Extending Juicer Longevity?

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Re: Extending Juicer Longevity?

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

As per PB's definition of what traditional vampires are in rifts, they are dead bodies filled with a splinter essence of a Vamp. Intel. (if this change in the new VK book I didn't find it)

Time dilation....the slowing of time relative to another time stream....is effectively "sleeping" in that you are not experiencing all the time that others are. As such the char is not gaining any time to his/her life. Just the time is passing slower then the time stream they left behind. (media ref.: Ender's Game. in how the Hero from 70? years ago was still only 30-40ish to teach Ender.)
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Hotrod
Knight

Unread post by Hotrod »

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:As per PB's definition of what traditional vampires are in rifts, they are dead bodies filled with a splinter essence of a Vamp. Intel. (if this change in the new VK book I didn't find it)

Time dilation....the slowing of time relative to another time stream....is effectively "sleeping" in that you are not experiencing all the time that others are. As such the char is not gaining any time to his/her life. Just the time is passing slower then the time stream they left behind. (media ref.: Ender's Game. in how the Hero from 70? years ago was still only 30-40ish to teach Ender.)

Vampires can have some free will, per VK. As for time dilation... well, the topic is "Extending Juicer Longevity?" and my suggestions would do so... from a certain point of view. As KC stated, power coming with a cost is a theme of Rifts (though not as much as it used to be) and so do my solutions.
Hotrod
Author, Rifter Contributor, and Map Artist
Duty's Edge, a Rifts novel. Available as an ebook, PDF,or printed book.
Check out my maps here!
Also, check out my Instant NPC Generators!
Like what you see? There's more on my Patreon Page.
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:As per PB's definition of what traditional vampires are in rifts, they are dead bodies filled with a splinter essence of a Vamp. Intel. (if this change in the new VK book I didn't find it)

I seem to remember a LONG argument over that issue at one point, on whether or not vampires were actually dead.
We had a very difficult time IIRC finding anything in the original VK that outright stated that vampires were dead, and I don't recall anybody coming up with anything solid.
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
dreicunan
Hero

Unread post by dreicunan »

Killer Cyborg wrote:

I seem to remember a LONG argument over that issue at one point, on whether or not vampires were actually dead.
We had a very difficult time IIRC finding anything in the original VK that outright stated that vampires were dead, and I don't recall anybody coming up with anything solid.

Of course the vampire isn't dead. It is "undead." Not alive, not quite dead yet, but also definitely not getting better.
Axelmania wrote:You of course, being the ultimate authority on what is an error and what is not.
Declared the ultimate authority on what is an error and what is not by Axelmania on 5.11.19.
Colonel_Tetsuya
Champion

Unread post by Colonel_Tetsuya »

<undead>——<dead>——<alive>

Its a sliding scale.
Im loving the Foes list; it's the only thing keeping me from tearing out my eyes from the dumb.
guardiandashi
Hero

Unread post by guardiandashi »

dreicunan wrote:
Killer Cyborg wrote:

Of course the vampire isn't dead. It is "undead." Not alive, not quite dead yet, but also definitely not getting better.

Heh vampires are undead, which means they are only mostly dead, which means they are still slightly alive.
if they were all dead then that's when you get a box and bury them....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbE8E1ez97M
dreicunan
Hero

guardiandashi wrote:
dreicunan wrote:
Killer Cyborg wrote:

Heh vampires are undead, which means they are only mostly dead, which means they are still slightly alive.
if they were all dead then that's when you get a box and bury them....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbE8E1ez97M

And go through their clothes to look for loose change!
Axelmania wrote:You of course, being the ultimate authority on what is an error and what is not.
Declared the ultimate authority on what is an error and what is not by Axelmania on 5.11.19.
dreicunan
Hero

Flame of Life spell (Level 6 Fire spell) would be worth examining as a way to survive last call, depending on how one interprets it. Are the effects of being a Juicer a mortal wound or dying of poison?
drazool
Wanderer

Unread post by drazool »

Step one: pay Ichto to fast-grow you a clone body (or three). For best results, start this process within a year of becoming a juicer.
step two: live free and juice hard
step three: pay Ichto to transplant your brain into your fresh, beautiful clone body.
step four: have them rip the bio comp and harness out of your lifeless husk, and install it in your new hotness bod.

rinse/repeat as necessary.

problems I foresee: cost is high, availability is low.
possible issues with degenerative neurological symptoms.
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Unread post by The Beast »

Killer Cyborg wrote:

It says it right there under the Slow Kill section.
"On the third night the victim is slain by having his blood drained."

Also on page 10, the third paragraph down it's talking about what a VI does to someone willing to become a master vampire.
"The fool who accepts such a deal has his life essence torn from its living shell of flesh and blood and is then transformed into a supernatural creature of evil."

There's also numerous references to vampires being undead, though I suppose that'll depend on what the definition of is is.
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

The Beast wrote:
Killer Cyborg wrote:

It says it right there under the Slow Kill section.
"On the third night the victim is slain by having his blood drained."

:ok:
Works for me. Seems definitive for any vamp turned via slow-kill.

Also on page 10, the third paragraph down it's talking about what a VI does to someone willing to become a master vampire.
"The fool who accepts such a deal has his life essence torn from its living shell of flesh and blood and is then transformed into a supernatural creature of evil."

There's also numerous references to vampires being undead, though I suppose that'll depend on what the definition of is is.

Right.
That's the kind of stuff I remember people saying, "Sure, but they don't DIE when their life essence is torn from them..."
And I don't think we ever found a good definition of "undead."
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

Undead are things like vampires they are thinking beings but are not alive. The dead are things like skeletons/zombies/spell caster created mummies. They are basically just puppets for necromantic spell magic no true intelligence of their own basically just mystically created automatons.
Eagle
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Eagle »

I think the new Vampire Kingdoms book says that Juicers can't be turned. But that's stupid. I think it's a great selling point for Vamps to hire some Juicer guards. "Work for us for a few years and we'll make you immortal before you burn out."

But the method I'd use if I were going to become a Juicer (and knew all the game rules ahead of time, and had access blah blah blah). Get some magic tattoos before you juice. Keep getting them as you adventure. When you approach Last Call, go get your 6th tat. You instantly become a supernatural MDC being, and you are no longer eligible for Juicer status. The drugs will basically just stop working. You are now a Tattooed Man. It's just like the Borg option, except you can still have sex.
drazool
Wanderer

Unread post by drazool »

Eagle wrote:I think the new Vampire Kingdoms book says that Juicers can't be turned. But that's stupid. I think it's a great selling point for Vamps to hire some Juicer guards. "Work for us for a few years and we'll make you immortal before you burn out."

But the method I'd use if I were going to become a Juicer (and knew all the game rules ahead of time, and had access blah blah blah). Get some magic tattoos before you juice. Keep getting them as you adventure. When you approach Last Call, go get your 6th tat. You instantly become a supernatural MDC being, and you are no longer eligible for Juicer status. The drugs will basically just stop working. You are now a Tattooed Man. It's just like the Borg option, except you can still have sex.

That depends entirely on what set of bionics you take. :-P

Return to “Rifts®”