colonies to the western side of Africa closest to Atlantis. Something different than their usual random wander around and snag whatever potentials slaves come their way.

The idea I had was a venture project launched by one or two of the High Lords where the Splugorth go in and take over settlements and set up local governance displacing regional warlords, kings etc. The Splugorth supply the settlments with cash, tech or magic and keep other factions out. In return Atlantis take out minerals, gems and slaves.

Literal colonial company towns, but run by Atlantis Inc.

Considering that South America has atlantean influenced nations (peculiarly, if memory tricks me not, not in the atlantic coast), their having some sort of foothold in the other side of the same ocean seems pretty logical and appropriate.
RockJock
Knight

Unread post by RockJock »

Largato is on the Atlantic/Gulf of Mexico/Caribbean Sea side of South America.

I like the idea of Spulgy outposts harvesting crops, digging up gold/diamonds/gems for magic items and so on.
RockJock, holder of the mighty Rune Rock Hammer!
SolCannibal
Champion

RockJock wrote:Largato is on the Atlantic/Gulf of Mexico/Caribbean Sea side of South America.

Yes, true, Lagarto is kind of in the south/central america edge, no?
Anyway, thanks for correcting me.

RockJock wrote:I like the idea of Spulgy outposts harvesting crops, digging up gold/diamonds/gems for magic items and so on.

If not them, some allied monster-nations in the vein of Lagarto, Phoenix & Gargoyle Empires and others.
Khanibal
Hero
Comment: Anything worth killing is worth overkilling.

Unread post by Khanibal »

RockJock wrote:I like the idea of Spulgy outposts harvesting crops, digging up gold/diamonds/gems for magic items and so on.

To be sung: {Well, you load sixteen tons and whataya get? Dipped in salsa, and then ya get et.}
"Then one day, I was just walking down the street and I heard a voice behind me say, 'Reach for it Mister.', and I spun around and there I was face to face with a six-year-old kid.
Well, I just threw my guns down, walked away. Little bastard shot me in the ass.”

-Waco Kid (Blazing Saddles)
SolCannibal
Champion

Plantations for weird flora from other worlds and/or dimensions might work too.
Would the Sploog be familiar with or have uses for Psi-Cola, for example?
Kelorin
Adventurer
Location: Aboard the USS Lexington, flagship of the New Navy Atlantic Fleet

Unread post by Kelorin »

SolCannibal wrote:
RockJock wrote:Largato is on the Atlantic/Gulf of Mexico/Caribbean Sea side of South America.

If not them, some allied monster-nations in the vein of Lagarto, Phoenix & Gargoyle Empires and others.

One of the core elements of the Splugorth economy is the steady influx of slaves. The main cash crop of these colonies is the people. That is why I had 'farming' in quotes in my initial post (Not that they couldn't be harvesting actual food and textile crops and mineral wealth as well). Only, that they 'transport the labor force' back to Atlantis to offload the cargo. They just don't bring all of the labor force back when they're done.

Obviously that scheme wouldn't keep working over time, so the Sploogs might set themselves up as God-Kings, with Splugorth priests and witches to keep the local populations in line. Finally, letting a couple of the High Lords run the show as a 'pilot project' means that old Splynncryth can hang the minions out to dry if things don't work out or if heroes (PC's) show up and muck things up for them.

My last thought was that these colonies do work out as the High Lords hope, it would ensure a stable and steady supply of slaves without the random nature of their current 'hunter-gatherer' operations in North America.
Apollo Okamura wrote:Kelorin WINZ!! :-)
TechnoGothic wrote:Kelorin WINZ!!
SolCannibal
Champion

Kelorin wrote:
SolCannibal wrote:

One of the core elements of the Splugorth economy is the steady influx of slaves. The main cash crop of these colonies is the people. That is why I had 'farming' in quotes in my initial post (Not that they couldn't be harvesting actual food and textile crops and mineral wealth as well). Only, that they 'transport the labor force' back to Atlantis to offload the cargo. They just don't bring all of the labor force back when they're done.

Obviously that scheme wouldn't keep working over time, so the Sploogs might set themselves up as God-Kings, with Splugorth priests and witches to keep the local populations in line. Finally, letting a couple of the High Lords run the show as a 'pilot project' means that old Splynncryth can hang the minions out to dry if things don't work out or if heroes (PC's) show up and muck things up for them.

My last thought was that these colonies do work out as the High Lords hope, it would ensure a stable and steady supply of slaves without the random nature of their current 'hunter-gatherer' operations in North America.

They could also simply trade with local powers that would do the actual "harvesting" - and fighting - for them, in a cruel repeat of human history in the continent in centuries past.
taalismn
Priest

SolCannibal wrote:[

They could also simply trade with local powers that would do the actual "harvesting" - and fighting - for them, in a cruel repeat of human history in the continent in centuries past.

Indeed. Even HG Wells' Martians were considered to possibly be moving in that direction, of using humans to hunt humans, and the Splugorth are a LOT smarter than those BEMs.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
SolCannibal
Champion

taalismn wrote:
SolCannibal wrote:[

Indeed. Even HG Wells' Martians were considered to possibly be moving in that direction, of using humans to hunt humans, and the Splugorth are a LOT smarter than those BEMs.

Could be other humans, could be "lesser monster" or D-bee races that established themselves in the coast in the intervening centuries, unaligned demons with a local foothold (Phoenix Empire has a high number of those in their population), any or all of those together and/or competing with each other could be part of a trade, intrigue and conflict network with Splynn's minions on top.
SolCannibal
Champion

Little funny idea just crossed my mind while looking at Splynn Dimensional Market.

While not exactly the same (he has arms), the were-dragon's "winged serpent" form could be compared/related to Apep.
So, what if instead of treating them as pets or humiliation/torture toys like most evil dragons that associate with Splugorth, he decided to get a bunch of them out of slavery to make into the basis of his own Dragonwright-style cult in some part of the Empire or northern Africa? Perhaps even steal some away from other dragons and monsters, just to drum up some morale and as further incentives for the rubes to worship it?

As an added bonus, get some monster were-dragons to send as minions/guinea pigs for Amon, to maybe find out how to make some of their own.

Thought it could be interesting to toy with.
SolCannibal
Champion

Little aside, just found out an article with a bunch of new creatures & monters for Rifts Africa in Rifter 67.

That for some reason i can't begin to guess, includes the Bunyip of all things.... :?: :eek:
Don't know if i'm confused or amused for it appearing in a whole different continent from its usual folkloric stomping grounds.
DD The Shmey
Explorer

Unread post by DD The Shmey »

The Phoenix Empire needs a separate book. They are a huge power block in the world surpassing Atlantis in both total population, and population of supernatural beings, yet there are only 13 pages on them.

I've spent some time putting together what I think would make a good outline for a world book that I would like to see on the Phoenix Empire. See the spoiler below.
Spoiler:
3-5 pages on giving the phoenix empires updated view of current world events after operation seas storm, and upcoming plans for conquest.

10-15 pages describing the territory of the Phoenix empire and key places and cities like Rama City. Include an overview of each region like the heart of the empire around the Nile in Egypt, the Gallu Demon Bull cities along the north coast of Libya, the nomadic caravans of desert Orc Bedouins, The gargoyle infested mountain ranges of Nafusa and Gabal Uweinat, the mix of lizardmen and ghouls of the swampy southern Sudan (some of the lizard men are fighting for freedom after their territory were conquered by the legions of demons and the dead), nomadic flocks of Shedim in the deserts of Egypt, & Sudan, and the packs of nomadic demon Alu roaming the forests of southern Chad.

2-3 pages on different social hierarchies of minions, and more divisions (WB4 Africa divided the military into Demon Troops, Monster Slave Troops, Legion of Ghouls, Legion of worms, and Legion of the Dead... expand on that)

2-3 pages summarizing the numerous necromancer covens, and cults of the empire, and how they each vie for power and favor from the great phoenix king, along with the various demon sub factions and others.

5-10 pages with details on one of these cults that are the more aristocratic necromancer priest embalmers (include a new OCC), who prepare longer lasting and better preserved mummy zombies, and have strong ties to the Egyptian gods. Include more rules for the creation of Mummies, and stats for different types.

5-10 pages on different covens related to the Necromancer OCC variants in Rifter #8 (Cursebringer OCC, Death Walkers OCC, and Murder-Mage OCC )

5-10 pages on new age Necro-tech practitioners (see Rifter 13, duplicate the occ here) who are able to able to combine necromancy with technowizardry to create new necromantic weapons, armor, and bionics. Include a bunch more necro-tech bionics that combine supernatural component and spells like strength of the dead to confer MDC, and other spells/enchantments to give supernatural abilities to its wielder. Example a Necro-Tech heart of a D-Ghoul who confers upon its recipient the ability to dimensionally teleport.

2-3 pages on Necro-Tech Full Conversion Borg Assassin OCC with Death Bolt Necro-Tech Sniper Rifle (based on death bolt spell, mystic Russia pg 98)

2-4 pages on evil millennium druids, the tree of sorrow, and other kinds of evil druids

1-2 pages on the use of undead for manual labor, average life expectancy of zombie workers under different conditions and zombie rental fee's.

5-10 pages on weapons & armor, some imported from Atlantis, some locally developed technological ones, and some locally developed magical weapons (like the firebrand spear in the original NGR book), and finally some Necro-Tech TW ones.

5-10 pages of PA and robot vehicles, some kittani/splugorth imports, and some local designs

5-10 pages to describe the navy, including stats for Magical/TW Corsair raider ships that crisscross the Mediterranean, as well as refit pre-Rifts naval vessels that have been refit in a similar way to the golden age weapon smiths, only with more technowizardry

10-15 pages with additional occ's for Demonic Soldiers (give them some modern skills), slave technicians/mechanics, slave cultists, zombie pirate, demon pirate, Orc Bedouin & Orc Bedouin shaman,

5-10 pages on notable NPC's (Demon generals, High Priest-Necromancers, the Lord of Ghouls, various coven and cult leaders)

5-10 pages about the resistance to the phoenix empire, different external African native tribes, and internal dissidents/revolutionaries

Other idea's that I've read about in this thread that I'd like to highlight and add to.
Spoiler:
Splugorthian slaver colonies on the west coast of Africa. I'd like to add that these are likely supported with a large Horune Pirate population. Horune Pirates are active along the entire perimeter of Africa, and are likely to have pirate coves dotted and there, and maybe even a large pirate city.

Glitterboys proposal of a network of millennium druids around the world communicating and supporting one another seems very likely. Eliakon pointed out a quote in WB3 pg14 that seems to support this, and I found another on page 15 that confirms that Millenium tree's can deliberately open rifts. It even states that practitioners of magic can help direct the Millenium Tree's open rifts to specific dimensions, and on page 16 it talks about the tree using Ley Line Teleportation to move people around. The level of control that the tree's have over ley line storms certainly seems analogous to Magic Stone Pyramids, and I have always seen Millennium tree's as a kind of natural Stone Pyramid. Stone Mages regularly use those Pyramids to communicate and teleport between one another, as well as to create rifts, so it really isn't a stretch to think that the Druids are using the Tree's in the same way.

SolCannibal pointed out that WB3 says that "the Blood Druids have a growing presence in Morocco, Egypt and much of northern Africa". There really isn't much information out there on the Blood Druid kingdoms in France. I've always thought that their stats and abilities were under-powered compared with the lore and influence they have over the region, and I would like to see more material about them.

I liked Wise Owls idea of a Congolese Tech Republic built on the ruins of a high tech city supporting the construction of a golden age mega project related to space like a space elevator, or a 100 mile long maglev track for a rocket sled launch. Although, I think that Uganda might be a better fit than the Congo. I think that the ruins of one of these super projects, and a fledgling techno kingdom of scavengers sifting through the ashes for artifacts and retooling them like the golden age weponsmith's of NA would make for a cool setting. The same groups could travel all around Africa and compete to find lost buried treasures.

Finally I've been looking through WB4 Africa the description of different regions of Africa, and summarized all of the key points below.
Spoiler:
North Africa outside of the Pheonix empire has a population of 20 million, 40% monster, 30% d-bee, 30%human). Morocco is mostly an unpopulated forest, the Sahara desert mostly unpopulated desert except for worms of taut, the sub-Saharan savanna of Mali, Niger, Chad, and Central African Republic are hunting grounds for demonic monsters.

Half of the ivory coast is submerged under the ocearns, and now the lands are dotted in slave and pirate ports dominated by the Splugorth minions. The largest port is the splugorthian city of Gorth with 60,000 nonhumans with an addition 100,000 nonhumans and 50,000 slaves (human and d-bee) in the surrounding area, and a few thousand escaped slaves from Atlantis.

Nigeria and Cameroon combined have a total of 14 million humans and 25 million d-bees. The technology level is low, most are hunters/farmers, and constantly plagued by Splugorthian slavers. Note that these population values are huge compared with other parts of the world, and I am thinking that there has to be more of a story here. I think that if there was some kind of kingdom in the Cameroon-Nigeria elbow of Africa, that it would make a more dynamic setting of people trying to band together to fight against the relentless slaver.

The Congo is full of all manner of jungle beasts and demons. It also has the oldest Millennium Tree called the Ancient Father, and is protected by the jungle Pygmy people.

Ethiopia has a total population of just under 3 million, with villages and towns of nonhumans along the coastline. It has a bunch of dragons, sphinxes, manticores, chimeras. werepanthers, loogaroos, gryphons, adarok flying mountains and other dimensional beings especially in the mountains. There is also Lalibela, the ruins with the portals to Wormwood.

Uganda's capitol Kampala on lake Victoria is a low tech city of one million, mostly farmers, fisherman, with several towns and cities nearby of 10-60 thousand. Urgana's overall population is ~11 million, mostly human of native African decent 65%. Note that 11 million is also a huge population on Rifts earth for such a small territory, and there has got to be a good explanation for why so many people are able to survive and thrive here.

Kenya is a wilderness with some volcano's. Along the southern border with Tanzania there are tribes of Masai Warriors and Masai cattle ranchers on the savanna. African Medicin man, rain makers and priests are common in east Africa.

Tanzania has lots of small villages of farmers and fisherman, and a few tribes of tree people d-bees. Tanzania's coast and the entire eastern coast of Africa is riddled with ruins of cities that sank into the ocean and now inhabited by harpies and giant eagles. The largest villages and the town of Mahenge are found towards the new coast line, however if any town gets too big, it immediately becomes a target for raiders from the Pheonix Empire, Atlantis, and pirate slavers. Technology is low, and their only high tech goods are those that have been traded or scavenged

Southern Congo, Angola, Zambia, has a lot of jungle demons, and an overall population of less than 16 million and 75% human (still a huge number compared with north America). There is the City of Taunak with some 27,000 nonhumans, mostly Tautons, Crocodillians, who have forsaken their life as minions of the gods to build an independent isolationist life, and keep the city hidden to all outsiders. There is no mention of human villages, towns, or cities, but there has to be with such a large human population in the region.

Namibia and Botswana, mostly uninhabited. There is a mystery pyramid in the middle of nowhere surrounded with animated skeletons, and inside there is a trio of jackal headed ruin statues guarding a throne... its got to be Anubis related. Also a big Oasis in the middle of the kalahari with a giant stone tower with a rainmaker guy living it and a village of ~3000 humans.

South Africa& Mozambique have a combined population of under two million (80% human). Lots of city ruins and beasts including manticore, harpy, loogaroo, worms of taut, gryphons and dragondactyls.

Return to “Rifts®”