Political Ideologies Cross-Reference Chart

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

LostOne
Champion

Political Ideologies Cross-Reference Chart

Unread post by LostOne »

I was curious if anyone had made a resource like this for quick reference. As some nations I don't recall the official viewpoints on some of these.

I had the idea for a cross-reference grid. Nations (North America or all on Earth) along one side and tech, magic, psionics, d-bees, alien tech along the other side. Then maybe a y/n or number system in the grid to say that where Coalition States meets with Magic they don't like it. Or where X nation crosses with alien tech they distrust it or are indifferent about it, etc.

I think that could be a valuable resource when travel around the continent/globe results in a random encounter with a local patrol/officer and you haven't used that nation much, or when the party decides to run off to a part of the world that is less written about or you haven't familiarized yourself with in a long time.
"But you can't make an omelet without ruthlessly crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning to others." -Order of the Stick #760
TeeAychEeMarchHare
Explorer
Comment: War to the knife, knife to the hilt.

Re: Political Ideologies Cross-Reference Chart

Unread post by TeeAychEeMarchHare »

That's something I've been considering doing. I may yet, if I can find a way to make it fit on a page or two nicely. Most likely'd I'd do an Excel spreadsheet.

Would be a lot handier than trying to remember every faction's attitudes toward everything.
Too much ammo is a self-correcting problem.
LostOne
Champion

Unread post by LostOne »

Exactly. A spreadsheet would make sense to me too. We're seeing more and more digital use during games. Character sheets on phones, purchased PDFs and GM notes on phone, etc. We're bringing far fewer books to games, less need to haul a gamer crate around. It's nice. :)
"But you can't make an omelet without ruthlessly crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning to others." -Order of the Stick #760
TeeAychEeMarchHare
Explorer
Comment: War to the knife, knife to the hilt.

Unread post by TeeAychEeMarchHare »

LostOne wrote:Exactly. A spreadsheet would make sense to me too. We're seeing more and more digital use during games. Character sheets on phones, purchased PDFs and GM notes on phone, etc. We're bringing far fewer books to games, less need to haul a gamer crate around. It's nice. :)

Hell yes. I started just writing/typing the info I needed, rather than dragging a bunch of books. Rifts and Shadowrun were each enough to make whoever carried them sad. The Star Wars game by FFG now is bad, bad, bad.
Too much ammo is a self-correcting problem.
LostOne
Champion

Unread post by LostOne »

I had two portable fileboxes I used for books in high school. It would take twice that many now if I was bringing everything. Thank god for ebooks. All I need now is my phone/tablet and a bag of dice.
Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

I like the idea. I'd also include a rough population, and would lean towards a 1-5 rating on their opinions... 5 being "Embrace Fully", 1 being "Shoot on sight"
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Zer0 Kay »

I'd like to see something more like a book or better yet a binder, something like the Monster Manuals of AD&D 2ed, and data sheets either sold with the books (but that would require having them wrapped, YUCK) or as regional packs and updates, with information like this.
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid
Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech
Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus
The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)

Return to “Rifts®”