There are TWO ARCHIE Titan Tr-004 robots......

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

slade2501
Explorer
Comment: For the baddies I shoot, and their bodies I loot; Oh RNJesus, you I salute!

There are TWO ARCHIE Titan Tr-004 robots......

Unread post by slade2501 »

Yeah, its kinda funny. The Merc-ops book has the robot killer giant robot, and the Rifter #4 has the Rapid Strike 15 footer robot. We might need a revision here........
taalismn
Priest

Re: There are TWO ARCHIE Titan Tr-004 robots......

Unread post by taalismn »

slade2501 wrote:Yeah, its kinda funny. The Merc-ops book has the robot killer giant robot, and the Rifter #4 has the Rapid Strike 15 footer robot. We might need a revision here........

Unless otherwise noted/declared, Rifter material is considered non-canon.
But you could refer to the Rifter Tr-004 as the Tr-004R(or RX).
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Unread post by The Beast »

taalismn wrote:
slade2501 wrote:Yeah, its kinda funny. The Merc-ops book has the robot killer giant robot, and the Rifter #4 has the Rapid Strike 15 footer robot. We might need a revision here........

Unless otherwise noted/declared, Rifter material is considered non-canon.
But you could refer to the Rifter Tr-004 as the Tr-004R(or RX).

And now take a guess as to what the canon status of the material he wrote about is...
Axelmania
Knight

Unread post by Axelmania »

Page numbers would be nice, since OP is obviously looking at the books to compare stats.
slade2501
Explorer
Comment: For the baddies I shoot, and their bodies I loot; Oh RNJesus, you I salute!

Axelmania wrote:Page numbers would be nice, since OP is obviously looking at the books to compare stats.

Rifter 4 page 80 and Merc-ops page 82, weirdly enough.
Axelmania
Knight

Unread post by Axelmania »

Ah, I see what you mean now. I guess even when they do canon stuff in the Rifters, they forget to include that when overviewing the material they're supplementing.
taalismn
Priest

Axelmania wrote:Ah, I see what you mean now. I guess even when they do canon stuff in the Rifters, they forget to include that when overviewing the material they're supplementing.

It happens...especially when you have LOTS of files and WIPs on your computer...sometimes the finer details such as fictitious product codes slip past your attention. :)
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Mack
Supreme Being
Comment: This space for rent.

Unread post by Mack »

And keep in mind how many years are between those two publications.
Some gave all.
Love your neighbor.
Know the facts. Know your opinion. Know the difference.
Khanibal
Hero
Comment: Anything worth killing is worth overkilling.

Unread post by Khanibal »

This looks like a job for the continuity department.

cricket sounds
"Then one day, I was just walking down the street and I heard a voice behind me say, 'Reach for it Mister.', and I spun around and there I was face to face with a six-year-old kid.
Well, I just threw my guns down, walked away. Little bastard shot me in the ass.”

-Waco Kid (Blazing Saddles)
Nightmartree
Adventurer
Comment: I don't know what i'm doing, that's for realities GM to figure out

Unread post by Nightmartree »

Khanibal wrote:This looks like a job for the continuity department.

cricket sounds

We lost them in a spacetime rift yesterday...wait, what spacetime continuity is this? Mom?Dad?Blurgurothuga!? where are you?
slade2501
Explorer

Nightmartree wrote:
Khanibal wrote:This looks like a job for the continuity department.

cricket sounds

We lost them in a spacetime rift yesterday...wait, what spacetime continuity is this? Mom?Dad?Blurgurothuga!? where are you?

I was reviewing the text, and it mentions a model number, the Tr-1000. it uses tr-004 for other references, but that one sticks out in my brain.
"The Tr-1000 has only been made available in the last six months"

I think that was supposed to be the model number. how do we contact a product director on this? I was a librarian, this drives me nuts.
SolCannibal
Champion

Unread post by SolCannibal »

As i don't have the two robots in front of me to compare what i'm going to say could be ridiculously inadequate
and unfeasible but could they not be variant models of one basic chassis, for example? That might be an entertaining
way to solve the issue.

Or someone is selling their own completely made-up homebrew tech as Titan models, simply because it is a respectable
name that gets buyers' interest. Possibilities are many. :wink:
taalismn
Priest

SolCannibal wrote:Or someone is selling their own completely made-up homebrew tech as Titan models, simply because it is a respectable

I'm now seeing a bunch of blacksuited ARCHIE-3 'bots in dark sunglasses showing up to teach the knockoff manufacturers a lesson.
Or maybe just a Shemarrian cavalry charge through their factory. :bandit:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
SolCannibal
Champion

taalismn wrote:
SolCannibal wrote:Or someone is selling their own completely made-up homebrew tech as Titan models, simply because it is a respectable

I'm now seeing a bunch of blacksuited ARCHIE-3 'bots in dark sunglasses showing up to teach the knockoff manufacturers a lesson.

The Shemarrians would possibly take some explaining, but then rumors that they have acquired some bone to pick with Titan Robotics and are taking down their instalations might serve as weird smokescreen and make the prices of Titan products skyrocket in the open and black markets. :twisted:
slade2501
Explorer

SolCannibal wrote:
taalismn wrote:

The Shemarrians would possibly take some explaining, but then rumors that they have acquired some bone to pick with Titan Robotics and are taking down their installations might serve as weird smokescreen and make the prices of Titan products skyrocket in the open and black markets. :twisted:

I love that idea. Archie could stage a "demonstration" of the Shemarrians going ape-crap on a Robot Killer and leak it in several places, including using the sales personnel of Titan robotics to warn adventurers to keep out of the eastern forests with this bot to avoid the wrath of the Shemarrians. that should shut the CS up.
taalismn
Priest

slade2501 wrote:[
I love that idea. Archie could stage a "demonstration" of the Shemarrians going ape-crap on a Robot Killer and leak it in several places, including using the sales personnel of Titan robotics to warn adventurers to keep out of the eastern forests with this bot to avoid the wrath of the Shemarrians. that should shut the CS up.

Conversely, it might encourage the CS to send a few investigators over to Titan to see what ELSE they might have acquired from or learned about the Shemarrians. Just a friendly chat-and-share about those mysterious ladies.
Though, again, some quick-talking about how it was just the guns they got off some wandering merc(who conveniently disappeared) should throw off suspicion.
Still, such details add to the depth of the cover story.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Khanibal
Hero
Comment: Anything worth killing is worth overkilling.

Unread post by Khanibal »

Have a "merc" bot offer to sell one to CS or NG, only to have Shemarrians crash the party.

"You've stolen from us once too often Hanover Fisk."
"Then one day, I was just walking down the street and I heard a voice behind me say, 'Reach for it Mister.', and I spun around and there I was face to face with a six-year-old kid.
Well, I just threw my guns down, walked away. Little bastard shot me in the ass.”

-Waco Kid (Blazing Saddles)
Sir Dellis
Explorer
Comment: There is nothing like wearing Maize and Blue in a sea of putrid Scarlet and Gray.

Unread post by Sir Dellis »

I can't remember where I read it, but the information posted in Rifter #4 was converted from "unofficial" source material to "official" source material in Merc Ops
SolCannibal
Champion

Sir Dellis wrote:I can't remember where I read it, but the information posted in Rifter #4 was converted from "unofficial" source material to "official" source material in Merc Ops

Considering how the thread is about the Titan Tr-004 robots in Merc Ops and Rifter #4 being different from each other, that in particular does not sound very probable.
Sir Dellis
Explorer
Comment: There is nothing like wearing Maize and Blue in a sea of putrid Scarlet and Gray.

SolCannibal wrote:
Sir Dellis wrote:I can't remember where I read it, but the information posted in Rifter #4 was converted from "unofficial" source material to "official" source material in Merc Ops

Considering how the thread is about the Titan Tr-004 robots in Merc Ops and Rifter #4 being different from each other, that in particular does not sound very probable.

I see my error. I opened my Merc Ops and found on pg 70 where the Chipwell suits listed in Merc Ops were "Inspired by material that first appeared in Rifter #4"
SolCannibal
Champion

Sir Dellis wrote:
SolCannibal wrote:

I see my error. I opened my Merc Ops and found on pg 70 where the Chipwell suits listed in Merc Ops were "Inspired by material that first appeared in Rifter #4"

It happens. Anyway good to know some Chipwell stuff made the jump from Rifter to canon through Merc Ops.
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Unread post by The Beast »

Sir Dellis wrote:
SolCannibal wrote:

Did that stuff make it into the Shemarian book? Is that what you're thinking of?
SolCannibal
Champion

The Beast wrote:
Sir Dellis wrote:
SolCannibal wrote:

Did that stuff make it into the Shemarian book? Is that what you're thinking of?

Nope, he just said that the material in Merc Ops "Inspired by material that first appeared in Rifter #4" were the Chipwell suits....
Sir Dellis
Explorer

No idea about the Shemarian book. I have a vast collection but I am missing the Shemarian and "recent" Atlanteans book

Return to “Rifts®”