M-90 Beachstormer Question

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

RockJock
Knight

M-90 Beachstormer Question

Unread post by RockJock »

How does everyone play this weapon?

Under the Semper Fi PA the M-90 is a standard weapon, but doesn't list a weight, great. Underseas also says that Tritonia Merbots carries the M-90 as a standard weapon and goes on to say that others can use this weapon, but need to be 12 ft tall and have a PS of 40 to use it without fairly major penalties. Now the problems.

The Merbot has a PS of 40, but is under 12 ft. The Semper Fi, which uses the M-90 as a standard weapon isn't tall enough, or strong enough to use the M-90 based on the blurb under the Merbot. In my games we have just ignored this, and said a PS of 30 is needed. How do ya'll handle this?
RockJock, holder of the mighty Rune Rock Hammer!
Colonel_Tetsuya
Champion

Re: M-90 Beachstormer Question

Unread post by Colonel_Tetsuya »

RockJock wrote:How does everyone play this weapon?

Under the Semper Fi PA the M-90 is a standard weapon, but doesn't list a weight, great. Underseas also says that Tritonia Merbots carries the M-90 as a standard weapon and goes on to say that others can use this weapon, but need to be 12 ft tall and have a PS of 40 to use it without fairly major penalties. Now the problems.

The Merbot has a PS of 40, but is under 12 ft. The Semper Fi, which uses the M-90 as a standard weapon isn't tall enough, or strong enough to use the M-90 based on the blurb under the Merbot. In my games we have just ignored this, and said a PS of 30 is needed. How do ya'll handle this?

"Others can use this weapon" = just dudes. Not guys in Power Armor. Or Borgs. Or guys with Supernatural PS.

Thats what you need (12ft tall and 40 normal PS) to use it if you're just a dude.

If you're a Borg with Robotic Strength, Robot/PA, or have supernatural strength.... i'd say you're good to go. You dont even need to have high SN Strength, really.
Im loving the Foes list; it's the only thing keeping me from tearing out my eyes from the dumb.
Proseksword
Adventurer

Unread post by Proseksword »

PS 40 =/= Robotic PS 40. I don't think it's a problem.
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

Colonel_Tetsuya wrote:
RockJock wrote:How does everyone play this weapon?

"Others can use this weapon" = just dudes. Not guys in Power Armor. Or Borgs. Or guys with Supernatural PS.

Thats what you need (12ft tall and 40 normal PS) to use it if you're just a dude.

If you're a Borg with Robotic Strength, Robot/PA, or have supernatural strength.... i'd say you're good to go. You dont even need to have high SN Strength, really.

Pretty much this. That caveat is there if you have a big strong DBee that has a desire to tote this thing around and its pretty much designed to be used by power armor or cyborgs.
RockJock
Knight

So no problem with say a Samson wielding one?
Colonel_Tetsuya
Champion

Unread post by Colonel_Tetsuya »

RockJock wrote:So no problem with say a Samson wielding one?

I can't imagine there being a problem. The Samson is quite large anyway (nearly 12ft - i think it's 11ft) and is very brawny and already has a rail gun that probably weighs more.
Im loving the Foes list; it's the only thing keeping me from tearing out my eyes from the dumb.
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

RockJock wrote:So no problem with say a Samson wielding one?

Not at all...or go the way and mount it as a backmount heavy weapon, rather than a handheld.
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
RockJock
Knight

Thanks for the input. I'll stay with the original thought of using 30 PS as an arbitrary number instead of 40 PS.

Return to “Rifts®”