The Angel Falls at Gencon...

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Supergyro
Dungeon Crawler

The Angel Falls at Gencon...

Unread post by Supergyro »

There was a Rifts game at Gencon, "The Angel Falls", I really wanted to join it but there wasn't space.

Does anyone here know how the game went and what happened in it?
"The key is your mind, control and master it. Doing that will not only master your body, but also enable you to shape the world around you to your every desire."

---Said by a Psyscape teacher to a class of Psi Warriors
---Said by a Mindwerks technician, before he drills the hole in your skull
Lao Tzume
Explorer

Re: The Angel Falls at Gencon...

Unread post by Lao Tzume »

I played it and it was great!
Brandon Aten (Rifts Writer) ran it.

He runs it a lot for GenCon. There were a lot of interesting Russian characters and some previews to his upcoming Rifts book Sovietski. I played Big Ivan and if you get a chance to play it I'd recommend playing him. He is a giant 'Borg that hits hard. I won MVP of the game by player vote which was very flattering. I also got a 50% off coupon due to being the MVP.

I'm reluctant to tell you what happened plot-wise as I think it'd be more fun to play yourself. But to keep it vague you basically go to a town to recover something from a group of Brodkil.

I'd definitely recommend playing it if you get a chance. It was my favorite Rifts game I played at GenCon.
Supergyro
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Supergyro »

Lao Tzume wrote:I'm reluctant to tell you what happened plot-wise as I think it'd be more fun to play yourself. But to keep it vague you basically go to a town to recover something from a group of Brodkil.

Given how it's not going to be a published adventure, it was full at Gencon, and Gencon is only once a year, there really isn't any realistic opportunity for me to play it myself.

Which is why I'm asking about it. But in case there were epic spoilers, I'm just curious about one and only one thing.

Was Mindwerks involved in the plot?
"The key is your mind, control and master it. Doing that will not only master your body, but also enable you to shape the world around you to your every desire."

---Said by a Psyscape teacher to a class of Psi Warriors
---Said by a Mindwerks technician, before he drills the hole in your skull
Lao Tzume
Explorer

Unread post by Lao Tzume »

Supergyro wrote:
Lao Tzume wrote:I'm reluctant to tell you what happened plot-wise as I think it'd be more fun to play yourself. But to keep it vague you basically go to a town to recover something from a group of Brodkil.

Given how it's not going to be a published adventure, it was full at Gencon, and Gencon is only once a year, there really isn't any realistic opportunity for me to play it myself.

Which is why I'm asking about it. But in case there were epic spoilers, I'm just curious about one and only one thing.

Was Mindwerks involved in the plot?

I guess I was mainly concerned for any others reading this thread and out of respect to Brandon.

I'll send you a PM.

Return to “Rifts®”