Whykin question

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Jason Richards
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer

Whykin question

Unread post by Jason Richards »

Hey dudes and dudettes, help a brother out.

As of RUE, Whykin had been offered a place at the CS table, and the king was supposedly considering accepting statehood (RUE, p. 25).

In subsequent books, has that storyline ever progressed at all? I don't think it has, but certainly could be missing something.

Thanks in advance.
Support the Breachworld RPG! This D6 RPG is full-color and packed with handcrafted gaming goodness.

Get the whole scoop at http://www.breachworld.com
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Re: Whykin question

Unread post by The Beast »

Jason Richards wrote:Hey dudes and dudettes, help a brother out.

As of RUE, Whykin had been offered a place at the CS table, and the king was supposedly considering accepting statehood (RUE, p. 25).

In subsequent books, has that storyline ever progressed at all? I don't think it has, but certainly could be missing something.

Thanks in advance.

If there's an official answer it'll likely be in the HoH book.
Dustin Fireblade
Knight

Unread post by Dustin Fireblade »

Jason Richards wrote:Hey dudes and dudettes, help a brother out.

Thanks in advance.

There's been no updates as of yet.
Fell
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Fell »

Pg 144 of Aftermath Book.

Whykin info.
Dan Frederick
silversarith
D-Bee

Unread post by silversarith »

Unless I'm mistaken, RUE is a more recent release than Aftermath isn't it? I don't know of any official update to any of that info; but I can certainly tell you that the way I run things myself by the time the Minion war stuff breaks out at the absolute latest I would have them joining in an official capacity. Didn't see a note about them in HoH. Coalition has always liked them as both trade partners and as a barrier to some of that bad stuff in the magic zone, so I could pretty easily see a chunk of the eastern boarder of CS Missouri and CS El Dorado being given over to create a border state in addition to probably claiming a bit of the magic zone. Looking at the map thats stickied at the top of the forum, I would assume they would claim a chunk south and west of Whykin, all the way up to the south eastern edge of Chitown probably incorporating the Devils gate. Just my two cents.
Dustin Fireblade
Knight

Unread post by Dustin Fireblade »

Yeah RUE is more recent. The information is almost the same, but Aftermath I believe gives Whykin slightly larger military forces (like a handful more Glitter Boys or such).

There's a brief blurb in MercTown about Whykin as well - talks about the Whykin river port of 'Calm Waters' I think.

Toyed with submitting my Whykin material years ago. About 50-60 pages worth of notes and stuff.
TeeAychEeMarchHare
Explorer
Comment: War to the knife, knife to the hilt.

Unread post by TeeAychEeMarchHare »

Dustin Fireblade wrote:Yeah RUE is more recent. The information is almost the same, but Aftermath I believe gives Whykin slightly larger military forces (like a handful more Glitter Boys or such).

There's a brief blurb in MercTown about Whykin as well - talks about the Whykin river port of 'Calm Waters' I think.

Toyed with submitting my Whykin material years ago. About 50-60 pages worth of notes and stuff.

If you're not going to do so, would you mind posting it here? I love reading new and interesting ideas, even if I never incorporate them into a game.
Too much ammo is a self-correcting problem.

Return to “Rifts®”