go to resource for techno weapons and gear

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

SycophantNagaraja
Dungeon Crawler

go to resource for techno weapons and gear

Unread post by SycophantNagaraja »

Which book or books would you recommend as a go-to resource?
http://prophetx.deviantart.com

"You did 264 MD to the guys head, and you think you could capture his helmet intact?" - Killer Cyborg
I just remembered, I forgot the rule of headshots doing x2 damage. That should have been 528MD." -Lord_Coake
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Re: go to resource for techno weapons and gear

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

depends on what you have in mind.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
SycophantNagaraja
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by SycophantNagaraja »

Techno wizardry
http://prophetx.deviantart.com

"You did 264 MD to the guys head, and you think you could capture his helmet intact?" - Killer Cyborg
I just remembered, I forgot the rule of headshots doing x2 damage. That should have been 528MD." -Lord_Coake
boring7
Explorer

Unread post by boring7 »

TW stuff seems intentionally spread out all over creation. Quite possibly because it is the easiest way for the author(s) to insert improbable and silly yet "rule of cool" items. Like a single-action pistol that remains competitive with an automatic plasma rifle.

That said, Book of Magic is chock full of TW stuff (and bio-wizardry and others), from siege engines (a LOT of the stuff from Siege on Tolkeen is there) to the magic alligator clip that hits your sword with Enchant Weapon.
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

Book of magic is pretty much the best one stop shopping place. That has all the stuff from the first edition of the federation of magic and some other TW stuff as well. That said there is TW stuff all over the place like new west/arzno and other various source books but book of magic has all the major "default" stuff you are likely to need.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

The three books with the most canon TW stuff are the RMB, RUE, Fed. of Magic (pre-revised) and the RBoM.
There are also some TW stuff spread through out the rifters. (Here is something to look at. viewforum.php?f=39 )
Other then that There are the Eco-wizard stuff in one of the Dino-swamp books. Which follow the RMB TW creation rules. (They are pre-RUE, and have not had an "up-date" to say if they follow the new TW magic item creation rules.)
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

Unread post by Warshield73 »

Arzno is a great book for TW and the Rifters have some good ones. Rifter 13 has Necromancy TW, 59 has some cool devices as well as some interesting plot ideas.
Northern Gun Chief of Robotics
Designer of NG-X40 Storm Hammer Power Armor & NG-HC1000 Dragonfly Hover Chopper
Big game hunter, explorer extra ordinaire and expert on the Aegis Buffalo
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider Rifts Bestiary: Vol 1, Rifts Bestiary: Vol 2

Return to “Rifts®”