Rifts Northern Indiana

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Iron Sorcerer
D-Bee

Rifts Northern Indiana

Unread post by Iron Sorcerer »

Are there any specific descriptions of northern Indiana in any of the books? Southern Indiana is mentioned but not much on the north. I'd imagine it has Psi-Stalkers, D-Bees and the occasional magic user that wonders north from the Ohio valley.
The Oh So Amazing Nate
Hero

Re: Rifts Northern Indiana

Unread post by The Oh So Amazing Nate »

My friend all that Any portion of Indiana get's is a measley "it's in the magic zone" type mention.
Look upon me and tremble ye masses. For I am The Necroposter!
keir451 wrote:Amazing Nate; Thanks for your support!

Razzinold wrote:And the award for best witty retort to someone reporting a minor vehicular collision goes to:
The Oh So Amazing Nate!

Nate, you sir win the internet for today! You've definitely earned the "oh so amazing" part of your name today. :lol:
TeeAychEeMarchHare
Explorer
Comment: War to the knife, knife to the hilt.

Unread post by TeeAychEeMarchHare »

Iron Sorcerer wrote:Are there any specific descriptions of northern Indiana in any of the books? Southern Indiana is mentioned but not much on the north. I'd imagine it has Psi-Stalkers, D-Bees and the occasional magic user that wonders north from the Ohio valley.

You could create something.

Will you do me a favor if you do write the area up? Make Pierre's in Ft. Wayne still around and having concerts. I never got to go there when I lived out that way, but I've heard a lot about it.
Too much ammo is a self-correcting problem.
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

I assume the northern part up by gary is probably covered pretty heavily by CS forces patrolling old chicago and the vicinity. Most of it though likely falls into the magic zone/wilderness category I am not sure we have any real cannon major settlements in that area.
The Oh So Amazing Nate
Hero

Unread post by The Oh So Amazing Nate »

kaid wrote:I assume the northern part up by gary is probably covered pretty heavily by CS forces patrolling old chicago and the vicinity. Most of it though likely falls into the magic zone/wilderness category I am not sure we have any real cannon major settlements in that area.

Not anything that I've been able to find in RMF RUE or FoM. I live in the SW part of the state near Terre Haute. I guess being "in the magic zone" really did a number on places like Indy, Bloomington, Terre Haute, and Evansville.

I wish you the best of luck in creating your new world material. I used to want to do a Midwest focused After The Bomb book centered on Indiana, but it never came to be. I'd get really excited with half formed ideas and concepts, be to wound up to flesh any of them out, and then be struck with months of writers block. It's been years now and I've never gotten more than a few rough idea's sketched out.
Look upon me and tremble ye masses. For I am The Necroposter!
keir451 wrote:Amazing Nate; Thanks for your support!

Razzinold wrote:And the award for best witty retort to someone reporting a minor vehicular collision goes to:
The Oh So Amazing Nate!

Nate, you sir win the internet for today! You've definitely earned the "oh so amazing" part of your name today. :lol:

Return to “Rifts®”