My Custom Rifts sheet enjoy

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

RolandCorsair
D-Bee

My Custom Rifts sheet enjoy

Unread post by RolandCorsair »

Trooper Jim
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: Huh! What? There was homework???

Re: My Custom Rifts sheet enjoy

Unread post by Trooper Jim »

Looks cool
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

That's actually pretty good!
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
dragonfett
Knight

Unread post by dragonfett »

I find the style to be reminiscent of the Savage Rifts Character Sheet. I like it.
Under the Pain of Death
I would Stand Alone
Against an Army of Darkness
And Horrors Unknown
Snake Eyes
Hero
Comment: Living in Florida, soon to be Dinosaur Swamp

Unread post by Snake Eyes »

Nicely done :)
The Dragon Has Spoken
JackOfShadows
D-Bee

Unread post by JackOfShadows »

Hey RC,

Great sheet but there are some issues. The Saving Throws and Combat areas need to support double digits. For some reason line 1 of OCC Skills is being mirrored into line 36. If I find anything else I'll post it here. I hope you're willing to keep updating and improving this as it's a great resource and I'm really impressed with the work you've done.

JoS.
Eagle
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Eagle »

It looks pretty good, if you like your character sheets all pretty and everything. But as a guy who wrote up a million character sheets by hand over the last 25+ years, if it's not hand-written with lots of erase marks and scratches through it, it doesn't seem right. :)

When I do one on computer nowadays, I prefer more of a minimalist character sheet, just the most important parts. It's similar to the one Palladium uses in their books, without any of the descriptions, and in a format I like better. I don't include anything that the guy doesn't have (if you don't cast spells, no need to have PPE listed). I don't have a Dropbox account to upload anything, but mine normally look something like this (numbers just made up, no attempt to make the bonuses "right"):

Bob, 5th level LLW, Aberrant

IQ 14, MA 13, ME 20, PS 9, PP 17, PE 15, PB 11, Spd 10

SDC 32, HP 29
PPE 140, Armor MDC 52

HTH Basic, +1 Init
+2 Strike, +5 Parry, +5 Dodge
+4 Pull Punch, +4 Roll, +2 Disarm

+3 Sv vs magic, +3 Sv vs psi, +2 Sv vs poison, +2 Sv vs mind control

Math Basic 80%, Wilderness Survival 40%, Pilot motorcycle 75%, Prowl 45%, Lore (demons, monsters, magic) 75%, Lang: Spanish 80%

magic spell (2 PPE), magic spell (2), magic spell (2), magic spell (5), magic spell (5), magic spell (6), magic spell (10), magic spell (12),
magic spell (15), magic spell (20), magic spell (25), magic spell (30), magic spell (30), magic spell (35), magic spell (40)

Laser Rifle, 4D6 MD, 2000' range, 20 shots, single (+5 strike) or burst fire (+2 strike)

That works well enough for me. I usually just jot it down in a text file on computer, then e-mail it to myself. That way I've got a copy on my phone in case I lose the printed version. And it's quick enough for me to scribble it down on paper without my hand cramping.
RolandCorsair
D-Bee

JackOfShadows wrote:Hey RC,

Great sheet but there are some issues. The Saving Throws and Combat areas need to support double digits. For some reason line 1 of OCC Skills is being mirrored into line 36. If I find anything else I'll post it here. I hope you're willing to keep updating and improving this as it's a great resource and I'm really impressed with the work you've done.

JoS.

Yes this was the beta version I encountered the same issues as well, I will be updating it soon. Another issue was when I printed it some of the fields showed the little black + box for the drop down (only two cells) but will be addressing that as well. Still very clean sheets
RolandCorsair
D-Bee

Eagle wrote:It looks pretty good, if you like your character sheets all pretty and everything. But as a guy who wrote up a million character sheets by hand over the last 25+ years, if it's not hand-written with lots of erase marks and scratches through it, it doesn't seem right. :)

When I do one on computer nowadays, I prefer more of a minimalist character sheet, just the most important parts. It's similar to the one Palladium uses in their books, without any of the descriptions, and in a format I like better. I don't include anything that the guy doesn't have (if you don't cast spells, no need to have PPE listed). I don't have a Dropbox account to upload anything, but mine normally look something like this (numbers just made up, no attempt to make the bonuses "right"):

Bob, 5th level LLW, Aberrant

IQ 14, MA 13, ME 20, PS 9, PP 17, PE 15, PB 11, Spd 10

SDC 32, HP 29
PPE 140, Armor MDC 52

HTH Basic, +1 Init
+2 Strike, +5 Parry, +5 Dodge
+4 Pull Punch, +4 Roll, +2 Disarm

+3 Sv vs magic, +3 Sv vs psi, +2 Sv vs poison, +2 Sv vs mind control

Math Basic 80%, Wilderness Survival 40%, Pilot motorcycle 75%, Prowl 45%, Lore (demons, monsters, magic) 75%, Lang: Spanish 80%

magic spell (2 PPE), magic spell (2), magic spell (2), magic spell (5), magic spell (5), magic spell (6), magic spell (10), magic spell (12),
magic spell (15), magic spell (20), magic spell (25), magic spell (30), magic spell (30), magic spell (35), magic spell (40)

Laser Rifle, 4D6 MD, 2000' range, 20 shots, single (+5 strike) or burst fire (+2 strike)

That works well enough for me. I usually just jot it down in a text file on computer, then e-mail it to myself. That way I've got a copy on my phone in case I lose the printed version. And it's quick enough for me to scribble it down on paper without my hand cramping.

O yes I fully understand. I have written up as many sheets in my time when Rifts first hit the shelves. I still have my first sheet pizza stains and all laminated on the wall. I have been looking for a long time for something cleaner looking as a game master and talked about this project for almost ten years ....so I just send FRAK it and did it lol. The point is that Game Masters and players New and old need something like this to make the access to play better. But as always each to there own we all enjoy our parts of this world.
RolandCorsair
D-Bee

dragonfett wrote:I find the style to be reminiscent of the Savage Rifts Character Sheet. I like it.

Yes I took inspiration from that, as well as modern sheets from a few other systems but tried to stay true to the original sheets. The best part is the drop down and filling out each cell to keep it clean and usable.
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Unread post by The Beast »

I think your placement of the combat bonuses are in the wrong order. You should have the more commonly used ones toward the top and then the least common ones can be alphabetical toward the bottom. I'd have it like this:

APR
Initiative
Strike
Parry
Dodge
Roll
Pull
Damage
Knockout
Death
Disarm

And then after those I'd have a bunch of blank spaces that people can fill in what they need, but not everyone else needs (juicers and auto dodge for example).

As JackofShadows pointed out the bonuses for saving throws and combat need to be able to use double digits. I also noticed that entanglement was listed as a saving throw. To my knowledge it is a combat move, not a saving throw. If you found a book and page where there is a save for it listed could you please post it?

You have a large list for OCC skills, but no list for the OCC related skills. Perhaps changing it to read "OCC/OCC Related Skills" would be better?
RolandCorsair
D-Bee

Updates will happen have my move at end of the month, much thanks for pointing out improvements everyone if you see anything else let me know.

The Beast wrote:I think your placement of the combat bonuses are in the wrong order. You should have the more commonly used ones toward the top and then the least common ones can be alphabetical toward the bottom. I'd have it like this:

APR
Initiative
Strike
Parry
Dodge
Roll
Pull
Damage
Knockout
Death
Disarm

And then after those I'd have a bunch of blank spaces that people can fill in what they need, but not everyone else needs (juicers and auto dodge for example).

As JackofShadows pointed out the bonuses for saving throws and combat need to be able to use double digits. I also noticed that entanglement was listed as a saving throw. To my knowledge it is a combat move, not a saving throw. If you found a book and page where there is a save for it listed could you please post it?

You have a large list for OCC skills, but no list for the OCC related skills. Perhaps changing it to read "OCC/OCC Related Skills" would be better?
RolandCorsair
D-Bee

Updates will happen have my move at end of the month, much thanks for pointing out improvements everyone if you see anything else let me know.

Return to “Rifts®”