What do you think is the Best True Atiantean,s OCC?

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

gaby
Knight

What do you think is the Best True Atiantean,s OCC?

Unread post by gaby »

What do you think is the Best True Atlantean,s OCC and What is your Reason?

What do you think is ther best power and Why?

Do you have ideas for New OCC for True Atlantean?
kaid
Knight

Re: What do you think is the Best True Atiantean,s OCC?

Unread post by kaid »

For pure tatoo goodness hard to beat the undead slayers mostly because they simply have more tattoos from a broader field of choices. I am waiting till the new book comes out but from the preview both the crystal magic and stone magic OCC are looking pretty nice. I did notice from the drivethrough preview the crystal magic one got some additions and the stone magic has their ability to use the crystals as limited shot spell casting things so kinda want to see what their final update looks like.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Crystal magic? Is it anything like the Crystal magic in the PF Island at the Edge of the World book?
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
HarleeKnight
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: For the White Rose!!!

Unread post by HarleeKnight »

It's obviously not going to be everybody's choice of "best" but...

I'm partial to the Atlantean Dilettante from Rifter 52. I like the fact that they aren't tied down by anything, not stereotypes or physical location or family drama. It's kinda how I see myself.
There are two kinds of people in this world... 1: Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:Crystal magic? Is it anything like the Crystal magic in the PF Island at the Edge of the World book?

No the stuff in PF was mostly psionic enhancers. The crystal magic stuff is manipulating crystals via magic in various ways. In the raw preview it looked pretty darn neat good defense/attack and solid utility while being a pretty unique and flashy type of magic. Curious to see what the final product version is I already saw some additions and upgrades in the little bit you see of the OCC in the preview on drivethru rpg.
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

HarleeKnight wrote:It's obviously not going to be everybody's choice of "best" but...

I'm partial to the Atlantean Dilettante from Rifter 52. I like the fact that they aren't tied down by anything, not stereotypes or physical location or family drama. It's kinda how I see myself.

I think if you like that you will probably like the rework of the atlantean nomad. If it is anything like what we saw in the raw preview it is a really nice be atlantean the way you want to sort of OCC. Good base package of abilities and MOS type options to specialize in a variety of ways depending what floats your boat.
Myrrhibis
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Myrrhibis »

kaid wrote:
HarleeKnight wrote:It's obviously not going to be everybody's choice of "best" but...

I think if you like that you will probably like the rework of the atlantean nomad. If it is anything like what we saw in the raw preview it is a really nice be atlantean the way you want to sort of OCC. Good base package of abilities and MOS type options to specialize in a variety of ways depending what floats your boat.

Agreed - the Nomad is not quite as useless as it once was.
Myrrhibis
--the VAwitchy Gamer Chick
Help my eggs & hatchlings to grow to hatch: Get your own @ Dragcave.net

Myrrhibis
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Myrrhibis »

I agree with PP that Slayer rocks - it's one of the handful of OCCs I tend to gravitate to, depending on the power level & focus of the game I am playing in.

I was *very* happy w/ the update to it, aside from the removal of some skill slots. Not happy about that, and my GM told me to leave OCC Related skill selection alone.

In our view, the addition of Lore:Vamps & Lore: Dimensions (to better utilize Pyramids), didn't offset the still-limited skill slots enough.

I also appreciated the increased # of tattoos some of the classes can now have active, as they go up in level.

A 15th level Tattoo user only having the same 6 max as a Level 1 Tattoo user never made any sense.
Myrrhibis
--the VAwitchy Gamer Chick
Help my eggs & hatchlings to grow to hatch: Get your own @ Dragcave.net

Return to “Rifts®”