self-healing borgs

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Axelmania
Knight

self-healing borgs

Unread post by Axelmania »

Since this isn't about Phase Weapons, going to spin this into a new thread. From the start, borgs have body MDC which they can supplement with extra armor.

RMBp239 gave 180 for partial, 280 for full.

I was never sure how to get that restored. Borg armor was simple enough, use the SB1 costs, or just buying a new suit can be cheaper.

MDC of built-in armor, either the aforementioned 180/280 or an implant like cyber-armor, is an enigma to me. It isnt worn so I didn't think it would fa under body armor cost guidelines. Bionics/Cybernetocs are things I would expect you need a cyberdoc to repair while operators could deal with body armor.

I mean... Maybe if it was really minor (1 MDC?) an operator could fix it? Not sure how much damage before you go from machine parts to bloody biology.

DB2's Wolfen Quatoria were neat because they had nanobots to effect repairs. Something I hadn't seen before. It mentioned "metal and flesh components of the Quatoria can be repaired or healed through conventional medicine and mechanics" too, which I figure is a reference to cyberdocs (fixers/ops could probably help but maybe only do 40% of the work)

2 other bionic organisms are in PW: the Repo Bot on 46 (no self heal banks mentioned, though I would assume their force field regens like other naruni fields even if it doesn't day that under the OCC) and the Machine People on 79 who regenerate much faster than the Quatoria and also have a higher daily maximum (20d6 v 16d6 without external assistance) of healing. MP could also exceed max easier as long as they were conscious. Eating metal is probably cheaper than finding a medic+mechanic.

With recent ideas going around about Borgs being MDC beings and not machines...

Wouldn't this mean Borgs and sentient robots like ARCHIE all now heal 2D6 MDC per day since is the basic rule for MDC beings introduced in the conversion book? I would think this applies except in cases where it exicitly says an MDC being heals slower or not at all.

The question is: do we have text anywhere saying these normal bionic organisms do not heal?

If we call into question the 2d6/day for Borgs, why not also call I to question the d6/day for all MDC beings without stated healing rates?

If we were to give 2d6/day self repair to all Borgs, why not to all robots as well? They are more expensive and not complicated by the need to support organic organs, so it should be pretty easy...

Come to think of it, isn't it strange stuff like the IRMSS exists but not any nanobots for repairing Borgs or power armor?

It might make a lot of sense to give the 2d6/day. Repairing robots and power armor is much more expensive than body armor and this could help offset that some, make their high prices more worthwhile.
kaid
Knight

Re: self-healing borgs

Unread post by kaid »

There are specific cyborg upgrades that are basically nanite vessels that can release to repair a certain amount of damage on borgs without needing to manually repair them. They usually have a specific number of uses before you have to replenish them. The Quatorias auto repair system is one of the things that makes them really impressive high tech borgs.

For most borgs you need a cyberdoc or an operator/engineer with correct skills to repair bionics. This is why the borg armor is nice it is a hell of a lot easier to find people who can repair/replace that than the actual bionics and for a lot cheaper.
Axelmania
Knight

But just to clarify, do we have any text saying Borgs can't heal themselves.by default? I figure we.just assume this since we assume that about all tech.

But looking at Machine People for example: what if we hadn't been told they healed 1d6/minute? Would we assume they could heal 2d6 per day like we might for second Stage Prometheans, Phantoms, Silhouettes, and pg 104 rolling61-00 on step 2? Or with Arboreal Wailers and, Vampire Ugglies.
Nightmartree
Adventurer
Comment: I don't know what i'm doing, that's for realities GM to figure out

Unread post by Nightmartree »

Axelmania wrote:But just to clarify, do we have any text saying Borgs can't heal themselves.by default? I figure we.just assume this since we assume that about all tech.

But looking at Machine People for example: what if we hadn't been told they healed 1d6/minute? Would we assume they could heal 2d6 per day like we might for second Stage Prometheans, Phantoms, Silhouettes, and pg 104 rolling61-00 on step 2? Or with Arboreal Wailers and, Vampire Ugglies.

i'd assume it for machine people since they are a people, a race that has all the basic abilities of a natural race, they just happen to be machines too. I'd still treat borgs as machines, basically they have machines attached to them physically that need repair to be maintained like any machine. Even if they are an MDC being its not natural.

That said i'm picturing a borg medic kneeling on the battlefield applying bandages to other borgs now...actually...that could be a good idea, MD molecular bonding bandages, high end ones get a nanite infusion to repair internals as well, not perfect but they'll help keep that servo running and keep the dirt and bugs out.
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

Axelmania wrote:Since this isn't about Phase Weapons, going to spin this into a new thread. From the start, borgs have body MDC which they can supplement with extra armor.

I was never sure how to get that restored.

Read Rifts Bionics Sourcebook pp. 64 -70
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

Nightmartree wrote:[

That said i'm picturing a borg medic kneeling on the battlefield applying bandages to other borgs now...actually...that could be a good idea, MD molecular bonding bandages, high end ones get a nanite infusion to repair internals as well, not perfect but they'll help keep that servo running and keep the dirt and bugs out.

We call that stuff duct tape. :D
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
guardiandashi
Hero

Unread post by guardiandashi »

Axelmania wrote:Since this isn't about Phase Weapons, going to spin this into a new thread. From the start, borgs have body MDC which they can supplement with extra armor.

I was never sure how to get that restored. Borg armor was simple enough, use the SB1 costs, or just buying a new suit can be cheaper.

MDC of built-in armor, either the aforementioned 180/280 or an implant like cyber-armor, is an enigma to me. It isnt worn so I didn't think it would fa under body armor cost guidelines. Bionics/Cybernetocs are things I would expect you need a cyberdoc to repair while operators could deal with body armor.

I mean... Maybe if it was really minor (1 MDC?) an operator could fix it? Not sure how much damage before you go from machine parts to bloody biology.

DB2's Wolfen Quatoria were neat because they had nanobots to effect repairs. Something I hadn't seen before. It mentioned "metal and flesh components of the Quatoria can be repaired or healed through conventional medicine and mechanics" too, which I figure is a reference to cyberdocs (fixers/ops could probably help but maybe only do 40% of the work)

2 other bionic organisms are in PW: the Repo Bot on 46 (no self heal banks mentioned, though I would assume their force field regens like other naruni fields even if it doesn't day that under the OCC) and the Machine People on 79 who regenerate much faster than the Quatoria and also have a higher daily maximum (20d6 v 16d6 without external assistance) of healing. MP could also exceed max easier as long as they were conscious. Eating metal is probably cheaper than finding a medic+mechanic.

Wouldn't this mean Borgs and sentient robots like ARCHIE all now heal 2D6 MDC per day since is the basic rule for MDC beings introduced in the conversion book? I would think this applies except in cases where it exicitly says an MDC being heals slower or not at all.

The question is: do we have text anywhere saying these normal bionic organisms do not heal?

If we call into question the 2d6/day for Borgs, why not also call I to question the d6/day for all MDC beings without stated healing rates?

If we were to give 2d6/day self repair to all Borgs, why not to all robots as well? They are more expensive and not complicated by the need to support organic organs, so it should be pretty easy...

Come to think of it, isn't it strange stuff like the IRMSS exists but not any nanobots for repairing Borgs or power armor?

It might make a lot of sense to give the 2d6/day. Repairing robots and power armor is much more expensive than body armor and this could help offset that some, make their high prices more worthwhile.

unless equipped with something like a nanite repair system, or some other form of repair like "regenerating metal" a borg does NOT "heal" anymore than a car would heal itself. when a borg takes damage they have to be repaired, this does not of course preclude the borg repairing themselves if they have the skills. I am reminded of the first Robocop movie from 1987 where he removes his helmet, and is repairing some damage to his leg.

my point is in most cases "minor" damage can be repaired by straightening bent up materials or similar, at some point parts will be so badly mangled that the only practical solution is to remove and replace the damaged parts. the real advantage of "borg armor" is that's it is a version of body armor intended for borgs, IE cheap (relatively speaking) armor that is attached/worn on the outside of the borg to protect the actual components and body of the borg from being damaged.
Axelmania
Knight

This is your (and my) inherent opinion of borgs, but I am looking for a written rule approach.

1) do we consider all MDC beings to heal 2D6 MDC per day unless otherwise written?
2) are Borgs MDC beings?
3) are Borgs otherwise written?
Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

For what it's worth, I had some operators hack RMK to do other jobs. One was the Diagnostic Kit, which was programmed for a certain model and feature set, but could tell you what was wrong with 75% accuracy. Using one gave a bonus to repair the device.

Personally, I would not say that borgs automatically heal at any rate, unless they have some specific feature which allows them to. Withholding maintenance is a classic way to control borgs, including slave borgs. But, a reasonably priced feature which let them self-repair? I could see that being very popular.
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
Mack
Supreme Being
Comment: This space for rent.

Unread post by Mack »

One reason I'm a fan of Kremin Cyborgs (DBoNA, p111) is that they can repair themselves if the right raw materials are available. (Plus the have an interesting story.)
Some gave all.
Love your neighbor.
Know the facts. Know your opinion. Know the difference.
Axelmania
Knight

These could all be in addition to the 2D6 MDC per day. Unless of course....

1) that rule from Conversion Book no longer applies and MDC beings without stated healing rates do not naturally heal (I am fine with this, still better off than SDC creatures) so Silhouettes would need to learn appropriate magic and Phantoms would need friends.

2) borg MDC is not living MDC and you need your MDC to be alive to benefit from natural healing rules

3) Borgs are an explicit exception because we find a quote somewhere.saying their MDC does.not heal on its own.
taalismn
Priest

In fact, I'd argue that full conversion cyborgs, under their MDC, lack their original SDC and retain only their hit points, due to the cutting away and replacement of much of their flesh.
A hardcore GM might rule that a Fullcon regains Hit Points(if damage has reached that point, or somehow bypassed their MDC) at a SLOWER rate that a normal fully-bodied and healthy person's, because they lack the full organic body to assist in the healing process. Conversely, however, a lenient GM might rule that generations of bionic development have created life support systems that compensate for the reduction in such things as bone marrow volume, blood chmeistry factors, and the buffering effects that a complete organic body has.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Nightmartree
Adventurer
Comment: I don't know what i'm doing, that's for realities GM to figure out

Unread post by Nightmartree »

taalismn wrote:
Nightmartree wrote:[

We call that stuff duct tape. :D

The poor mans emergency band aid

and now i'm imagining duct tape being used to hold together giant robots...I mean, why not?
dreicunan
Hero

Unread post by dreicunan »

taalismn wrote:In fact, I'd argue that full conversion cyborgs, under their MDC, lack their original SDC and retain only their hit points, due to the cutting away and replacement of much of their flesh.
A hardcore GM might rule that a Fullcon regains Hit Points(if damage has reached that point, or somehow bypassed their MDC) at a SLOWER rate that a normal fully-bodied and healthy person's, because they lack the full organic body to assist in the healing process. Conversely, however, a lenient GM might rule that generations of bionic development have created life support systems that compensate for the reduction in such things as bone marrow volume, blood chmeistry factors, and the buffering effects that a complete organic body has.

As has been clearly established in the phase weapon thread, Full Conversion Cyborgs in Rifts are MDC beings who do not have HP or SDC anymore, only MDC, so by canon rules that issue would be moot.
Axelmania wrote:You of course, being the ultimate authority on what is an error and what is not.
Declared the ultimate authority on what is an error and what is not by Axelmania on 5.11.19.
guardiandashi
Hero

Unread post by guardiandashi »

if you want to be 100% realistic, full conversion borgs would have minimal hp,(if any) and no sdc, because all that's left of the "meat" is essentially the brain and CNS and in fact might be effectively only the brain and part of the spine (enough to "hook the metal into" ) they MIGHT have a few other "vital" organs retained if they can do their jobs better than cyber/bionic equivalents.

I know its kind of cliché but go watch the original Robocop movies. Murphy is somewhere between a partial and full conversion borg, (closer to full conversion) with a few bio parts retained because they worked ok/better than the bionic equivalents. If I remember right, they kept his brain, some of his spine, part of a lung(s), and just enough of his digestive system, that he could eat baby food to feed the organic parts.
Nightmask
Palladin

Unread post by Nightmask »

dreicunan wrote:
taalismn wrote:In fact, I'd argue that full conversion cyborgs, under their MDC, lack their original SDC and retain only their hit points, due to the cutting away and replacement of much of their flesh.

As has been clearly established in the phase weapon thread, Full Conversion Cyborgs in Rifts are MDC beings who do not have HP or SDC anymore, only MDC, so by canon rules that issue would be moot.

Which has been repeatedly disputed since putting a brain in a robot doesn't make it alive, you've a brain in a life-support module tied into a robot's systems you don't have an MDC being you've a barely HP'd lump of brain in a robot body that happens to be MDC.
Fair warning: I consider being called a munchkin a highly offensive slur and do report people when they err in doing so.

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

It's 'canon', not 'cannon'. A cannon is a big gun like on pirate ships, canon is what you mean when referring to something as being contained within one of the books such as how many dice to roll for a stat.
Nightmask
Palladin

Unread post by Nightmask »

Unless there was nanotech repair systems for the remaining flesh the brain wouldn't recover from HP damage, there wouldn't be any way for it to heal like that. Even a full body healing from damage to the nervous system or brain is difficult to impossible let alone when that's all you've got. Odds are though something that bypassed the MDC would simply obliterate the organics killing the borg anyway.
Fair warning: I consider being called a munchkin a highly offensive slur and do report people when they err in doing so.

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

It's 'canon', not 'cannon'. A cannon is a big gun like on pirate ships, canon is what you mean when referring to something as being contained within one of the books such as how many dice to roll for a stat.
dreicunan
Hero

Nightmask wrote:
dreicunan wrote:

Which has been repeatedly disputed since putting a brain in a robot doesn't make it alive, you've a brain in a life-support module tied into a robot's systems you don't have an MDC being you've a barely HP'd lump of brain in a robot body that happens to be MDC.

And Kevin Siembieda, whether you agree with it or not, has settled that dispute as far as canon rules go. I understand the arguments the disputing side is making, and they can feel free to house rule however they want, but canon is canon.
Axelmania wrote:You of course, being the ultimate authority on what is an error and what is not.
Declared the ultimate authority on what is an error and what is not by Axelmania on 5.11.19.
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

Unread post by Warshield73 »

dreicunan wrote:
Nightmask wrote:
dreicunan wrote:

And Kevin Siembieda, whether you agree with it or not, has settled that dispute as far as canon rules go. I understand the arguments the disputing side is making, and they can feel free to house rule however they want, but canon is canon.

Which book is that in?
Northern Gun Chief of Robotics
Designer of NG-X40 Storm Hammer Power Armor & NG-HC1000 Dragonfly Hover Chopper
Big game hunter, explorer extra ordinaire and expert on the Aegis Buffalo
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider Rifts Bestiary: Vol 1, Rifts Bestiary: Vol 2
dreicunan
Hero

It's in RUE, page 47. He also confirmed it in a Nokia chat. See the phase weapon vs borg thread for details.
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

guardiandashi wrote:

unless equipped with something like a nanite repair system, or some other form of repair like "regenerating metal" a borg does NOT "heal" anymore than a car would heal itself. when a borg takes damage they have to be repaired, this does not of course preclude the borg repairing themselves if they have the skills. I am reminded of the first Robocop movie from 1987 where he removes his helmet, and is repairing some damage to his leg.

my point is in most cases "minor" damage can be repaired by straightening bent up materials or similar, at some point parts will be so badly mangled that the only practical solution is to remove and replace the damaged parts. the real advantage of "borg armor" is that's it is a version of body armor intended for borgs, IE cheap (relatively speaking) armor that is attached/worn on the outside of the borg to protect the actual components and body of the borg from being damaged.

Yup the big borg advantage is ability to wear the ablative extra armor on top of their already strong MDC bodies. The armor is just a lot easier/cheaper to repair. You don't need bionic skills to work on them so anybody capable of working on MDC body armor can do the borg armor repairs. Once you start working on the borg themself it gets more difficult and possibly expensive.
taalismn
Priest

kaid wrote:[

Yup the big borg advantage is ability to wear the ablative extra armor on top of their already strong MDC bodies. The armor is just a lot easier/cheaper to repair. You don't need bionic skills to work on them so anybody capable of working on MDC body armor can do the borg armor repairs. Once you start working on the borg themself it gets more difficult and possibly expensive.

"What is THAT you're wearing?!"
"T-14 Armata. Like it?"
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Axelmania
Knight

Funny thing I just noticed, the 2d6/day is on page 21 of the October 1996 5th printing of the CB... but I can't find it there in the 1991 first printing.

I can't seem to find it in the revised conversion book... does anyone know if it appears anywhere except the later CB prints?

dreicunan wrote:As has been clearly established in the phase weapon thread, Full Conversion Cyborgs in Rifts are MDC beings who do not have HP or SDC anymore, only MDC, so by canon rules that issue would be moot.

You are refering to RUE 47 again? I'll quote what I figure you mean.
    Combat Cyborgs/Full Conversion 'Borgs .. are impervious to .. any attacks or weapons that do damage direct to Hit Points (is considered a Mega-Damage being now).

It doesn't say anywhere here that they do not have HP or SDC anymore.

All it is saying is that being a Mega-Damage being (MDB) protects from direct-to-Hit-Points attacks.

Pretty sure wearing environmental MDC Power Armor also protects you from attacks like that.

Do you have any other source which says that "Mega-Damage" being classification prevents you from having HP or SDC?

Nightmask wrote:Which has been repeatedly disputed since putting a brain in a robot doesn't make it alive, you've a brain in a life-support module tied into a robot's systems you don't have an MDC being you've a barely HP'd lump of brain in a robot body that happens to be MDC.

An interesting thing in Rifts Conversion Book Revised. Page 31 has "MDC to SDC for Living Creatures" and page 32 has "Mega-Damage to SDC for Inanimate Structures". Cyborgs are listed in the second class... but then the example given with them is the 420 MDC body armor.

dreicunan wrote:He also confirmed it in a Nokia chat.

Not able to verify that claim, sorry.
Mack
Supreme Being
Comment: This space for rent.

Unread post by Mack »

Axelmania wrote:All it is saying is that being a Mega-Damage being (MDB) protects from direct-to-Hit-Points attacks.

Pretty sure wearing environmental MDC Power Armor also protects you from attacks like that.

You're defining "direct-to-Hit-Point" attacks differently than other folks in this topic. They are referring to spells like Deathword (BoM p132), the magic tattoo Death Touch (BoM p242), or the Air Warlock spell Mist of Death (BoM p64) which bypass armor and SDC entirely to directly affect Hit Points.

Once there's a common definition of "direct-to-Hit-Points" then the conversation will be much easier.
Some gave all.
Love your neighbor.
Know the facts. Know your opinion. Know the difference.
dreicunan
Hero

Axelmania wrote:Funny thing I just noticed, the 2d6/day is on page 21 of the October 1996 5th printing of the CB... but I can't find it there in the 1991 first printing.

I can't seem to find it in the revised conversion book... does anyone know if it appears anywhere except the later CB prints?

dreicunan wrote:As has been clearly established in the phase weapon thread, Full Conversion Cyborgs in Rifts are MDC beings who do not have HP or SDC anymore, only MDC, so by canon rules that issue would be moot.

You are refering to RUE 47 again? I'll quote what I figure you mean.
    Combat Cyborgs/Full Conversion 'Borgs .. are impervious to .. any attacks or weapons that do damage direct to Hit Points (is considered a Mega-Damage being now).

It doesn't say anywhere here that they do not have HP or SDC anymore.

All it is saying is that being a Mega-Damage being (MDB) protects from direct-to-Hit-Points attacks.

Do you have any other source which says that "Mega-Damage" being classification prevents you from having HP or SDC?

Nightmask wrote:Which has been repeatedly disputed since putting a brain in a robot doesn't make it alive, you've a brain in a life-support module tied into a robot's systems you don't have an MDC being you've a barely HP'd lump of brain in a robot body that happens to be MDC.

An interesting thing in Rifts Conversion Book Revised. Page 31 has "MDC to SDC for Living Creatures" and page 32 has "Mega-Damage to SDC for Inanimate Structures". Cyborgs are listed in the second class... but then the example given with them is the 420 MDC body armor.

Then go to the phase weapon thread and read the links Killer Cyborg provided, which do indeed confirm the claim.
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

Axelmania wrote:It doesn't say anywhere here that they do not have HP or SDC anymore.

Kev did say that in the Nokia Q&A, though.

Nope.

CB1 22
Hit Points, SDC, and AR are not applicable to Mega-Damage creatures; the MDC effectively works as Hit Points.

Why not?
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
Axelmania
Knight

Mack wrote:You're defining "direct-to-Hit-Point" attacks differently than other folks in this topic. They are referring to spells like Deathword (BoM p132)

Which inflicts Mega-Damage against Mega-Damage creatures. Normally if you have both HP and MDC you would take damage to both (since there is no "instead") but full conversion borgs per RUE 47 do appear to have gained a special defense.

That said, look at RUE 46: under #2 MDC by location it says "armor cannot exceed the maximum".

This MDC is still armor. You are a Mega-Damage being by virtue of the armor supplementing your HP, not replacing it. It's just special armor which somehow protects against direct-to-HP damage.

Mack wrote:the magic tattoo Death Touch (BoM p242
the Air Warlock spell Mist of Death (BoM p64)
which bypass armor and SDC entirely to directly affect Hit Points.

Not entirely correct. Death Touch is stopped by power armor and Mist of Death is stopped by environmental armor.

Cyborg MDC is a form of armor (as clarified on RUE p 46) the question is, what it is the equivalent of. I would say treating it as protective as power armor would be reasonable.

I have my doubts as to whether Deathword would work against PA. There's probably a subtle time-delay with audio systems in bots/PA where the sound isn't directly piped in, but rather recorded and then played back. The delay would be very minor, maybe a non-noticeable millisecond, but that would be enough to protect you from Deathword. Otherwise I'm going to start leaving Death Words on answering machines.

dreicunan wrote:Then go to the phase weapon thread and read the links Killer Cyborg provided, which do indeed confirm the claim.

KC mentions Nokia in viewtopic.php?p=2973654#p2973654 but I'm not sure what links you're referring to. Am I missing some video archive of a phone convo on YouTube or something?

Killer Cyborg wrote:Kev did say that in the Nokia Q&A, though.

Yes but, what is the best proof we have of this besides word of mouth?

If I for example, said I met Kevin at a convention and we talked a couple minutes about how mini missiles and boom guns work, would you believe me if I didn't supply video evidence?

Killer Cyborg wrote:
All it is saying is that being a Mega-Damage being (MDB) protects from direct-to-Hit-Points attacks. Pretty sure wearing environmental MDC Power Armor also protects you from attacks like that.

Nope.

But it does: except in cases where we are told something bypasses armor.

It protects against death blows, for example, which are direct to hit point damage. The spells people have mentioned are exceptions explicitly because they say they bypass armor.

Killer Cyborg wrote:CB1 22 Hit Points, SDC, and AR are not applicable to Mega-Damage creatures; the MDC effectively works as Hit Points.

"Not applicable" doesn't necessarily mean you do not have something, just that their usefulness is situationally superceded.

For example see this 2007 post when Prysus quotes the Demon Death Blow from Palladium Fantasy: http://palladiumbooks.com/forums/viewto ... ?p=1644796

"Not applicable" does not mean the demon death blow does not exist, just that it is ineffective. If you have even 1 point of MDC then there's usually no point in HP or SDC because even 99 of them won't allow you to survive another point of MDC once it is gone.

Killer Cyborg wrote:Why not?
Was not directed to this Nokia data.

Return to “Rifts®”