My First Rifts Campaign

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

DrPepper1885
Newb

My First Rifts Campaign

Unread post by DrPepper1885 »

I am going to (try) running a Rifts campaign for my friends. I have never seriously DM/GM'ed before, and I was wondering if people had any advice for an easy starter campaign. I am mainly having a difficult time with the location and main questline. I currently have the Rifts Silver Collectors Edition, and have ordered a game shield with the Hook, Lines and Sinkers booklet. The players O.C.C/R.C.C are a Great Horned Dragon, a Borg, and a Rouge Cyber Knight. Thanks for responding!
Natasha
Champion
Comment: Doomed to crumble unless we grow, and strengthen our communication.

Re: My First Rifts Campaign

Unread post by Natasha »

Pick a location you know in real life and play there or apply the descriptions to somewhere that might make more sense for your game. It's the far future, everything is different (mostly). Have them check out a rumour that would be interesting to them whether it's true or not.
lather
Champion

Unread post by lather »

It should probably be something the three of them have in common. Are there are any prompts in their character back stories? I find it's worth it for all of us to brainstorm ideas.

The group seems combat oriented (that's an assumption on my part), so maybe some trolls (literally or otherwise) have set up shop on the bridge along the road into town. They don't have to be motivated by good to want to clear the trolls out.
DrPepper1885
Newb

Unread post by DrPepper1885 »

(the short, not complicated version)The cyber knight has gone rogue because he couldn't stand losing a fight, the Borg escaped the Coalition as soon as he could, and the Dragon hatchling was adopted by the Borg. I had an idea where the Coalition placed a bounty on the Dragon and Borg, and the Cyber Knight takes up the bounty, works with them for a bit, and turns them in to the Coalition. That is what I have so far.
lather
Champion

Unread post by lather »

PCs working against each other can be problematic. But it seems you're left with the same question of what they're going to do together. Maybe some monster fighting in the west.

Return to “Rifts®”