What comes after the Minion War?

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Re: What comes after the Minion War?

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

eliakon wrote:
taalismn wrote:The horrors to come of The Flooper Uprising. Not the curbstomp their detractors exoect....

Shhhhh
Don't give them warnings.
Surprise is still one of their greatest weapons.

I've used Floopers to good effect.

Get close to the enemy.
Drop some fusion blocks.
Floop out.
Earth-shattering Kaboom.
Floop back in and pick off the survivors with your paired weapons.
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

eliakon wrote:
taalismn wrote:The horrors to come of The Flooper Uprising. Not the curbstomp their detractors exoect....

Shhhhh

Won't matter. Even with warning, folks will be too busy dealing with Bambi's Revenge to be able to effectively counter the Floopers when they strike.
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Axelmania
Knight

Unread post by Axelmania »

eliakon wrote:
Warshield73 wrote:
Axelmania wrote:
Warshield73 wrote:
dreicunan wrote:That, or 50 Shades of Erin Tarn.
This might be the most disturbing thing I've heard all day

I would be surprised if the NGR did not have something like this.

Yeah, probably true. It would be less disturbing then the Japanese version though. :puke:

It would have less tentacles at least :lol:

I'm not too familiar with Rifts Japan, does it say anywhere they've even heard of Erin Tarn or that they have some kinda fascination here like we explicitly know about the NGR?

Also which Japan are we talking about? Far as I knew there were several factions.

I don't know if tentacle stuff would have the same kind of popularity. I think part of why that passes today is because it is so fantastical, because there aren't really tentacle monsters.

If you saw your fishing villages getting raided by Splugorth Slavers or similar, I think it would be less of a laughing matter, even more underground/niche than it presently is.

Warshield73 wrote:I have always assumed that the next threat to the NGR would be out of Russia. I have always wanted to see a war in Rifts between two major technological powers and Sovietski should have some major differences with the NGR.

I think they have too much in common right now to consider each other enemies. There are much more obvious enemies about. Stuff like CS v FQ seems like an abnormality to me, generally you're going to have humans spending their energies fighting demonic invaders.
dreicunan
Hero

Unread post by dreicunan »

eliakon wrote:

Shhhhh

Nobody expects the Flooper Inquisition!
Axelmania wrote:You of course, being the ultimate authority on what is an error and what is not.
Declared the ultimate authority on what is an error and what is not by Axelmania on 5.11.19.
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Unread post by eliakon »

taalismn wrote:
eliakon wrote:

Shhhhh

Won't matter. Even with warning, folks will be too busy dealing with Bambi's Revenge to be able to effectively counter the Floopers when they strike.

He prefers to be called Rambi now. The Machine gun on the Hip and headband should tip you off :P
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

Colonel_Tetsuya wrote:
Warshield73 wrote:
taalismn wrote:
CyCo wrote:Bananas!

8p

No, tapionca.

No, we either need Mindwerks to spring some nastiness to reverse the NGR's gains in the Bloody Campaign, or something to emerge from central Asia to focus attention there.

Butterscotch?

I have always assumed that the next threat to the NGR would be out of Russia. I have always wanted to see a war in Rifts between two major technological powers and Sovietski should have some major differences with the NGR.

Unless there are a lot more people living there than was ever intimated, the Sovietski doesntnhave the manpower to be a remotely credible threat to the NGR - not to mention they'd have to fight their way through a few million hostile Brodkil to even get to the NGR.

I dont think their potential political differences could ever amount to them being insane enough to go head to head with the Brodkil Empire, just to get at the NGR. (Who they trade with).

This is pretty much why you generally don't see a lot of big human power vs big human power. What large powers exist are pretty geographically isolated. The NGR and warlords are about as close as it gets but that still has a mountain of enemies you would have to cut through to even try to fight. Other than some raiding it just is not really practical to try to do major assaults on near equals. Just look at CS vs free quebec eventually the CS would have won through attrition but the cost in military forces and lives would have been stupendous for minimal possible gain. CS vs tolkeen is another example tolkeen was a small 3 city nation state that had a relatively tiny population. Even being basically next door for the most simple possible logistics the CS still spent a huge amount of time/blood/money to knock them out.
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Unread post by eliakon »

If the game just HAS to have yet another war as its meta-arc. The most logical place is South America.
It already has two technologically advanced, and rather equally matched nations gearing up for a war, there are a number of other nations in near proximity to provide a wealth additional factions to mine for enemies, allies, neutrals, "favored neutrals", the-enemy-of-my-enemy-is-also-my-enemy, and more. Oh and mercenaries, at least two alien civilizations, vampires, and they are in close proximity to the largest base the Lemurians have outside of their cities.
If it has to be yet another brand new war and not follow up on any of the dozens and dozens of hanging plot threads that is the best option.

The option that is the far second place is some of the warlords finely deciding enough is enough and having it out. That would probably quickly descend into the sort of years long messy complicated, and in the end pointless, fighting that wont end up changing the status quo all that much (other than maybe getting rid of a faction or two, or changing some warlords, or getting a new band, or maybe switching up some alliances) that players seem to like.

Third place would be to actually start to do something about the little insect problem the planet has up north.
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

i agree. lets get some metaplot for the rest of the planet.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

glitterboy2098 wrote:i agree. lets get some metaplot for the rest of the planet.

Japan: "I'm sorry, we can do without 'interesting times', what with demon-run CHINA next door."
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

IMO Europe is the next place to do metaplot. we've got a good start with the NGR's recent OP:SEASTORM and the splitting of the Gargoyle Empire into seperate Alps and France portions, and there is certainly plenty of raw material around.

personally i would like to see Zazshan actually doing something to manipulate things outside New Camelot.. it's supposed to be a major threat to the world, but WB3 doesn't really make it feel that way because it is so confined to one little area, and operating so secretly.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Nightmartree
Adventurer
Comment: I don't know what i'm doing, that's for realities GM to figure out

Unread post by Nightmartree »

glitterboy2098 wrote:IMO Europe is the next place to do metaplot. we've got a good start with the NGR's recent OP:SEASTORM and the splitting of the Gargoyle Empire into seperate Alps and France portions, and there is certainly plenty of raw material around.

personally i would like to see Zazshan actually doing something to manipulate things outside New Camelot.. it's supposed to be a major threat to the world, but WB3 doesn't really make it feel that way because it is so confined to one little area, and operating so secretly.

I feel like Zazshan's threat is more on a corruption and political level, eventually turning a (potentially) good human nation into a tool that expands and controls large parts of the world, conquest by proxy as it were. He just has to keep acting and pushing the right buttons while ducking the druids attempts to unmask him until he is the Iron Clad ruler behind the throne of Camelot, say in a generation or two when he has sired a "heir" as the queen...and raised his kids to be what he desires, either secretly evil or actually good but believing in whatever he says.

Return to “Rifts®”