Release dates for power armor in NA

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

silversarith
D-Bee

Release dates for power armor in NA

Unread post by silversarith »

I've started off my group that I've been running for a few months now all the way back in the Timeline with the Archie adventure in sourcebook one. Right now we are just about done with the Mechanoids, barring a couple groups that escaped and will cause problems for some one or another later.
Having just started finishing up my collection of books that have released since the last big series of rifts there are a lot of cool goodies in the northern gun books but not a lot of specifics on release dates so I've been considering going back through and figuring out when what came on the market. The big cut off for those is the UEL links since there was a specific date (105? 107? somewhere in there, not sure off the top of my head.) that the first armor with those released so anything else with those must be after that date. But not all of the other books have quite that amount of help in the release dates.

I was strongly considering going back through and tagging every book by its publishing date, and using that as a rough reference to slot it into the PA time line when it is not explicitly established. Then using the date that the book takes place during that would give you a rough date that any equipment in it is available at. Anything called new in a book that should hit spring 105 PA would be new about then, where as anything first mentioned in that book without any information about a date but called widely available was probably several months to a year before then to give it time to trickle out into various communities.

If anyone has already put together a list of bots, or note-able vehicles armor and weapons by date, or books by publishing date I would be grateful if someone could point me in the right direction. flipped through the first few pages of the forums here but didn't see anything I thought was applicable. If there isn't such a list up I'll try and remember to throw mine up here as it shakes up.
SereneTsunami
Explorer

Re: Release dates for power armor in NA

Unread post by SereneTsunami »

I know that the NG-X9 and the NG-V7 both entered the open market in 81PA. They are the first of the NG line.

It is harder to pin down the first year that the CS began flying a SAMAS, but 80PA(roughly) is when they first fielded the UAR-1.

I have not researched the Titan stuff.

I have not found any useful data on Triax products.

It is interesting to me that no armies had any real robots or PA before 80PA that I can find. That means nearly all of the Dark ages( and decads after) were fought without such machines. I am assuming Combat borgs were the big guns during that time.
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

silversarith wrote:I've started off my group that I've been running for a few months now all the way back in the Timeline with the Archie adventure in sourcebook one. Right now we are just about done with the Mechanoids, barring a couple groups that escaped and will cause problems for some one or another later.
Having just started finishing up my collection of books that have released since the last big series of rifts there are a lot of cool goodies in the northern gun books but not a lot of specifics on release dates so I've been considering going back through and figuring out when what came on the market. The big cut off for those is the UEL links since there was a specific date (105? 107? somewhere in there, not sure off the top of my head.) that the first armor with those released so anything else with those must be after that date. But not all of the other books have quite that amount of help in the release dates.

I was strongly considering going back through and tagging every book by its publishing date, and using that as a rough reference to slot it into the PA time line when it is not explicitly established. Then using the date that the book takes place during that would give you a rough date that any equipment in it is available at. Anything called new in a book that should hit spring 105 PA would be new about then, where as anything first mentioned in that book without any information about a date but called widely available was probably several months to a year before then to give it time to trickle out into various communities.

If anyone has already put together a list of bots, or note-able vehicles armor and weapons by date, or books by publishing date I would be grateful if someone could point me in the right direction. flipped through the first few pages of the forums here but didn't see anything I thought was applicable. If there isn't such a list up I'll try and remember to throw mine up here as it shakes up.

The UEL are very new it sounded like they were in the latest push of armors in 108-109PA. Basically anything before the CS war books can be assumed as 105PA or earlier. For a good list of them the game masters guide pretty much everything in there should be in the 105PA batch other than maybe the new style CS stuff.
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

For the newer stuff mostly you would be looking at CS war/heroes of humanity/NG1-NG2/triax 2.
silversarith
D-Bee

Unread post by silversarith »

Well I didn't think it was that late that stuff started getting produced at all, though I know there were relatively few on the market prior to 102 or so, mainly the Flying Titan and the Sampson. I suppose a lot of it was in easier to produce machines like tanks, and just getting by with repairing what they had as opposed to producing new material.

And I did find the release date for the UEL's. The First power armor to release with them was the Sabre in summer 108, so anything else with them is at least later than that.

Just trying to nail the dates down to something close enough, like which season of which year or so. The entire party that I'm running for uses power armor so stuff like release dates could be a neat thing, especially since their base of operations is in Northern Gun, pretty close to the main city, so they'll be seeing ads for every new thing that comes out and probably run off on dangerous mission to get enough credits together when they see something new they like. And I'm just one of those guys that I would hate to put stuff out in the wrong order/at the wrong time.
Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

For Titan Robotics, I'd look at SB-1 and try to figure out when Hagan started working for Archie... I always figured that was a Hagan initiative, not James-T.
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

I always sort of thought the old flying titan and old titan robotics power armor/robot vehicles smacked of james T. Pretty bare bones straight forward robot looking things. If you look at the stuff once hagan came out like like from one of the mercs books that has the shemmarion rail gun it clearly looks fancier and more advanced than the original titan robotic designs.
BlueLion
Wanderer

Unread post by BlueLion »

It is hard to nail down most release dates as they are not part of most stats.
In closing I would like to say "Will eat for food"

Breath mint?
Have a nice day.

Now where did I put that Sword?
Yes my spelling is bad, but that is the least of my problems.

Is it bed time yet.

Return to “Rifts®”