How often to Xiticix Molt?

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Blackwater Sniper
Explorer
Comment: The only bad character is the one you didn't put on paper.

How often to Xiticix Molt?

Unread post by Blackwater Sniper »

The story I'm writing is taking my "heroes" into Xiticix Territory and I can't find any research into their growing habits.
The Xiticix Invastion describes the hive structure overall, but I was looking into canon info before I rewrote their hierarchy, status, tribes, and inner conflicts.
So what if I don’t know what apocalypse means? It’s not the end of the world!
Axelmania
Knight

Re: How often to Xiticix Molt?

Unread post by Axelmania »

I can't even remember mention of this, was it added in Invasion somewhere?
Colonel_Tetsuya
Champion

Unread post by Colonel_Tetsuya »

Blackwater Sniper wrote:The story I'm writing is taking my "heroes" into Xiticix Territory and I can't find any research into their growing habits.
The Xiticix Invastion describes the hive structure overall, but I was looking into canon info before I rewrote their hierarchy, status, tribes, and inner conflicts.

Not sure XI has any growing info or not, but one thing i cna say is that hierarchy is well documented, im not sure what you mean by “status”, there are no “tribes” (just Hives), and individual Hives have no inner conflicts of any kind. The Hives are not allied, and will conflict with each other (to the point of wiping each other out) if there isnt room to expand. But this is a non-issue on Rifts Earth where there is plenty of room.
Im loving the Foes list; it's the only thing keeping me from tearing out my eyes from the dumb.
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

Blackwater Sniper wrote:The story I'm writing is taking my "heroes" into Xiticix Territory and I can't find any research into their growing habits.

There is a part that describes how quickly they grow to maturity, but no references to them molting.
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

there is no reference to Moulting/Ecdysis for the Xiticix, and since the Grubs seems to gain shells and more adult feature as they grow into Nits, it is likely they are an Incomplete Metamorphosis species, which do not pupate, but rather the larval young grow directly into adults, gaining more adult features over time.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website

Return to “Rifts®”