Cyber Knight Techno Wizard armor

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

(SHIFTY)
Adventurer

Cyber Knight Techno Wizard armor

Unread post by (SHIFTY) »

I noticed that some of the Cyber Knight Techno Wizard armor has more than usual MDC for body armor. Is this a spell that is used or is it just due to being "magic".

Also, can all the Cyber Knight types of armor in SOT 4 be made into Techno Wizard armor?
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Re: Cyber Knight Techno Wizard armor

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

CK Techno-Wizard Armor? Source/pg number please as I'm drawing a blank on a specific suit(s). I know there is a blurb at the end of Sot4 in the Armor section on TW armor, but that's not the same as a specific unit that you seem to be referencing...

As for the Sot4 armors in the back of the book: YES you can enchant them with Techn-wizardry.
(SHIFTY)
Adventurer

Unread post by (SHIFTY) »

ShadowLogan wrote:CK Techno-Wizard Armor? Source/pg number please as I'm drawing a blank on a specific suit(s). I know there is a blurb at the end of Sot4 in the Armor section on TW armor, but that's not the same as a specific unit that you seem to be referencing...

As for the Sot4 armors in the back of the book: YES you can enchant them with Techn-wizardry.

Sorry I should have made the question a little more clear. I just noticed that a lot of the Cyber Knight NPC have Techno Wizard armor that has much more MDC than usual. Like Lord Coake And Sir Taloquin have Techno Wizard armor with more MDC and Sot4 says that Techno Wizard armor usually do have more MDC. Just wondered why this is. Wondered if it was a spell or something.
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

AFAIK it isn't explained how you can get TW armor that just adds physical "always" protection/enchantments (aside from being ley line powered). Given some of the TW magical attributes though, its possible they just "bulked up" the physical material and used the enchantments to overcome the weight/mass (still doesn't explain how those features are always on).

Though I have to wonder if TW can (essentially) do Alchemist type enchantments like in PF2E, which would be "always on"?

Return to “Rifts®”