Vampiric creatures

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Thom001
Explorer

Vampiric creatures

Unread post by Thom001 »

To be clear, I'm not asking about vampires, but instead looking for what books have beings with vampire like qualities, meaning enhanced abilities like flight or regeneration or immortality and draining life essence like ppe or something similar. I thought there were some in the mystic russia book but can't seem to find it right now and don't currently have access to all of my books.
kaid
Knight

Re: Vampiric creatures

Unread post by kaid »

Lemuria has a weird undersea crabvampire type option. Dark conversions book has some vampire like options for undead. South america 2 has the undead inca which are vampire/mummy abomination things. I think rifts china 1 or 2 has some kind of chinese vampire variant if my fuzzy memory recalls correctly.
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Unread post by The Beast »

Thom001 wrote:To be clear, I'm not asking about vampires, but instead looking for what books have beings with vampire like qualities, meaning enhanced abilities like flight or regeneration or immortality and draining life essence like ppe or something similar. I thought there were some in the mystic russia book but can't seem to find it right now and don't currently have access to all of my books.

I'm still not sure what you're looking for. Are you asking about additional types of undead or are you asking about other creatures that have similar abilities to vampires (such as PPE draining, bio-regeneration, or flight)?
Sohisohi
Explorer

Unread post by Sohisohi »

Thom001 wrote:[. . .] or immortality [. . .]

In one of the rifters their is a zombie-like creature called something along the lines of the "clawed cadaver" so something like it. You come back to life to torment the living after being killed by a wild animal, becoming immortal until said animal dies. Literally haunt the dead after being stung by wild african bees or mauled by a dinosaur.
Colonel_Tetsuya
Champion

Unread post by Colonel_Tetsuya »

Temporal Raiders are PPe vampires
Im loving the Foes list; it's the only thing keeping me from tearing out my eyes from the dumb.
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

Thom001 wrote:To be clear, I'm not asking about vampires, but instead looking for what books have beings with vampire like qualities, meaning enhanced abilities like flight or regeneration or immortality and draining life essence like ppe or something similar. I thought there were some in the mystic russia book but can't seem to find it right now and don't currently have access to all of my books.

If just looking for Flight, regeneration, "immortality" to many, but as far as draining life essences the folloing come to mind....
RMB/RUE/WB13- Psi-Stalkers (PPE Vampires, there are a few variants to )
Vampire Uglies (DB2 pg112, PPE Vampire)
Vampire Flat Worm (WB12 pg112, blood sucker)
Giant Leech (SB4 pg103, blood sucker)
Neuron Beast (SB1o pg115, feed on emotions)
RMB quick roll monster table can have vampire like qualities (not sure about the WB7 table)

Gene Splicers (SB3) IINM are known to produce PPE Vampires (one D-Bee race in WB30 might be their creation)

From a Megaversal Perspective:
-Palladium Fantasy Land of the Damned (#2) has some in it
-Heroes Unlimited has a few vampiric powers related to life essences
Thom001
Explorer

Unread post by Thom001 »

The Beast wrote:

I'm still not sure what you're looking for. Are you asking about additional types of undead or are you asking about other creatures that have similar abilities to vampires (such as PPE draining, bio-regeneration, or flight)?

I was just meaning I was looking for a humanoid being that is more than human,whether that be tougher, faster or heals, something that would be a challenge, that drains life force or ppe or something like that.
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Unread post by The Beast »

Thom001 wrote:I was just meaning I was looking for a humanoid being that is more than human,whether that be tougher, faster or heals, something that would be a challenge, that drains life force or ppe or something like that.

Ok, I got something if you got the book. Life Force Wizard OCC from the Mount Nimro book for PFRPG. They have to drain others for HP/PPE daily, but can store additional PPE for use in spells. Combine that with a species that can dish out and receive a beatdown and I think you'll have what you're looking for. Downside is that you'll have to either make the character as normal and then convert him to Rifts or adjust the skills to what a Rifts-based character could get.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

HU:AU has some alt types of vampires in the monster section. Along with some various undead in the PF:LotD 2 have some vampiric traits (reprinted&converted in RDC.) LotD 1 in the 'random monster' tables has some traits (feeding and otherwise) in it that are simmiler to a traditional vampires'.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Thom001
Explorer

Unread post by Thom001 »

Thank you everyone. That is way more than I expected. Those tables, the occs, and the vampiric creatures will help a lot.

Return to “Rifts®”