TW archer

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

masslegion
Explorer

TW archer

Unread post by masslegion »

Has anyone created a Magical Warrior Class Archer? Or did I miss a thread where this is discussed more?

I'm aware of the T-Archer in Splynn Dimensional Market and of goblin bombs used with arrows, but I guess I was looking for more.
Books
D-Bee

Re: TW archer

Unread post by Books »

This is the only thing which comes to mind.
http://kitsunesden.xyz/Rifts/Rifts-OCCs ... er_OCC.htm
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

In a Rifter there are Psi archers, Demon Bow archers, and performing(marksman) archer classes.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

IIRC I've tried my hand at making TW/EW bows and such. Merc Ops has a Crossbow (TW), and Spirit West has magical bows (per BoM)

The only Rifts Archers that come to mind are:
Samurai OCC and Nina OCC (WB8, traditionalists, there are a few magical bow/arrows)
Equinoid RCC (WB9, with its Psi-Bow)
Larhold Barbarians (WB9, they have bow weapons, not sure if they have a true archer though off hand)
T-Archer (WB21)

Rifts Spirt West might have something to given its inclusion of magical bows.
dragonfett
Knight

Unread post by dragonfett »

Don't forget the Laser Bow!
Under the Pain of Death
I would Stand Alone
Against an Army of Darkness
And Horrors Unknown
Colonel_Tetsuya
Champion

Unread post by Colonel_Tetsuya »

Books wrote:This is the only thing which comes to mind.
http://kitsunesden.xyz/Rifts/Rifts-OCCs ... er_OCC.htm

I dont think you'd need to be a different class necessarily to be a Techno-Wizard Archer.

Just play a TW and take the requisite W.P.s

Yeah, no sharpshooting, but.. meh?

Considering you should be able to make an arrowhead version of any of the TW grenades without any modification/GM intervention at all, you could do some pretty amazing stuff.

Carpet of Adhesion Arrows?
Arrows that put up defensive shields for friends? (Energy Field)
Arrows that strike for Call Lightning when you need the big bang.
Arrows that have extremely long range (rocket up to mini-missile speeds when fired).

I can see lots of applications.

Mind, you'd do "better" just being a regular old TW and using guns, but from a flavor standpoint, that character could be a crap load of fun.
Im loving the Foes list; it's the only thing keeping me from tearing out my eyes from the dumb.
Daniel Stoker
Knight
Comment: Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis

Unread post by Daniel Stoker »

I'm with Tetsuya here and think a TW with an archery focus would be pretty darn dangerous on his own and could be fun to play.

Daniel Stoker
Judaism - More Old School than either Christianity or Islam.
tsh77769
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by tsh77769 »

My best recommendation would be to look at the ancient weapons master from HU PU2 and just call the weapon enhancements magical and the training be partly training and partly magical along the lines of mystical one-ness all zen like. For further ideas, look at the magical bow features in Rifts Japan. Additionally, the bow should be able to cast magic spells as techno wizard items frequently do. Perhaps there could be a spot in the grip that holds a removable/modular crystal housing and depending on what crystal you have in their is what magic it cast (as per gem abilities in HU 2 or crystal magic from Rifts Atlantis/Secrets of the Atlanteans).

Good luck, it is definitely a cool idea.

tsh77769
Blue_Lion
Knight

Unread post by Blue_Lion »

well when you combine the TW goblin grenade arrows with tech arrows, you have a charter that starts getting into the Hawkeye/Green arrow trick archer level of tricks. My favorite tw class to build as a archer is the ninja tw. With the martial arts available they can have auto dodge.
The Clones are coming you shall all be replaced, but who is to say you have not been replaced already.

Master of Type-O and the obvios.

Soon my army oc clones and winged-monkies will rule the world but first, must .......

I may debate canon and RAW, but the games I run are highly house ruled. So I am not debating for how I play but about how the system works as written.
Swift-13
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Swift-13 »

As a spin-off of an archer, I could certainly see TW-harpoons! Even bigger payload than an arrow, even! I believe Quebec has a triple-launcher for true versatility. :D
Remember who you wanted to be.
Blue_Lion
Knight

Unread post by Blue_Lion »

Swift-13 wrote:As a spin-off of an archer, I could certainly see TW-harpoons! Even bigger payload than an arrow, even! I believe Quebec has a triple-launcher for true versatility. :D

Harpoon guns would be about the same payload as an arrow.
The Clones are coming you shall all be replaced, but who is to say you have not been replaced already.

Master of Type-O and the obvios.

Soon my army oc clones and winged-monkies will rule the world but first, must .......

I may debate canon and RAW, but the games I run are highly house ruled. So I am not debating for how I play but about how the system works as written.

Return to “Rifts®”