Psychic ability for DBees

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Atroxadventurer
Wanderer

Psychic ability for DBees

Unread post by Atroxadventurer »

If, under a race's psychic abilities' description, it states: Standard, does that mean that that particular race could have a few Mind Melters, or other Master Psychics, since, I'm assuming standard for humans includes the possibility of such?
Colonel_Tetsuya
Champion

Re: Psychic ability for DBees

Unread post by Colonel_Tetsuya »

Correct. Standard means “just like humans”.
Im loving the Foes list; it's the only thing keeping me from tearing out my eyes from the dumb.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

I think Standard means 'same as humans'. But remember that that standard is variable to which setting is being played and what that setting allows.

So if the char is native to rifts earth, then char could be giving, by the player, a PCC or just roll to see if the char is a major or minor psion.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Axelmania
Knight

Unread post by Axelmania »

Or games like N&SS, TMNT or Nightbane which seem to altogether forgo psychic abilities unless you actually select them via class or racial powers.
Atroxadventurer
Wanderer

Unread post by Atroxadventurer »

Ok, cool. Was just wondering, cause there was a Palladium Fantasy race, that said Standard for Psionics, but didn't list a psychic class for options in rifts or palladium, and I thought a character of that race would make a cool master psionic PC or NPC (they are a big brute race, so figgered it wouldn't be expected).
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Most of the time if the race does not say the members of the race can't have psionics or defines what psionics every member of the race has, the race has the same pionic potential as humans.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
mercedogre
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: I ******* hate the atmosphere of the conversations here on these forums

Unread post by mercedogre »

i say yes except for Mind bleeders and psi-stalkers, those are mutant variants of (only) humans
You'll take my life but I'll take yours too
You'll fire your musket but I'll run you through
So when you're waiting for the next attack
You'd better stand there's no turning back
Colonel_Tetsuya
Champion

Unread post by Colonel_Tetsuya »

mercedogre wrote:i say yes except for Mind bleeders and psi-stalkers, those are mutant variants of (only) humans

Actually, they arent. At the very least, Amaki (WB9) can be both. And i know ive seen a few other races that can be Psi Stalkers.
Im loving the Foes list; it's the only thing keeping me from tearing out my eyes from the dumb.
Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

And Mind Bleeders, BTB, aren't even human, but a D-Bee who simply looks really human.
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
Axelmania
Knight

Worth noting that 'D-Bee' and 'human' are not mutually exclusive, since humans from other dimensions are also D-Bees, so anybody is a D-Bee when they visit another dimension.

Also worth considering that Psi-Stalkers are sometimes not considered 'true' humans, so we could possibly take with a grain of salt how 'inhuman' mind bleeders are.
Nightmartree
Adventurer
Comment: I don't know what i'm doing, that's for realities GM to figure out

Unread post by Nightmartree »

Mark Hall wrote:And Mind Bleeders, BTB, aren't even human, but a D-Bee who simply looks really human.

Isn't there a Mind Bleeder race and then a Mind Bleeder class? like its an actual race but then a number of other races/classes got access to the Mind Bleeder racial psionics?
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Unread post by eliakon »

Nightmartree wrote:
Mark Hall wrote:And Mind Bleeders, BTB, aren't even human, but a D-Bee who simply looks really human.

Isn't there a Mind Bleeder race and then a Mind Bleeder class? like its an actual race but then a number of other races/classes got access to the Mind Bleeder racial psionics?

Maybe
It has been retconned back and forth several times to the point now that the canon basically goes both ways. Basically right now it is 'what ever the author of the current book wants it to be'
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Axelmania
Knight

There is only a Mind Bleeder RCC just like there is only a Psi-Stalker RCC. Mind Bleeder was not reprinted in RUE so it could not be updated to an OCC like Psi-Stalker was.
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Unread post by eliakon »

Axelmania wrote:There is only a Mind Bleeder RCC just like there is only a Psi-Stalker RCC. Mind Bleeder was not reprinted in RUE so it could not be updated to an OCC like Psi-Stalker was.

Which doesn't answer anything because all psychics were RCCs in RMB even the human ones.
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Return to “Rifts®”