Travelling to and from Manoa

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Drachenwulf
D-Bee

Travelling to and from Manoa

Unread post by Drachenwulf »

I am playing an Undead Slayer from clan Skellian, but the campaign is taking place in North America so far. What are options for travelling to and from Manoa (even if just every level to get new tattoos)? Mystical or Mundane options are welcomed.
Colonel_Tetsuya
Champion

Re: Travelling to and from Manoa

Unread post by Colonel_Tetsuya »

Drachenwulf wrote:I am playing an Undead Slayer from clan Skellian, but the campaign is taking place in North America so far. What are options for travelling to and from Manoa (even if just every level to get new tattoos)? Mystical or Mundane options are welcomed.

Use a pyramid.

There are pyramids in (at least) Arzno, Alexandria Queenston, and Lazlo. Maybe some scattered areound the Magic Zone, the remains of Tolkeen, and New Lazlo.

Edit: also, make friends with a Shifter.
Im loving the Foes list; it's the only thing keeping me from tearing out my eyes from the dumb.
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Unread post by eliakon »

Colonel_Tetsuya wrote:
Drachenwulf wrote:I am playing an Undead Slayer from clan Skellian, but the campaign is taking place in North America so far. What are options for travelling to and from Manoa (even if just every level to get new tattoos)? Mystical or Mundane options are welcomed.

Use a pyramid.

There are pyramids in (at least) Arzno, Alexandria Queenston, and Lazlo. Maybe some scattered areound the Magic Zone, the remains of Tolkeen, and New Lazlo.

And there is one in Merctown.
Between Merctown, Queenston, Arzno, Tolkeen (if your game is pre war), and Lazlo you are probably going to be in the vicinity, either physically, or via ley-line phasing, of a Pyramid most of the time.

And Arzno may even have some clan alchemists around who can provide you a Monster Shaping tattoo. Otherwise you can get a tattoo from any regular Alchemist... and those exist in Arzno and several other places in North America already (no need to go all the way down to Manoa)
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Mack
Supreme Being
Comment: This space for rent.

Unread post by Mack »

On the flip side, your GM could have a Tattoo Master just happen to cross paths with you whenever it's time for a new tattoo.
Some gave all.
Love your neighbor.
Know the facts. Know your opinion. Know the difference.
Drachenwulf
D-Bee

Unread post by Drachenwulf »

eliakon wrote:
Colonel_Tetsuya wrote:

Use a pyramid.

And there is one in Merctown.
Between Merctown, Queenston, Arzno, Tolkeen (if your game is pre war), and Lazlo you are probably going to be in the vicinity, either physically, or via ley-line phasing, of a Pyramid most of the time.

And Arzno may even have some clan alchemists around who can provide you a Monster Shaping tattoo. Otherwise you can get a tattoo from any regular Alchemist... and those exist in Arzno and several other places in North America already (no need to go all the way down to Manoa)

guess I gotta see if my gm has arzno or merctown... what book or books has info on Queenston and Lazlo/New Lazlo?
Colonel_Tetsuya
Champion

Unread post by Colonel_Tetsuya »

Queenston Harbour is in Soircebook 4 - CS Navy

Lazlo and New Lazlo have never been officially detailed, but given what we do know about Lazlo (that it is quite a bit larger than Tolkeen at its height) the idea of them NOT having Pyramids is ludicrous. Same with New Lazlo (though quite a bit smaller than Lazlo, it was founded by people from Lazlo).

And thats just being consevativen given the ENORMOUS benefits a Pyramid brings to a community (weather control, MDC bunker, massive PPE reserves, control of the attached ley lines, accelerated healing and rejuvination, etc), any magic-using community that CAN build one almost invariably will.

Id imagine that the larger towns in the Federation alll have at least a small pyramid.

I also forgot about Dweomer, Magestar, Stormspire, as well.
Im loving the Foes list; it's the only thing keeping me from tearing out my eyes from the dumb.
Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

I was recently musing about a Atlantean Nomad character who was a surveyor... mapping ley lines and nexuses so others could come in and "cap" them with Pyramids.

That said, for a mundane option, you might have gone from Manoa to Colombia, then north on some of their ships to Houstown or Port Horus/Fort Pinnacle (depending on when you arrived). That'll get you north, Houstown is big enough that you might stick some True Atlantean contacts in there.
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

i used the Pyramids approach for my Clan Skellian cyberknight.. having heard about the cyberknights (and not fairing well as a psychic under the tutelage of his more magically inclined family), he convinced the clan to let him go join the Cyberknights, and learn their skills (under the idea of eventually coming back and teaching them to his clan in manoa.) so he was allowed to use the Pyramid to transport to Lazlo, where he was fairly quickly delivered to some Knights to start his training and trip to the main monastery/training ground.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Axelmania
Knight

Unread post by Axelmania »

Do we have any examples of Atlanteans being able to enjoy the living MDC armor Cyber-Knights now get? Not sure how that works with magical transformation restrictions, as it kinda resembles a partial version of becoming an Anti-Monster, much like the TW-Juicers.

I guess since Atlanteans can become Splugorth Juicers with those Symbiotes we could look at it like that.
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

With the new book one option would be the tattoo of your home pyramid. Basically it is like the shifter power that allows you to always get "home" where home equals the pyramid pictured. In theory you could get a couple one for manoa and one for one of the northern pyramids like lazlo/merctown. It would cost some tatoo power but allows a pretty reasonable excuse for why you can get back home for tattoos. Undead slayers normally don't have them but if you are an advanced scout it does not seem unreasonable to provide you with a easy way back home.
Axelmania
Knight

Unread post by Axelmania »

Which page can I find this teleportation tattoo?
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

I would have to check my book it is in the new secrets of atlanteans book when I get home. It is one of the new dimensional tattoo options. Normally they are not available to undead hunters but seems a pretty easy GM compromise and that tattoo only ever sends you to one specific location so hard to abuse.
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

Page 174 pyramid with atlantean crest tattoo works basically like shifter return home self rift power.
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Unread post by eliakon »

Since the T-man can only get tattoos at most every six months the Clans might have "Circuit Artists" who travel a set circuit hitting specific cities and locations on specific times to upgrade those needing upgrades.
This of course allows the GM and Player to arrange for there to be a "stop over" nearby as needed. It can even become an adventure
"Okay guys, I can get another tattoo next week. There will be an alchemist that can do that stopping over at Bluffington in two weeks as well. However if we don't do something about this CS column here their going to over run Bluffington in eight days."
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

I would assume most major places of magic like lazlo or even merc town probably have some periodic visitation by atlanteans. Any place with a pyramid should allow most undead slayers if they have access to use the pyramid to return home and then return back with reasonable degree of success.

Return to “Rifts®”