Pneumatic Punching Jackhammer Arm

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

pad300
Wanderer

Pneumatic Punching Jackhammer Arm

Unread post by pad300 »

Pneumatic Punching Jackhammer Arm, RUE, pg 53. Bionics Sourcebook Pg. 91

This has been printed twice, so I assume it's not an error. (Yes, I understand this is a big assumption...)

Why does this give you +1 APM? Should this attack actually be limited to punching only (current text mentions no limitations - ie you can dodge, fire a gun, etc)? Does this thing interfere with the other abilities of the hand/arm - ie do you still get a functional hand? How of these can you buy (presumably as many as the # of arms on your cyborg)?
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Re: Pneumatic Punching Jackhammer Arm

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

Restricting APMs to specific circumstances do exist. As a GM you could restricted the bonus action to the use of that limb.

As to why it provides an extra APM? I would put it down to the superior reaction speed of pneumatic systems over a hydraulic system (or what ever is "standard" artificial muscle for 'borg limbs).
TeeAychEeMarchHare
Explorer
Comment: War to the knife, knife to the hilt.

Re: Pneumatic Punching Jackhammer Arm

Unread post by TeeAychEeMarchHare »

I'll have to look this up next time I sit down at my computer, but just from reading this I'm betting this will end up being one of those things I delete or heavily edit for the game I'm working on now.

If the description says it inflicts MD, then yeah, it's getting deleted.

I can see giving extra attacks if ALL you're doing is punching the same target over and over, or smashing the same skull against the concrete over and over, beating on the same door over and over to break through, etc.
Too much ammo is a self-correcting problem.

Return to “Rifts®”